When did the WoW community get so political?

Some people are fast readers.

1 Like

Don’t cherry pick. I said in your case, ‘creepy’

You shouldn’t be surprised that people vehemently disagree with you over something so trivial as the phrase female.

12 Likes

I have not done anything like that but what I would take from that is that there is a time and place for everything and the word female isn’t ‘super creepy’ to most people. I’m also Canadian so liters are the normal way to measure and even if you were an American doing that very hypothetical study you would publish your results in liters.

I’m more surprised that 10 people immediately liked a post 1 minute after it was posted. You’d think if 10 people were all monitoring this thread that closely and agreed with you, there would be a lot more likes on the other posts in this thread rather than the just the 1-3 likes most are getting.

3 Likes

LOL, I remember once on the old forums I got into an argument with someone and I started to beat them in upvotes… I refreshed the page like 5 mins later and they suddenly had like 25 likes or something. I was really just like “lol at this” because I’d bet it was some funny business.

People like the truth.

14 Likes

Beer in Canada is served in pints. You said liters. Are you sure you are Canadian?

I remember when I was ignorant like you :frowning:

I disagree. I think a lot of the civilized world is inherently involved in politics and civics, and thus were not the least bit surprised to see where the world is going right now, thematically. Americans, however, are (by large majority; there are the few of us who always cared) experiencing this sudden resurgence of “give-a-crap” and don’t know how to express it in responsible, civil terms.

(Though the recent protests in a certain European country are not exactly a shining example of civility just now, either. Lord knows I would not want to be accused of any preferential treatment.)

1 Like

I literally watched this post slowly get likes on it. Lol what are you guys even doing? Please tell me someone else saw that, too.

3 Likes

I did, because more people agree with me.

13 Likes

Social media just created a situation we’ve never been in. It’s not that people didn’t care before, it’s just that they didn’t have a platform to speak. We’re in a weird spot right now with communication. It’s never been open and instant; nor have we had the audiences that we have now.

2 Likes

I did, but I don’t see why having more likes is an issue, then again, I don’t use the forums much so for me I don’t care if one has none, or 1000. Just my opinion anyways.

Why are they all only agreeing with you then and not anyone else in this thread who is agreeing with you and that other guy? Why is there suddenly a barrage of exactly 11 likes in the span of a minute on all of your posts?

1 Like

I might respond here and there, but I tend to avoid engaging in it. If I wanted to deal with people who are offended by literally everything, I’d log onto Twitter.

Research in Canada/USA/anywhere would still measure it in liters and not pints. Are you sure you are literate enough to be having this discussion?

It’s the way he’s phrasing his posts most likely. I don’t doubt they are probably the same 11 people hitting the button and following the post as it unfolds.

1 Like

Ok, well that changes things. I could totally see some Canadian guy in a bar saying “eh, that male just drank 20 liters of beer”. And then maybe tabernac or something.

1 Like

Nope, ask any Canadian and they serve beer in pints.