What happened to the dev teams that were so strongly against RDF?

This is probably one of the first things we agree on.

Some people said that, yes. Not everyone though.

No one can really answer that because we don’t have an open invitation to their dev meetings and they don’t make those discussions public. RDF is a different animal and whatever their reasons were they aren’t sharing. We’ll get some half truth PR later down the road.

It could be they actually never intended to put it in and simply changed their minds for whatever reason. If thats the case we can only speculate as to what those reasons are but we’ll never really know.

Huh… so Glenda was Delimicus all along.

They deserve to be attacked. They’ve handled this whole situation about as poorly as possible. No communication, no discussion on the topic. Lied about why they removed rdf. And when it’s finally announced…they hide it in a video about Hardcore. With Aggrend ‘The Guardian of Classic’ immediately saying, “But we’re not saying anything more about it.”

So how are we supposed to react? “Thanks, Blizz. You guys rock!!” What message does that send? That they can spit in our faces, lie to use and string players along for a year and we’re grateful?

But what does criticizing them and the manner in which they announced this accomplish? That they’ll retreat even further away, interact even less (if that’s possible). Is that our fault? How can we then complain about lack of communication when they’re attacked anytime they speak to the players? It’s kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

At the end of the day, they’re supposedly the professionals. They’re here to do a job and provide a service. They go on and on about “We want the players to guide the future of Classic.” Don’t say stuff like that and then not follow up on it. Because the Classic Team clearly don’t care what we think or what we want. And I don’t say that because ‘Oh, just because they don’t agree with me on this particularly topic, doesn’t mean they’re not listening to the players.’ RDF is the most one-sided argument I’ve ever seen in the history of WoW. Even more so than when Blizz removed flying.

As you know I was anti-rdf in the past. I made a handful of posts about it. Only a couple, and you know why there weren’t more? Because they gained no traction. Because I was in the minority. I shut up when it became obvious most people didn’t agree with me. I’m perfectly fine accepting when my opinion isn’t popular and I don’t push it. In regards to RDF as I thought about it more and it become obvious the VAST majority of players wanted it in Wrath I got more and more vocal about it. I feel empowered when there’s a huge demand for something. Not that ‘majority rules’ is necessarily a great way make design decisions. However, on this particular topic that just happened to coincide with authentic Wrath, which I’m all about.

And Blizz gave a giant middle finger to those majority of players. Players who simply wanted to play Wrath again. Who wanted a system that was in Wrath in Wrath Classic. A system that would have provided a means to avoid the toxic, gatekeeping mess that existed because of its removal. And for what? To appeal to whom? Not for purists like myself. So I assume a combination of laziness and incompetence, and to serve their own egos. Which I’m more certain of now given the fashion in which they finally announced rdf.

Long story short: the Classic team are a bunch of arrogant clowns who resent the fact the playerbase opposed how they’re running this project. I think they should be more than criticized. They should be kicked to the curb and replaced by people who actually care about the game and the players.

12 Likes

But I did do it. In the original.

And unlike you I put up and actually linked my toon from back then, something you have yet to do despite claims of playing back then.

Go figure?

WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU ASKING ME TO LINK YOU CRAP FROM THEN THEN?

2 Likes

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/troll

I don’t think he’s smart enough for that to be quite honest.

Hmm. To paraphrase Spinal Tap…‘It’s such a fine line between stupid and trolling.’

1 Like

in all fairness on this, this meeting was not set up to talk about Wrath, but about Hardcore Classic, and there seemed to be some concern that the meeting would go off-topic after that. So that could have been part of what looked like an annoyance.

Now do I think the announcement should have been via a nice long blue post instead of via something where the topic didn’t really belong, or even have it announced on a Wrath roundtable that they set up just for a “special announcement”? Absolutely. That would have been way better.

4 Likes

I was talking about your Classic Wrath toon this time. I said link it when it has done lots of the RDF stuff. I got my Looking For More 12/10/2009, Looking for More 12/14/2009 and my Looking for Many 12/21/2009. And Northrend Dungeon Hero 12/10/2009

What you’re saying is true provided that you believe everyone on the forum except you are all actually THE SAME PERSON WHO KEEPS CHANGING THEIR MINDS.

Buf if you consider that the forum consists of several thousand users, all with different opinions, and that you’re combining all these opinions and speaking to us as if they’re all the same person who is changing their mind…Then sure…What you’re saying makes sense.

In reality though, I am concerned for you.

Most people said that.

Because its illogical. If someone is going to defend these decisions that Blizzard was making they should be able to explain it. They never could so they would just ignore it because its detrimental to their point of view.

You want me to link my classic toon… when classic doesn’t have an armory system where you can look it up at all?

I swear you don’t know what you’re saying ever. You’re just a fever dream of some creature somewhere who randomly manage to hit the keyboard in ways that form words in a random string after one another.

And then you go on about the original Wrath, which was the toon I linked that has that achievement.

A little slower than yours cause I did a bunch of early runs with a semi-premade and the achievement is about doing it with strangers.

You’re all over the place asking for my classic toon but your proof being your retail toon that you refuse to link. Literally nothing you say makes any sense.

1 Like

What is there to talk about? If you die its perma. Extremely punishing that isnt really going to last long.

They also know these questions beforehand. 100%. Especially after the Diablo Immortal questions. Unless someone just decided to change their question (like people did with diablo immortal) and this was supposed to be about Hardcore, she could have said “we arent answering those questions at the moment and this is about Classic Hardcore” and moved on.

No, I actually dont.

No you clearly dont.

This proves you do not know what bis is.

I told you to post something else, then I said it again. And again. You still didn’t understand. Its not me who’s struggling here.

To describe yourself?

This is what I asked for.

Then I said this

Then again I said this…

I on multiple occasions made it very clear that I want you to link your CLASSIC toon AFTER it has done RDF. …To prove that you are actually are what you say you are about.’

Never once, not ever did I request you to link your retail toon that has already done it.

So why did I not click the link? You people keep saying because I am too dumb and stupid to click it. But it is YOU who cant even comprehend what I have said to you. I said link a CLASSIC toon that has done all the RDF once it is possible to do so.

I never once said anything about retail. Saying Im not smart. Lol. Alrighty then. I think we proved who is and who isnt here.

It’s coming out in a few days and there are quite a few people who do care about hardcore and they have more questions. Your opinion of hardcore is irrelevant. Different people care about different things.

This part I agree on. RDF did deserve its own special “happier” announcement. For what it’s worth I’ve hated the way they announced other things myself. So I get it.

1 Like

You told me to post the impossible.

There’s no armory for classic.

You wouldn’t be able to check my RDF progress on my classic toon either way.

And then you proved your point by blurting out dates from the original.

It’s really really really really really really stupid.

You and I both know there are websites out there that let you do it. For someone who has the curse of being a legend in their own mind, you sure have a really sly way of never linking anything that can help to prove your claims.

I honestly have no idea, feel free to link it to me.

I linked my OG toon, something you promised to do.

Projecting much?

1 Like