How to counter a ret in PVP now?

Tbh i also think judgement dispel should be nerfed, i think an icd would be enough.

What i’m talking about, for example, some people were claiming the judge dispell did not proc UA, when it does. there are other examples but this is the most recent i remember.

2 Likes

You think ret’s got the market cornered on listening to people cry? Demon Hunter, hold my beer…

Tell me, how many days total has ret been above demon hunter in arena, M+, or raid rankings since DH was introduced? 10 maybe?

I’m not saying DH doesn’t catch hate,but our complaint is that ret catches hate and demands for nerfs, even though/when the specs isn’t good. It’s irrational hate.

3 Likes

Dusted this guy off last night. Very fun indeed. Yet an ice mage slowed me and shattered me while I trudged towards him.

Fun and powerful but also like every other toon if challenged properly can by defeated.

5 Likes

I’m of the same opinion ret is fine where it’s at right now great at soloing dumb heroes who think they can come and burst on me with no regard, counters for ret are focus him down and tunnel them becuz survivabilty as a ret with no heals is pretty much game over also spam slows cc stun lock are all adequate counter measures

1 Like

Funny, that’s exactly what all the rets said before the nerfs last week!

Ret is absolutely not fine where it’s at right now. Nerfs inc for sure

^ you are literally describing ret gameplay:

1 Like

That’s the meta at the end game right now though rogue can literally stun lock me and chunk me and I have to time defensive’s pretty on point to have a chance, hunters are just like ret in the fact that’s it’s really a question of who gets their burst off faster, locks are aids on my screen basically with all their minions and fear slows like it’s a really bursty meta endgame in pvp so taking all of that into contact yes I do think rets are performing quite well but nowhere near what was the case wen they released this last recent patch the nerfs they applied have brought it into more of a level playing field

2 Likes

This is amazing, ty.

What is the counter to this again?

I personally never used that tactic mainly because of the fact that I view bubble for me as the last tool I use as a defensive and the room for error using this particular tactic is far too high for my comfort, in that original thread though there seems to be aplenty answers to that particular question.

1 Like

327 win streak says you might be doing it wrong then.

How about judgement auto dispelling everything, that seem balanced to you?

Why nitpick on certain mechanics that are in game and shared across dozens of classes and specs instead of asking asinine questions that you have gotten answers too. I can sit here and complain all day about getting cc trained till I’m useless but I do not I strive to improve and look for other solution that are present in game, you have 2 other teammates in 3s feel teamwork makes the dream work

2 Likes

Name one other class spec that has wings + bubble mechanic

That’s a pally specific talent and choice that unfortunately the devs have tried and failed to balance around but the key word is they are trying do they get it perfect ofc not but it’s what these forums are for and for someone crying about it so much you should take the time to think of a proper way to replace or outright change the ability and present what you come up with but to sit there and cry over spilled milk makes no sense to me for example if they wanted to reintroduce a dmg reduction again for when bubble is active perfectly within reason and up for discussion

The counter is checking his armory and finding out that he’s only played 25 total 3s, and is lying and you’re buying it.

7 Likes

Wait, logic has no place here. If it confirms her bias, it MUST be true. Nevermind that none of the best ret players have done these things on their streams. Nevermind that Blizzard doesn’t balance around 1500 MMR players failing to counter.

4 Likes

Also Ret is behind Arms warrior in 3s, but no one is complaining about Arms…

If you go to arena forum they always tell you that the game is and should be balanced around 3s, but they want Ret nerfed based on solo shuffle, because it is the top spec flollowed by Arms and Disc.

5 Likes

As a holy paladin I counter ret paladins by saving my trinket when they hoj me, I know they get extra damage when they wack a target affected by their hoj.

Also I save my stun and blind for that ret paly, then a bop for my self.

When all that is exhausted I freedom and horse away from the ret paly and run around in a wide circle around my team mates so I can stay close to them to heal them.

If all that dont work, well then I die and Q for the next solo shuffle. Most of the time it does work.

2 Likes

you stop queueing until they balance this mess

How do I tell when that is going to happen?
A big ball of light is al lI see comin at me LoL.

Seriously is it maybe my graphics or display settings, am I missing something?
I don’t want any class nerfed to the ground and if we aren’t careful that is what happens.
wanting to learn how to at least have half a chance for now.

PS.
I ran my mouth a bit wondering how any of it was such a problem to everyone and then I noticed I had only been playing crappy players mostly or getting lucky and getting on good teams that would play with me and notice what I was going to do(hard to do cc when everyone won’t go along with it sometimes for me at least).

I don’t do ranked stuff though, is there still some sort of matchamking going on even in random bgs?

Bored of the pve thing after 17 years and trying to make pvp fun now.
If i say stupid things it is usually because I was misinformed or missed something haha.

Because counters to it exist. Just not for everyone. Its also RNG in what it removes. Could get SWP, could get Vamp Touch and get feared to Narnia.

Could get Corruption, could get UA and get Thanos Snapped.

Also, Cleanse the Weak for Holy is the exact same talent tied to Cleanse instead of Judgement and CtW is more consistent. Whatever you remove, you remove from EVERYONE within your auras.

Nobody cried about JotP AT ALL during DF until crying got ret nerfed the first time. This is just crying for more nerfs for the sake of more nerfs because people want Ret to be terrible forever.

6 Likes