What was the intent of Classic?

You say you don’t care one way or another what happens to this game yet you care enough to come here and make a post about it telling those that do to “get a life” for some reason? Sounds like it’s you that needs to get a life if this is what you do with your free time buddy.

1 Like

Not every change that they made in retail is bad… some people fail to see that. The boost solves an issue of people who dont want to play classic but do want to play TBC and most people dont have as much time to play like they did before. The boost is a 1 time per account which i think is fine. But they better moderate bots better or it will backfire. Idk how the new 2 month sub will work with bots either.

Idk what their intended purpose for classic is. I hope it is taking it down a path like OSRS did and they have a game where its updated, balanced a little, new stuff added, but sticks to the core philosophies of an MMORPG compared to retail where you run around in oribos while you sit in LFG for 45 minutes to fill your bar each week to get the vault.

One could say core philosophies dont involve boosts. But im sure someone got paid a lot more than us(jk they probably got fired so bobby can have more bonuses) to figure out that the metrics of providing a boost will bring them more players, along with more money than no boost would. A lot of people I know didnt play classic but said they would play TBC back when classic released, well here we are, a lot of them are leveling a toon or waiting for the boost. 2 of my real life friends are going to sub and boost a toon to play TBC and of course probably level alts as well.

But boosts bypass what classic was. Classic was mainly about leveling. Granted most people dont care for it anymore, they want the end game, raids, gear, pvp, parses, gold. I know i hate leveling from about 25-50. TBC IS the end game, So having people play it makes sense (kind of like current retail).

1 Like

You trying to say that classic community isnt toxic?

1 Like

Toxicity is subjective.

They did it to get subs and make money.

Conflating every new system with one another is a huge flaw in your argument and makes your post useless. Somebody can think that boosts, transmog, race/faction change or dual spec are good without embracing all the other three, or without embracing all the rest of the retail stuff. They can also not not care about many things, particularly things that don’t give any gameplay change (transmog, webstore mounts).

Personally? I don’t care much about boosts considering how broken RAF was and they did that with TBC. I would be in favor of dual spec and even transmog, I would be against faction changes and possibly race changes. Name change would be fine. All the actual new systems like raid finder, dungeon finder, talent rework, limiting flying behind some stupid achievement at a later date that isn’t announced yet, those would all really suck.

You know what’s consistent about my thoughts? The stuff I would be in favor of all give players options and/or value their time while not killing the community experience, screwing up existing systems or drastically changing the game itself.

The stuff I don’t care about don’t really do either.

I play how I want to play. Blizzard has less impact on that than the player base. Let me break it down to you plainly.

Added boost? I don’t care. So what if you have a random extra 58 suddenly. You get another daily crafting mat? Cool

Player base ruining more impactful: Lots o’ bots. Players buying and selling gold. This gold is used for GDKP, etc. That is magnitudes more impactful than a boost.

What else are you worried about? A stupid mount? Meh, I couldn’t care less about that.

What if they added achievements? Oh my god! The agony of tracking your accomplishments… I mean it’s not like the player base goes around collecting world buffs to compete in an arbitrary race on a third-party website or anything…

I think the hyperbolic crybabies on the forums are pathetic. Play the game: Log in, select a character, level it. Don’t fraking cheat. Find some fun people to hang out with. Do some PvP and some PvE, farm, grind, have fun, log out, live your life… Do it again tomorrow.

1 Like

At the risk of sounding controversial to the forum topic or a nay-sayer I feel I should voice something… Something of an alternative.

The boost is happening. Sorry, but it is. The income potential is too great for Activision’s Blizzard to stable the idea of not putting boosts, and potentially other monetized features into the game further down the road.

The battle-lines are clearly drawn.

At this point if you are against the boost you might have an alternative, but it requires a heavy choice:
Subscribe to the notion of “fresh tbc servers” that offer no cash shop and no transfers/boosts
OR
Submit to the current roll-out and accept that boosts are happening. Get over it. And have fun. Do your best to be magnanimous and get over the petty squabble with the people who will be boosting on your server to play there with you.

“But it is not fair!”
“I worked hard for my stuff etc…”

Please forgive me quoting myself on this one but I believe the post is relevant here.

Stop spamming your horrid wall of text in every thread. No one cares about you quoting yourself.

3 Likes

It’s not a battle ffs. Some of you guys are reaching dangerous levels of zealotry here.

1 Like

I get that. Looking to reach as many people as I can organically. I feel like making yet another new thread would just be a waste of peoples’ time as it has been done to death.
I figure by now the people frequenting multiple forums are already rolling their eyes and skipping my little book and that is 100% understandable.

However, the passion and the desire for the fresh server is real and I am running out of ways to wordsmith the same post over and over and over - but unlike the people who just grow tired and stop I still want to reach out to those who might find this solution to be their saving grace.

I am sorry to inconvenience you in this way - a couple scroll wheels and you’ve got it behind you. Even if you see it again.

Thanks for your understanding and your patience.
Have a good day.

He can asks it where he wants. This is a public forum.

Only idiots repeat the past

because we asked for, and we were willing to pay for it.

I wasn’t responding to the OP.

rofl? Does this mean you visit a different dominatrix each time?

It looked like you were

I don’t own any Dalmatians

To have fun.

I personally like the pre-Cataclysm Azeroth. Many of the modern QoL features that we find in retail are things that the player base were requesting for years. Paid services and cash shops had no real impact on me when I played retail.

If we are able to relive vanilla through wrsth with some QoL tweaks, I say bring it on.