What Feature of DF are you most excite for? Mount Giveaway Over!

Disclaimer: To those just seeing this now and didn’t participate in the raffle I will recap what happened. I hosted a mount weekend giveaway. I hosted this 100% on on my own and out of my own pocket. Why did I do this? For fun and to generate positive community involvement. I gave away a FREE Blizz store mounts to one random winner.

Original Post

What is your favorite Feature of Dragonflight? Also Please state Why?

Winner gets a Blizzstore mount of a 25$ value of THEIR CHOICE. A person will be selected at random at 09:59am EST on Saturday November 19th. Any valid thread response will be your entry. Please remember that I’m trying to create a Positive Community involvement thread. So trolling and other Toixc post will not only be ignored they will disqualify you. There’s enough negative threads out there we don’t need to turn this into one. So please post those dark edgy replies elsewhere.

I will Quote the winner’s post so he/she will easily know they won. The winner must at that time Quote my reply within 24 hours . You can choose your store mount at this time. We will then set up a time to meet in game.

Congratulations again to Oaklei who won

This is a legit giveaway here are links to the first 2 out of 6 I did.

10 Likes

The FOMO / Welfare mounts they gave out to people for watching Twitch cringelords. That’s a feature right?

Big fan of the massive load of customizations available to Drac’thyr. Hopefully other races see similar scale of options soon.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think I’m most excited for the bigger zone designs. Nothing better than to really glide around and hide somewhere in some great peaceful area and chill. Then venture out and feel like there is a big world for your character to explore.

3 Likes

My favorite feature has already happened! It’s the ability to create ten more characters on the account!

2 Likes

Honestly? I’m looking forward to more Titan architecture. I love Titan architecture. Not a huge fan of Brann Bronzebeard or his Pandaren fursona Lorewalker Cho, but we do have an awful lot in common.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the end of the expansion already.

4 Likes

Same tbh. The theme really doesn’t resonate with me. Feels random and completely disconnected

1 Like

Return of wPvP hubs.

It’s gonna be a bloodbath.

3 Likes

My favorite feature of Dragonflight is that Tuskars are making a reappearance. As for why, I like Tuskars a lot and will enjoy seeing them again.

3 Likes

Same was nice seeing one at the start of the Cinematic

I’m going to bump This Thread first thing in the morning once every day until it ends

my favorite part is, i watched a streamer for the kite pet and realized while watching the stream, i dont want to buy the xpac so I saved myself 90 bucks!

I’ll never understand comments like this I mean what exactly are you hoping to achieve? I mean is it a narcissist thing to wear if you get enough likes you feel better about yourself? I’m not trying to be mean I am trying to understand your course of action because it defies logic

1 Like

For me it’s the talent options and ease of access to them. Swapping to a more aoe play style, ST, PvP spec anywhere is just fluid … once you put aside 5-10 minutes for each spec to understand them better.

2 Likes

I was being silly, i didnt know your rules didnt allow for silliness. Sorry!

1 Like

Oh being silly is one thing but you have to understand how most people in general discussion nowadays are actually being serious when they say stuff like this . So its very easy for someone to take your comment the completely wrong way as if you were going for Edge Lord title or something :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yeah why would i spend those hours watching a streamer if i wasnt remotely interested in the game. Are you kidding playing as a dragon race has always been my dream, closest I got to that was playing an Iskar monk in EQ!!

1 Like

Honestly, Dracthyr - which, I suppose I got early thanks to pre-patch, but it’s still what I consider my favorite feature of DF!

Some backstory: I have avoided trying WoW all these years primarily due to the art style. I just wasn’t a fan of the cartoony style at all, and my one attempt at trying the free trial back some years ago didn’t leave a strong impression on me, so I just never thought about it until I quit a prior MMO I had been playing for 10 years.

For a while, I went to ESO - but most of my friends were either still playing that other MMO, or went back to WoW, so I was mostly playing ESO on my own. I dearly love the game and TES lore, but a friend would always be talking to me about stuff they were getting up to in Classic, or the new things coming in DF, and generally giving me both positives and negatives of the experience. Perhaps out of boredom, or some curiosity, or who knows, I went and looked up Dracthyr character creation… and absolutely fell in love!

Dracthyr seemed to address a lot of issues I had with character design (primarily for elves, really), and they just looked good. Lots of customization, a way to shift forms, the works. And I found myself wanting to play one, despite my hesitation with WoW and remembering I wasn’t… well, wow’d ( :dracthyr_a1: :dracthyr_a2: ) when I did the free trial waaaay back.

So, I did it. I reinstalled and started the free trial as a Demonologist Warlock… and had fun? I had fun! The class felt really good to play, the world was huge, and I found a ton of extra things to do besides questing and reading (which, to be fair, I also like to do). I was honestly a little blown away by just… the sense of adventure I got. A sense of adventure that was what hooked me to ESO, and what I was severely lacking from my past 10yr MMO commitment. It was something I played games for; that sense of wonder at seeing new places, the excitement of discovering secrets and vistas and enemies, the simplistic monkey brain enjoyment of doing professions and fishing at random and getting that little jolt of “ooo, materials!” when seeing a gathering node out on your adventures.

I was still a bit eh about the art style - still am, really. But it’s grown on me, and the game underneath it is, at its core, a fun adventuring RPG experience. There’s so many little things that just make WoW for me, despite all of Blizzard’s… less than stellar choices, and all the systemscraft that bogs it down at times.

But yes, long-winded storytime aside, Dracthyr were what got me here, and now I get to play around with them at long last! While having fell in love with my other two mains in the process. So while I may have got my favorite feature early, I still look forward to the rest of DF, and all the future years I will hopefully spend here!

(Also thank you for doing this giveaway, it’s quite sweet and thoughtful!) :dracthyr_love_animated:

2 Likes

Looking forward to a new leveling zone plus that feeling when a new expansion is out and everyone is social. I returned to the game a few weeks ago and ive never had more fun. Im excited to get into mythic or more group oriented content for the first time.

1 Like