What the heck blizzard do something about this

To be 100% frank with you - you’re given the rules and link to said rules. That’s all that’s governs everything in and out of game related to WoW. You’re not going to say what you wish, nor try to rule lawyer your way into doing what one’s want to do.

The rules state we can’t name and name, and that’s the end all, be all of it. No, you don’t get to reword it to suit your needs, no, you’re not going to do what you want on this forum because you feel like one has the right to.

Again, the rules been state and no one will change how it is beside the folks who made it.

8 Likes

The irony of this comment, given the grammar, punctuation, and misspellings, cannot be overstated.

11 Likes

regardless of the fact my point still remains

the only point you have made is you don’t understand the rules here

5 Likes

Them breaking the rules doesn’t mean you can.

3 Likes

Derailing a thread is also against the rules. This poor thread was answered in the first reply.

If Demenes wants to debate the wording of Blizz rules, they can start a fresh thread, though the answer isn’t going to change.

5 Likes

Rufflebottom pretty much nailed why naming and shaming in a video would constitute harassment - you are trying to provoke a public response against a player.

The video itself proves nothing, The only thing Blizzard uses as a basis for discipline are the logs and the data that is collected from them when you right-click-report,

Supplying a video instead of right-click-report just slows the investigation now as the time stamps of the logs in question has to be determined and the logs manually reviewed to pull out the relevant data.

5 Likes

what rule am i breaking im inquiring on where it says you cant name individuals…and no one can seem to link that to me all they are linking is a term thats does not apply

I’d argue that a better venue for that conversation would be https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS .

3 Likes

where do i do that at i am really curious what an official from blizzard would have to say

people, stop biting.

kal already has their hands full.

in case people need a reminder, last 2 bullet points:

1 Like

Naming and shaming is considered harassment. Since you like “legal” definitions, in the game Blizzard makes the “laws”. Their “law” is that naming-and-shaming on the forums is not allowed.

Edit:

Could I just report them on the forums?

• No, this is not an appropriate place for such reports and could be considered harassment itself. We do not allow what is considered “naming and shaming” and any such threads are likely to be edited or deleted. No investigations will be initiated as the result of a forum post and could result in the temporary loss of forum posting privileges.
5 Likes

how is it that it took 2 hours and 3 mvp’s only for a random mage to find what i was looking for…

I was speaking for myself, this is a player to player discussion forum after all.

It was in direct response

Though that was only part of the CoC, there is also Defamation which was a part of the area I quoted, then someone else later expanded upon.

the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.

1 Like

you should have linked https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/welcome-please-read/1647/3?u=teufelgott-1764
that completely answers my question but in an attempt to be “right” you brushed me off because they are clearly not in the same spot or explain nearly the level of detail

Because:

1. That’s the UK site
  2. We’re on the US region of the game.
3 Likes

In general, it’s the same sticky post on every sub forum, in the US and EU.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/welcome-please-read/130730/4

1 Like

I don’t really see a benefit in allowing the trend in this discussion to continue so I’m going to go ahead and close it down. The correct responses were offered up in the beginning of this thread but I’ll touch on them:

• If you believe you’ve encountered players that are cheating, please use the in-game tools provided to report them. This not only flags them for review but provides location information to the game teams. Both allow for trend monitoring (trend of the account being reported and of the locations in-game).
  • Bot reports do not result in immediate action. Often they are collected, investigated, and broken before a wave of account closures is issued.

The botting industry is sophisticated and constantly evolving with the financial backing of players who purchase gold from them. So while we may identify a specific bot and take action, they are fairly quick to create updates and then the fight starts over again.

One sure way to combat them? Stop making it profitable. If you see players talking about buying gold, discourage them from doing it. They’re funding botters, and telling the developers of these cheats that there is a market in your communities.

So please continue to report them using the in-game reporting tools. And feel free to forward information to Hacks@Blizzard.com if you find something that might be helpful.

Thank you!

13 Likes