We traded one spam for another Trade chat is now toxic

So we banned boosting in game and now trade chat is nothing but hateful spam, abusive language and politics can we make trade for trading stuff. Why do they not talk about this in the general channel

definition trade is buying and selling in game items not random troll topics

30 Likes

I second this post! Trade chat is worse than it was two days ago, with much more toxicity and less trading.

11 Likes

work the report button then.

45 Likes

Really, they should be in general chat and not on trade .

10 Likes

I don’t know where you’ve been, but this is what trade chat has ALWAYS been. The boosting community ban didn’t change anything.

52 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I much prefer thunderfury spam over booster spam.

68 Likes

Just leave trade it has no value and never has.

9 Likes

lol our trade chat keeps getting houkan advertisers that didn’t get the memo then get laughed at.

Edit: and obv reported

6 Likes

Meet Area 52 they are reporting people in trade that if you try and sell anything….

4 Likes

Even regular items? Like people selling xmog, pets, and armor?

3 Likes

Trolls go where the audience is.

6 Likes

Yes the reporting has to stop, this is not helping at all people is reporting people that isn’t even doing anything wrong

2 Likes

Trade is every city, general is just zone. I wanna talk with as many Horde friends as I can. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Badboy

I don’t see anything

2 Likes

Not that I’ve seen on a few servers so far. It’s only directed at people selling runs of any kind, even if they’re explicitly stating they’re asking for gold and are part of a guild, etc.

Selling items so far (at least on mal’ganis) has escaped the spam report wave.

I get where people are coming from - they’re pretty explicit they don’t care if it’s a guild selling things “legitimately” or if it’s some shady boosting community. They’re fed up with boosting / selling in general.

That said, the “justice b0ners” are out in full force now.

1 Like

Yeah on our server (zul’jin) it’s been pretty clear if it’s a booster community or like a level 10 it gets reported but guilds doing it or something of the sort no one bats an eye for the most part. We get some houkan that try to do stuff and they are laughed at in the chat and right click reported.

Lot of the French speakers are now speaking in the chat too and some guilds are already fighting for advertisement spots but other than that, it’s pretty tame. We had some typical thunderfury and other types of spam that came up but went away usually in like 3 minutes if that.

Edit: we are getting a lot of guild recruits in trade right now. Guilds are taking the time to try and fill rosters etc.

2 Likes

Better to report it all in case they are trying to skirt the new rules and let Blizz sort it out for now, imo. I’m not going to take some persons word they are legit selling runs for only their guild when they are posting in trade as fast as the chat will let them like all the other boost sellers were doing.

1 Like

So it’s back to what it was before the boosting spam?

6 Likes

Funny thing is all it would take is hiring a staff of a few people to monitor trade and just chain suspend people for this behavior to stop it. It’s really bad.

2 Likes

If general chat weren’t zone-restricted, this might be less of an issue, but here we are. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes