We traded one spam for another Trade chat is now toxic

When have global chats ever not been filled with ppl? Not counting dead servers… people like to talk, relax bud.

As I said now again, it was dead for a long time due to boosting, I don’t want to go back to the days of trade that we had before boosting.

I never said it was new, all I said was it’s becoming a lot and mass reporting people that is trying to use trade for its proper use. Everyone in trade is salty atm we can’t mass report and silence people just because we can

we all play this game, we all love this game, it is just making it harder on players and the wow team having to deal with the bitterness of all this

I see people are realizing that boosting wasn’t actually banned.

other than the RP window and I guess separate service channel - isn’t that how it works now? the game enables you to block channels and make whispers into a private chat channel - you have a separate tab for the combat log …

there already is a general chat that is community chat - very few people use it

and making a trade window for strictly trade if that could be enforced would just make a completely dead channel. there is reasons why people use the auction house and that is because they don’t want to spend time sitting there and spamming ads on trade.

some of that chat isn’t against the rules though and the other can already be stopped just fine by reporting.

I play on a server where a lot of the spam was eliminated by reporting. Politics and people making snide comments those aren’t against the rules.

Best solution is for people just to get that addon and input - trump or biden or brandon in the filter and you don’t see political talk or whatever other words/topics you find offensive or objectionable. I suspect some of you might as save yourself the time though and just turn off that chat channel because there won’t be anything for you to see.

So…it’s back to normal then?

1 Like

Well thank god they removed all those ads so we can read more incoherent ramblings.

Ironically the carry spam everyone complained about was more in line with what the trade channel is for.

2 Likes

You think that’ll happen though?
The literal LFG tool itself is filled with advertisements for actual RMT sites – and if you hover over them, some have been there for HOURS

Reporting them - only makes them disappear until the next time you log back in too.

1 Like

There needs to be an argument channel. Some people just love to fight with others, about absolutely anything. Those like minded people can stay on that channel and fight all day long, away from me!

It was ALSO this before the ban, but when you take out the static noise you get to hear the rest better.

You heard the lvp spamming body parts is apparently a okay and not disgusting.

Auto squelching has the same effect as a silence until it is overturned which can be days with current ticket time. Stop excusing it.

Good morning. That is not what was said at all. I said it is, in fact, against the rules for both spam and inappropriate language and to right click report it. You got the term “body part spam” from my posts even, I would guess, because using the term people do in chat is not allowed on the forums.

I will save you the trouble of doing your own research and reading.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/abuse-of-the-report-system-for-legit-in-game-sales/1177903/265

I have no idea why you want to pick false fights or attempt to insult people. It really makes no sense.

Have some coffee :coffee: maybe and try to have a good day!

1 Like

Because you constantly defend an idiotic “feature” and claim it isn’t a penalty when it takes days to get the silence overturned

You are insanely disingenuous to the point that I rarely see it outside of politics subs on reddit.

Because squelches basically only happen in response to someone doing something, whether that’s angering enough people to get enough unique reports or actually saying something offensive, or something spammy. The system even warns you about your behavior before a squelch is applied if people are reporting you so you know to alter your behavior to avoid it.

I dare you to post one single sell post in trade right now for gold only for your guild during prime time. You will get squelched it’s absurd.

This part is fairly new so I am not sure some of the forum folks are aware of it yet. The addition of warnings that you are being reported so you can correct yourself is not something we had until recently.

If it is working as the patch notes say, people really should be able to read the notice and stop before any squelch is issued. Seems like a pretty good way to weed out bots too - humans are around to read the warning where as spam bots would not.

I imagine how quick unique reports flow in makes it possible to not see it before it is applied if enough people all hit report within 30s.

Why would I? I’m not interested in selling boosts, never have and never will be. It also seems people are heavily not interested in seeing that right now, so I’m going to refrain from that behavior that would bother other people currently anyways. :3

1 Like

Not since it became Barrens Chat 2.0 in cata

1 Like

So you admit people are getting punished for non spam behavior and are fine with that because you don’t like the content just wanted to be clear.

1 Like