What do we want? High Elves!

/dies

SKÖl!
MANY :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

I dont see any physical differences.

You do realize someone else on the pro side was claiming that High Elves and Blood elves are two seperate races? The only thing seperating them are political beliefs. I doubt you were here for that tho.

She is though…yet her new direction as a rendorei takes priority.

I’m going to be honest, rather than starting this again I’m going to watch an episode of Would I Lie to You and go to bed.

2 Likes

The question wasn’t if she identifies as being a Void Elf, because she does – the question was if she is actually a Void Elf, as in having experienced the same physiological changes that Umbric’s group did.

It’s my contention that she is, anatomically speaking, a High Elf. Others suppose that because she has unique powers that other High Elves don’t have, this means she is a different species. The latter position isn’t supported by much of anything, objectively, and also serves to make a mockery of some of the existing lore points throughout the game.

Most relevant to this thread, though, if it were true that a profound use of a new magic justified being designated as a new species, wouldn’t it be appropriate to imply that Blood Elves became a completely distinct race from High Elves the moment they became inundated by the Fel?

Next you’re going to be telling me that I’m not a Night Elf, but something new and special, because I’ve got DK vocal reverb. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

EXACTLY!
Because its NOT a race thing or, at least it shouldn’t be!
The old faction war needs to GO; Blizzard seems to be doing this.
We, as the players, need FAR more choice in this game, as to our characters, then we have had.
My other concerns have ben posted and often. Scroll up or go browsing in the archives of my collected works. No fee.
Skäl.
:beer:

Why is it a mockery to postulize that she is indeed a new species? Why would she bother the moniker of rednorei leader if in fact she did not identify as one of her people?

Not to the same extent no. Yet she has vpid corruption in her voice, has the void in her mind, and has a void form.

So on some level, she has to be.

But thats class based. Thats not the same thing, so why try to do this gotcha when its easily pushed back?

And if you think about isnt undead humans literally a different race than regular humans in game?

Alright, back to talk a bit more.

No. Shadow Priests do not experience the Void in the way Void Elves do. A shadow priest taps into void powers, they are not constantly bombarded by them. They also can succumb to madness (literally a skill they have that kills them) whereas void elves do not.

That’s the point of Void Elves. They are essentially shadow priests who have pushed the limit and weren’t broken.

Granted, there is some blurring of lore in regards to shadow priest void elves, but I boil that down to gameplay. Technically every void elf is a shadow priest.

Alleria is a Void Elf, she is different from the player characters, but that makes her no less a void elf. It sets a precedent in a way, that the only real qualification for being a void elf is being a master over a void entity? presence? that is imbued within yourself.

There could be Void Humans too, for all I know, or it could be that only elves have the mental capabilities to withstand the sheer force of the Void. We don’t know, all we know is that we currently have Void Elves.

1 Like

Factions are staying, but faction war is gone until the next one.

Customization, yes.

On mobile, so i would enjoy a brief summary.

I find this deeply offensive to my culture.

2 Likes

What about all those dead broken void orcs in Shadowmoon Valley

Did you see this one linked off the Megathread?

They weren’t Shadowmoon, they were losers.

You have just had an Alliance King parade into Orgrimmar and deliver a final soliloquy over a dead Horde hero; all in subsequence to your (now erstwhile) Warchief revealing her true colors by cheating in Mak’Gora.
I’d say you have plenty more to be offended about.
Skäl.
:beer:

1 Like

It was a slap in the face that the nightborne wasn’t alliance. That would’ve been good enough for me as it’s closer to what I envision as a true high elf. The void elves is a dumb idea for an alliance allied race. Really dumb.

And that’s helfer bingo folks.

5 Likes

You’re fundamentally misunderstanding the difference between racial terminology and cultural or political terminology.

The same reason Sylvanas identified as being Forsaken, despite not actually being of the same make or model as 99.99% of the people she led – and, more importantly, being completely unalike 100% of the playable variety of Undead.

This, virtually none of this, is indicative of the fact that she is biologically changed at all – the majority of the species on Azeroth have been shown to have peculiarities stemming from their preferred type of magic, that aren’t biological at all.

Does the fact that a Tauren Shaman can briefly turn into a ghost wolf imply that Tauren Shaman are a separate species from other Tauren?

Does the fact that a Night Elf Druid can briefly turn into a bear imply that Night Elf Druids are a separate species from other Night Elves?

It’s silly, it’s absurd, and it’s currently neither implied nor provable.

The word “race” is synonymous with “breed” or “type”, so yes – they’re not, however, a new species. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t speak Orcish. What are you trying to say.