"We're always open to feedback, but I doubt we'll change our mind on automatic dungeon finder."

We’re always open to feedback, but I doubt we’ll change our mind on automatic dungeon finder. I know its contentious, but there are enough people cheering that I think we’re making the right call.
We want players who don’t want it to have a place where they can play without it.

– Brian Brimingham, Classic WoW Dev Team @Twitter on Apr 19, 2022.

I want to focus on this very specific statement made here:

I know its contentious, but there are enough people cheering that I think we’re making the right call.

I decided to do some investigation on the term “RDF” and “Dungeon Finder” on Google trends and dated it all the way back to January 1st, 2022 to that tweet that he made.

On YouTube alone there are over 2,000 videos made during this time all in support of RDF/Dungeon Finder.

On our r/Classicwow subreddit there have been over 150 posts supporting RDF and slamming Blizzard for removing it.

Even on the old TBC Classic forums there were 200+ posts made, some with over 500 likes all in support of RDF.

So this begs the question:

Why is the Classic WoW Dev Team listening to the minority of trolls who are claiming RDF is not needed in WoTLK?

We not only have overwhelming evidence showing that there is in fact no major support for anti-RDF and we also have proof that people are willing to unsubscribe and leave over this which only seems to embolden the trolls.

You are actively destroying your game and community by not recreating the authentic Wrath of Lich King experience and instead trying to give us a half baked Retail type product.

Stop with the games and bring back RDF.

163 Likes

some with over 500 likes

This is false and anyone that has followed you guys’ discord coordinated campaign is aware of it.

Every pro RDF thread struggles to break 70 likes and never breaks 100 - plus its often the same 30-40 characters liking all of them. Unless you have a DIY botnet to artificially inflate your cause’s popularity…no.

23 Likes

Wrong, every anti-RDF thread can be proven to be falsified by trolls liking their own posts. The RDF guy was doing it for well over a month.

You have no major support from any YouTuber/Streamer OR Forum, you are the literal minority.

52 Likes

That is an interesting question.
I think the removal of Dungeon Finder is a push from someone within the Dev team that is strong with a “Vanilla” philosophy but inconsistent with recent decisions as allowing players to queue BG from anywhere.

It is stupid to remain stubborn like this when everything and everyone is telling you to not go forward with this wrong decision. But I guess the people in charge don’t really care anyway…

45 Likes

We don’t really create alts to post about it, like you.

34 Likes

Pride usually comes before the fall, I don’t expect anyone that wants a truly authentic WoTLK experience from 2008 is going to enjoy their game with a retail LFG system that barely functions and with dungeons nerfed along with a host of changes no one asked for.

13 Likes

5 was the number they were looking for.

17 Likes

Go find me a single YouTuber or Streamer or big post on any social network that supports anti-RDF.

You can maybe scrape together 1 or 2 sources when I can link you to thousands that’s pro-RDF.

13 Likes

I guess they lack the required humbleness for the position they’re occupying.

4 Likes

You have another thread, where you admit that you’re not even going to be playing classic, when dragonlands drops. What do you care?

3 Likes

Opinion discarded.

9 Likes

I still love Classic, I hate to see it get ruined and I would happily play if it actually stayed true to it’s source material which is the entire point of Classic.

You don’t have an opinion in the first place.

14 Likes

Yeah man gotta get a youtuber or streamer to agree with you if you want something

lol this guy

16 Likes

Cool dude, that’s only one part of what I said. Read the rest, there are many forums and sites that are pro-RDF.

Virtually no one supports anti-RDF besides a small minority of trolls.

18 Likes

Any argument that relies on calling 1 side “trolls” is automatically dismissed due to lack of credibility. “I want this thing and everyone who disagrees with me is just trying to troll” is a terrible way to start this thread and you should be ashamed.

11 Likes

Ok show me proof of a big website or forum that supports anti-RDF, i’ll wait :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Going to press X. Your post history is just an endless sea of demanding that the game be changed to suit your retail tastes.

I’m sorry, it’s never going to happen. RDF was shot down, hard. Outside of click bait artists on YouTube, and enraged forum alts on here, it’s a well liked change. The majority approved, and sometimes you just have to accept when a game isn’t for you.

9 Likes

Every single thing I suggested is literally what happened in the original game, kinda seems like you don’t even care about Classic.

Actually sounds like you’re hardcore projecting lmao, virtually everything you said about me is not only false but applies directly to you.

2 Likes

My opinion is that you can’t read and just cherry pick arguments because you yourself have no critical thinking skills.

Show me one website or publication that supports anti-RDF.

Every anti-RDF post gets downvoted and removed or flagged and removed or heavily disliked on YouTube.

Being a contrarian is not a personality, sweetheart. It just comes off as incredibly ignorant. At least research a bit about your argument before insulting other people over it.

14 Likes

A nobody making nobody arguments on an alt, cute. Every one of my friends wanted RDF. I have friends who aren’t going to play if it’s not in WOTLK. I have yet to talk to a SINGLE friend, of which I have many that played since vanilla, who think NOT having RDF is good in any way, shape, or form.

The closest you’re going to get is that they’re ambivalent. Nobody actually doesn’t want RDF.

15 Likes