Whats the counter to bubble + wings?

Whats the counter to bubble + wings as a spec that doesnt have any type of dispell?

Just giving up and die?

Kite? and how you slow them?

This aberration have any type of counter?

11 Likes

Damage reductions or mobility, same as before.

5 Likes

Eh nothing can really counter it tbh. I’m currently on a 327 game win streak in 3’s by bubbling the opener and killing someone.

14 Likes

“It doesn’t surprise me”
Oliver tree - Miss You lyrics around sec 13

2 Likes

You counter it with bubble

7 Likes

Pure gold!

2 Likes

In real life self defense scenarios where you know that you are going to be overpowered by your opponent, it is sometimes effective to just start behaving very erratically. Not necessarily aggressively, but on edge. You want them to think you’re crazy. Soil yourself if you have to.

My dad’s high school friend went to the texas state pen in the 80’s and survived this way. He was an overprivileged kid and good at sports. He “hit the slopes” so to speak, and ended up lifting some guy’s ferrari and caught 10 years (like 8 of it on parole). He tells the story as if his first week there, the entire rec yard was just trying to breed him. Someone gave him the tip that it would calm down if he fought someone, so next day at chow hall, he just talked back to one of the really large, gang affiliated inmates and he immediately started getting jumped. But before all of the guards were able to get the rubber slugs and stop the riot, he’d at least landed a couple solid hits to the dude’s face, and sure enough, nobody wanted him to be their girlfriend any more.

Most of the time, bubble wings used offensively early means that the ret doesn’t really know what it’s doing. It’s just full of hormones and aggression in a confined environment and it doesn’t really know how to channel it properly yet. The answer is really to just do whatever you have to do to squeak out life during that window and the game is probably won for you. You’re going to have to suffer some harassment first, just be strong. It’s being resillient through that tough time and then punching back at the opportune moment that makes the difference. Use the aggression as if it’s the ret’s weakness, and then send it deep when it’s vulnerable.

9 Likes

Just die. You can’t be killed if you are dead already. It’s full proof!

2 Likes

So you’re saying I should sh*t myself when Ret uses Bubbles+Wings?

4 Likes

You run…

Bonus points if you say “Mr Wizard, get me out of here!” While being pursued :joy:

4 Likes

Well, you’re a priest, so having MD bound is a good start.

6 Likes

if you’re having a hard time with a difficult opponent. Remember to get their health to zero before your health gets to zero.

4 Likes

I dont play priest, this is just my alt.

The point of the post honestly its search a good counter to this (no hate, but im upset with that mechanic).

For example, most of spec you can stop their burst just with a stun, defensive in general, dmg reduction, kite, slow, silence, dissarm.

But in ret case the only thing its another powerfull defensive that works like bubble, there is defensive like dark pact or ignore pain that its a joke against the burst dmg of rets and you just only can run, but HEY! you cant slow them too, so… stun? yei you cant… so lets just kite, dont worry they are going to slow you or in the best situation stun you.

It feels rets burst right now have minimum counter if you compare to the other specs of the game.

And besides that, ret have counter for all specs in the game rn.

2 Likes

Run until bubble ends then CC it until wings is over. If a ret is using bubble to cover their burst, they’re not good, full stop. Live their go by any means necessary, kill during forbearance. Or, alternatively, play priest or warrior, pop bubble.

1 Like

They need to nerf ret damage while in bubble by like 90%

5 Likes

lol funny.
Look at Neo run from all those Ret Pallys, yikes!

1 Like

It’s symbolic for all the ret rerollers too :joy: They all transformed into ret instead of Mr Smith :joy:

1 Like

Not everyone is a warrior. And you need shimmer/blink to live a lot, might not be available.

Generally one wants to have some semblance of a plan as to how they’re going to deal with a major offensive cooldown from the enemy team.

Also I’m not sure I’d use Mage as an example of a class that struggles to deal with Ret.

2 Likes

But no one runs away when I press darkglare?

1 Like