We want RDF. And while you're at it, give us also WoW Token

oh go blow smoke up someone elses tailpipe, you were near the conversation not in it. sethyl is a known troll. get a life.

i refuse to listen because toxicity is prevalent in the anti rdf crowd, not that it doesnt exist in pro rdf side, but anti rdf view it as a viable profession. RDF was NOT a horrible addition to wrath, it helped maintain sub numbers, it created long lasting guilds and friendships for people who werent “allowed” to run with the sweaty no life basement dwellers with spreadsheets of gear and dps requirements. Rdf gave all players an opportunity and was all inclusive. yet here you folks are screaming to segregate players, to keep a chunk of the player base from being included in the game.

and dont try and sell me on social interaction as the only social interaction in LFG group channels are full of gender politics, racism, smack talk, and general garbage that no sensible human being needs to be a part of.

i want original wrath, i want to relive my great experiencs in the absolute best expansion that wow ever offerred. ive played wow vanilla, ive played wow tbc and tbcc. ive played original wrath and cata and mop, even returned for a bit during legion. wrath didnt kill warcraft, cata began the descent into garbage retail.

my experience was and will be far better socially and game wise WITH RDF than it will ever be without. you gatekeepers have GOT to understand we are onto you, you can still form your groups, you can still march your little people down to the dungeons, you can still kick people out of your manually formed groups, and you can spend hours telling people their class sucks, they dont belong, they dont get to run with you… you just dont get to do it to everyone anymore if rdf gets put in.

and THATS the ONLY reason you folks are anti rdf… it makes you feel less validated by not being able to snub the masses and tell them they suck more than you do.

7 Likes

GDKPs would be absolutely (more) cancer if WoW token was a thing in classic.

1 Like

im all for RDF, but im very ANTI wow token

2 Likes

#BringBackConduits. Dont question it, just do it.

There is not really a nice way to say this, here is my attempt…

ROFL, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen typed.

RDF created toxicity ? Really ?

While I think some of the motivation for the anti RDF people is keeping the ability to gatekeep, I don’t think it’s the main thing. I think they honestly feel like the system makes players more toxic. FF14 has pretty much the same system, and that community is way nicer than this one. So it’s clearly not the system, it’s the players. They think not having RDF will save us from ourselves. But people are already toxic jerks in the game right now. All this reputation stuff doesn’t seem to mean anywhere near what it used to. Especially on mega servers. Which are the ones most people play on. Classic was non toxic for about the first 4-6 months or so, then it was a reversion to the mean.

My point is, no matter what happens, WoW players are toxic. Having RDF MIGHT make them more toxic, but the bar is already so low IMO, that the upsides of RDF far outweigh the downside of an already toxic community becoming a bit more toxic.

2 Likes

Same

/Pro RDF

6 Likes

I dont care about RDF at all but I would like the token option. It appears really unpopular on the forum but I have 4 characters that all would like fast flying, I would like to move my professions forward and I have about 1000 gold between the 4. I spend little, use quested or dropped gear. The idea of grinding 25,000 gold to do all that is demotivating.

Psssst

Make your own groups.

Problem solved.

Read what you quoted again.

You have a really bad habit of making up words that aren’t what was said.

I said, “Without the system that allowed people to become toxic”.

Did you catch that? ^

If you want to talk about dumb things being typed, maybe you should stop typing them. You’ve done it in two different threads tonight.

When something is a detrimental system, you don’t allow that system to continue. Period. Full stop.

It doesn’t matter what the system is or where it is, what matters is the effect of that system.

In this case, RDF is a system where the worst kinds of players have been allowed to run roughshod over countless numbers of groups with complete anonymity and zero consequences. Blizzard saw an opportunity to nip that in the bud in Wrath and they took it.

Group Finder has been a thorn in the side of this game since its inception (as RDF) and has been complained about over and over again on these forums.

This is Blizzard’s chance, once and for all, to prove whether that assessment is correct or to prove we were all looking in the wrong place. But they can’t do that unless they have a test.

This is the test. I’m pretty sure I know how it will turn out, and I’m hoping at some future point to see the LFG tool they developed for Wrath implemented in Retail as well.

The place for changing the game is retail. WOTLK Classic is not the place for experiments. Wrath is the only Classic I am interested in, removing the defining feature of the expansion is removing the Wrath Classic experience. It is removing me and players like me from the game.

Do you want Classic or not ? It seems like you do not.

Your opinion, which of course you are allowed but I disagree. RDF is perfect in everyway and helped make Wrath the greatest expansion.

You are suggesting people were - are restrained from toxicity because a group was formed manually. You are wrong. The toxicity is in game now, without RDF. Everything you fear about RDF is happening now in game.

I do regret the immaturity of my rofl comment and I apologize for that. However, your comment was ridiculous. All of the behavior you loathe is live on classic, now. I have witnessed everything you claim to abhor happen before I hit level 40 in a manually formed group. No repercussions for the offender.

Injustice exists, cross realm RDF may allow more of it but it also facilitates more positive groups as well.

1 Like

Wow token? Yikes

What a disgusting opinion. Retail garbage at its peak.

op was a wheel mage player

It’s similar, but not the same. Also, not for nothing, but you never see people out in the open world in FFXIV – they all just sit in main towns and run dungeons/raids from there. Sometimes you forget there are thousands of players on a server because you just never see them until you go to the main town for the current expac (or wherever the ERP people hang out).
Also, depending on the patch cycle, DPS queues can be upwards of 30 to 40 minutes. If that were the case for WoW players, they’d go absolutely bananas.

Considering a large chunk of Pro-RDF people are super toxic… I’m not sure this is a bad thing.

I saw people leveling in the open world when I played. But I’m willing to admit that was while everybody was giving it a shot. So I’m sure there were lots of new players.

As for queues for dps being long, we had that the first time too. You know what you do if that’s the case? You do your dailies, or quest, or farm, or even just get up and do something else while you wait for the queue to pop.

And while you’re at it, give us also WoW Token

How about we leave the WoW Token out of WoW and get rid of it from retail?

Sorry, but WoW Token and the cash shop is what is really destroying the game at the biggest. And the WoW token is also what is adding Pay2Win inton the game, although you can’t see it, paying money for gold to use the gold to buy carries is paying to win. It is what is destroying the game.

I agree that RDF should be added in, but keep the WoW Token out of Classic and remove it along with the cash shop out of retail.

Sorry, but Anti or Pro, large amounts of people are toxic. It is equal on either side.

1 Like

Yeah I’m with this lady down with WoW tokens

I disagree with that tho… not my point of view at all.