What is "Fresh"?

Despite these Servers being…well…“fresh”, what else does it mean?

• How long should the duration last, for these servers, before they “fresh”, again?
  • Can you transfer a character from one “fresh” server to another “fresh” server?
  • No progressed characters from Blizz’s Progressed (whether it’s BC, Wrath, Cata, etc.) and/or Perma Classic Era type (via Classic, BC, Wrath, etc.) Servers allowed?
  • When Blizz “wipes” these “fresh” servers to re-fresh, again, what happens to all of the characters that have progressed on these servers? Do they now get to be archived onto the Progressed and/or Classic Era type Servers? Or, they’re just wiped and that’s it?

What is “fresh”?

EDIT: More Questions!

• What’s the difference between “fresh” and “seasonal”?
  • When “fresh” becomes the “garbage” stagnated servers, just have Blizz create more “fresh” Servers, over and over, again?
  • Will “fresh” allow features like Level Boosts (pertaining to BC), LFD (pertaining to Wrath Servers, when they come), LFR (for when Cata arrives), etc.? Or, they are featureless?
  • Will “fresh” allow for “at level” characters to play through content? Like 58s for BC, 68s for Wrath, 78s for Cata, etc., or everybody starts at level 1?

EDIT 2: Answered Questions.

• When Blizz “wipes” these “fresh” servers to re-fresh, again, what happens to all of the characters that have progressed on these servers? Do they now get to be archived onto the Progressed and/or Classic Era type Servers? Or, they’re just wiped and that’s it?

Bonuses!

1 Like

poop can be fresh which isn’t good while jerky tastes great when it has been aged. You can try and nibble on both to see what you prefer.

1 Like

I do want to say, if “fresh” comes out, I hope it’s the latter.

Can I ask you why?

Why I want progressed characters on “fresh” to be wiped?

Because (to me) if you want saved progress, that’s what the Progressed Servers and Classic Era type Servers are for. And “fresh” isn’t about saving progress but to be “fresh”.

The people who want fresh do not have any logistical plans for how fresh would work and from what I can tell they want them for the wrong reasons, even thinking about how blizzard would pull it off gives me quite a headache. There was a poll sent by blizzard by email concerning fresh servers which they seem to have decided against, presumably for reasons of lack of interest?

1 Like

I don’t think Blizz is against it. I don’t think it’s of their biggest concern nor priority, at this time. I do see a possible future where “fresh” will exist.

I think it could exist but my brain can’t quite figure out how it could be pulled off without it being a total mess, maybe a realm with faction balance is a good start, but figuring out if “fresh” means it never continues is a hard one

Uhh. The “fresh” servers could probably xfer between themselves, same with battlegrounds/arenas. After a set amount of time, a phase or two, they would merge back with the main server population and become normal servers. The hype in fresh comes from the initial 4-6 months where everyone is leveling and the world is alive and populated. So even if everything is undone after this initital phase, to most of us that will be more than enough.

1 Like

They are making 60+ characters. Once they hit 60 they reset to 1 and the mobs do one point extra damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMNlm7khYwA

So, the Saved Progress section (i.e. the Progression Servers and Classic Era Type Servers) is for “fresh” to just dump their progress on? :roll_eyes:

So after 6 months the servers would possibly merge into like Herod or something? or they’d have a label that just says “fresh” that would be removed after so long and after that they’d be treated as ‘normal’ ? I think that would probably lead to a lot of dead “normal” ex-fresh listed servers, but it isn’t the worst idea

2 Likes

No, they wouldn’t merge the servers. They would cease to be regarded as special “fresh” servers and become normal progression servers.

Though what do i know, this just seems like the most intuitive ways to go about this, logistically.

OK, right now, we have options to select from the Standard Game and/or Classic. In the future, we’ll have the Standard Game, Progression Server (in this case, BC) and Classic Era Type Server (in this case, Classic). With the implementation of “fresh”, I’m assuming it’s its own category like the Standard Game, BC, Classic, etc. Those “fresh” Servers, when they “stale out”, is it its own label? Or, is it going to be lumped in (IMO dumped) with the Classic Era Type Server it belongs to and continue to “stale out”?

And, I disagree with saving and/or preserving “fresh”, when they “stale out”.

It probably wouldn’t have it’s own tab like Classic Vanilla or TBC. It would be a label beside the server exactly like “PvP”, “Normal”, “RPPvP”, etc.

Edit: So it would be like “FrPvP” or something like that. Spitballing here.

The problem is with them being their own servers is that they are mainly going to be packed full of people who love that fresh leveling experience, but if a new fresh came along those players would go to it, rather than continue their ‘normal’ server, which would lead to a ghost town. I don’t know how to fix that really. Free realm transfers to those chars somewhere else?

Best bet would be for them to turn into “Expansion Era” servers when the time comes for the progression servers to advance to the next expansion.

I think Blizzard is going to learn with Classic Vanilla Era servers that they should of consolidated them rather then making a mirror of each one.

Oh, OK. My problem with that, though is somebody made a fair argument about “fresh” allows for phases to re-play, again. Just let them “re-play”, that way? I’m not a designer nor sure how it all works, if that’s possible to do (maybe, IDK) while the rest of the Servers that are not “fresh” already progressed through all of the phases.

IK LOL

That’s a Slippery Slope. Even then, that’s why I don’t want any of the Saved Progress to be saved, after the “fresh” refreshes. And, why I (also) said, that it being its “own thing” and saving the progress is a “thing”, that the “stale servers” are just being used to dump “saved progress” on, if “fresh” allows for “saved progress”.

So, if we’re going for “fresh”, then it should 100% be “fresh” and wiped, as it continues to “re-fresh” itself.