What does it take to get a bot banned?

About 5 weeks ago I ran into 5 druids behaving strangely off the coast Shadowprey Village. The druids swimming around and opening traps and they would swim back to the same position and wait. Instantly they would swim to the trap and open it again when it respawned. I reported them added them to my friend’s list and moved on. 5 weeks later the same 5 druids have been on nearly 24/7 doing the same thing. They have not leveled, they are still not in a guild. I figure out they are doing the “Fish in a Bucket” repeatable quest and getting 55 silver every time they complete it. Each one is probably pulling in 20-30 gold an hour. They have literally made 60k gold in 5 weeks of 24/7 bot farming. How can this not be detected at blizzard, it took me about 2 minutes to figure out what they were doing.

Horde should do a /who Descolace and look for a group of unguided druids (39-45) that are there 2/24. I cant imagine Smolderweb is the only place this exploit is going on.

1 Like

You need to possess a PhD in Automated Gameplay Dynamics and DNA evidence to persuade Blizzard that an obvious bot is an obvious bot. In six months, they might do something.

13 Likes

Blizzard did not have a human GM at your exact place at that exact time. That isn’t surprising - there are about 800,000 players. Blizzard does not have 800,000 GMs.

Blizzard bans thousands of bots each month. But many of them come back on different accounts, which aren’t yet banned. They even farm the same places. Blizzard cannot eliminate all botting.

What does it take to get YOUR SPECIFIC bot banned? A custom game, where you pay $700 per month to have instant human service. You can’t get that for $15 per month. You can’t get personalized service for you, at that price.

All you get is “my reported bot goes into the pool of thousands of other bot reports”. Each one has to be reviewed by a GM. Eventually they might find your bot, when it is actually botting, verify that you are right and ban it.

But first they will make sure it isn’t a player or multiboxer that just seems like they are botting. A lot of bot reports are incorrect.

1 Like

Report them as cheating, with Right click to report.

Just keep it short as what your thinking is happening and make sure your report all 5, it’s important to get them all.

1 Like

Yea bots are everywhere. There is an alliance warrior on Atiesh alliance side that is obviously botting. He does nothing but kill mobs. His movements are very robotic as if a computer program controlled the character. I saw him in various places doing the exact same thing. Doesn’t reply to whispers, keeps killing the mob even if I tag it before his attacks do. I reported him but doubtful anything will happen.

What he said, but details are more useful than speculation. Server, server time, what they were doing, and location.

I reported a level 20 fishing bot… deep in a level 50 zone. Blizzard sent an in game mail telling me action had been taken from my report. I know it was him, only one I had reported in quite a while.

So Blizzard does investigate and action valid reports.

1 Like

you would think this info is embedded in the report.

1 Like

You absolutely can get this for 15 a month. It was before and still incredibly profitable. Back around the Bliz Activision merge, according to shareholder documents, WoW subs each had about $0.75/month costs and the rest was pure profit.

Technology has since dramatically advanced, making that cost likely 1/4 of what it was back then.

Blizzard is fleecing people by not investing in proper support.

2 Likes

This is 100% the case. Stop making excuses for Activision’s garbage handling of Classic, Zevri.

2 Likes

Blizzards had made billions of dollars off this game. It shouldn’t 5 week to ban cheaters that farm 24/7 even after multiple reports.

3 Likes

I have at least 10 hunter herb/mob grind bots that i’ve been reporting since phase 1.

Whenever i lookup black lotus sellers on the AH i see their names occasionally.

Since it’s been 12 months i’m assuming Blizzard has given them at least one 6 month bans and they just come back and bot again.

Could be explained by this:

except they wouldn’t still be on my friends list if it was a new character with the same name and the bots on my friends list would have names like PlayerXACVB

1 Like

9 months to a year

1 Like

There’s only one way to eliminate bots, convince your fellow players to never buy gold. Doesn’t matter how many gets banned, as long as the companies behind can make a profit there will be bots.

I’ve stopped reporting bots. Never seen them taken action against and it takes too much work to right click and type in a ticket that will never be read

1 Like

bots pay 15$ a month too, most of them pay more because they multibox

It’s pretty toxic that you would try and deprive them of something they bought fair and square with their hard earned money.

If you report the bots, they ban them.

They do some, the bots i mentioned above have been going strong . Still lvl 43 been online nearly 24/7 for 7 weeks. The four combined and have probably farmed 100k + gold now. I’ve reported them several times and no actions in 7 weeks!