What the heck blizzard do something about this

i thought you were taking a stand on botters ?

Forum Moderator Note: Callout video removed.

1 Like

well…

If you think someone is cheating. report them. Nothing can be done about here as Blizzard doesn’t come here for reports.

BTW, the video you posted is technically a call out and Blizzard doesn’t like that on the forums.

5 Likes

of course its a call out they pat them selves on the back for banning 40,000 botters on classic but allow stuff like this to continue this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this exact thing happening. from the exact sever i will post on Reddit i will make it public on YouTube i will post it on twitch and twitter and i will keep posting it til something gets DONE… this kind of activity is cancerous to the community and shows a HUGE double standard they enforce one set of rules on classic players and an entire different set on Retail

If you are trying to reach the devs and the people that handle these things, they don’t come here (CS Forums) for player reports or feedback. You are yelling at clouds here. If you want the devs to see your concerns, they are best reached at @WarcraftDevs on twitter.

6 Likes

They do, Blizzard will study them, work out how to break the bot, build cases against accounts botting, then unleash a mass ban wave when they are ready.

They are not going to ban any bots on the spot since that will notify the bot makers Blizzard is on to them, once they are ready to break the botters they’ll do so via a mass ban wave like they always have.

4 Likes

Or you could report and get an understanding on how botting investigations are done - hint: They are not banned instantly here and there - why? hint: it alerts the botters to detection, so they make changes to avoid it.

Just report and move on. Simple. You think Blizzard does nothing? Plenty of activity from players receiving account action over the forums - of course, it’s against the forum code of conduct to talk about their account actions - as is calling out players.

9 Likes

Ah the good old “it exists, therefore it’s allowed”. People steal, some thieves are never caught, therefore it’s allowed. It’s a ridiculous fallacy.

So are public callouts. They’re not allowed for a good reason.

There’s no double standard. Exploitative users outnumber WoW staff by a very large margin. It also takes time to gather all the evidence, write the patches, and make sure they have as big an impact as possible. Like all crime, there’s no quick, easy fix.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I would suggest that the OP removes the video from their post as its a call out which go against the COC !

2 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000256989…where? from what i just read that has nothing to do with the coc it says discussing actions that have been taken. nothing has been done and is not in conflict with coc unless im missing something

We actually don’t know if Blizz is taking action or not. Just because nothing has happened yet, doesn’t mean that Blizzard isn’t looking into it and studying them.

And yes, calling out other players on the forums is absolutely against the rules. It’s considered harassment.

2 Likes

now im curious because the legal definition of harassments is harassment . (either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. Now by the legal definition thats not correct whats the difference. also can you link me to that or direct me to that part of coc

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

In the end some of the accounts could be from being hacked, which is a common thing. Hackers don’t exploit these accounts to just spread spam and shard your purplez. So posting pictures or videos is ultimately not allowed.

Simply put, the forums are not a means to report, nor are they a contact point for the hacks team, which would be either by right click reporting in game, or via email@ hacks@blizzard.com , thought right clicking includes a ton of information needed by the investigation team.

6 Likes

This is not a court of law.

6 Likes

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
  • Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

Here is the link the full COC …https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000256989

3 Likes

does that mean the word “harassment” is not based in the definition of the word in blizzards eyes??? that last comment really confused me and felt border line disrespectfully especially coming from an mvp i personally would wait for a rep to say things like that rather then an “MVP” because your speaking on blizzards behalf even in what you just linked it states clearly “Repeatedly”

Calling out players is not allowed because if it were, anyone could make any fanciful claim they wanted about another player. Truth not required.

In an age of photoshop and free video editing tools, videos prove nothing. Even I have captured short video clips from the game and edited them into a short story, and I am just a geezer with time on his hands, others are actually skilled.

If you want to attach the video to an email reporting the exploit sent to hacks@blizzard.com, they will look at it, but primarily use it to get information to narrow down their search for log data supporting your report.

Meanwhile, posting it on a Blizzard public forum is merely slander and a violation of the forum ToU that can get you a forum vacation as has happened to other people who called out players in the past.

Otherwise, there’s nothing to prevent the target of your post claiming you were after him because he rejected your sexual advances and also provide a video in support of their contention.

9 Likes

thats what i want to see i asked and all i got was disrespect from an mvp where is it written

1. An MVP isn’t a worker for Blizzard.
  2. An MVP is a player who’s picked by Blizz because they’re helpful.
  3. Not agreeing with what’s shown to you isn’t disrespect.
8 Likes

no the court of law thing really annoyed me hes suppose to be better then that and does not speak for blizzard and should not