We need separate subscription for wow classic!

The OP has to be the dumbest person I’ve seen speaking on the forums today. He doesn’t realize that you don’t have to play BfA to play Classic, or that you don’t even need to install BfA to play Classic.

As dumb as Blizzard writing a “Well duh!” response to their own twist in Diablo 3.

1 Like

You’re paying $15 for the WoW sub, which is exactly what you paid to subscribe back in 2004. This is…not a good comparison.

We’re paying the cost of a Corolla for a Corolla, and you can drive a separate one that’s a different color with a manual transmission if you wish as an addon.

1 Like

I could agree if it were like divided up 5$ a month for classic 10 a month for retail or 15 for both.

And you pay Moore to watch Moore

Again, absolutely no logic flow here.

The corolla is now 15 years old, is no longer brand new, and is no longer actively being upkept. Hence, it doesn’t deserve the same retail price as the modern version of the game.

You’re paying 2019 prices for a 2004 car. This really isn’t that difficult to grasp.

Because I know there’s no way blizzard would do that, I could see $5 for classic only or 15 for retail as normal with classic included. Give an a la carte option for classic only and keep the 15 bundle

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s not. You’re paying one price to play World of Warcraft. The version you choose is up to you.

If we were paying 2019 prices, it wouldn’t be $15 anymore.

1 Like

Actually that’s half wrong. We all pay a sub to retail and classic is just an added feature. That way if anything goes wrong with classic, blizz can just cross their arms and say" it was a free service, sorry."

wow. I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone argue for less of something and not more.

1 Like

ultimate you are wrong

LOL im not trying to speed run the content im having fun playing a game thats 100x better then retail

1 Like

it is retail

I pay a WoW sub (game is WoW when I click games on the launcher) which gives me access to both versions (drop down even says ‘version’ ) of the game : BfA (or legion depending on if you bought the expansion) and Classic.

no its classic stop being a prick. everyone calls classic classic and retail retail

Doesnt matter to me id only ever end up playing 1 sub

I mean, frankly, I wouldn’t really have a problem with that, as long as classic is in fact still included in retail.

That isn’t what OP was asking for. They were asking for it to be a separate sub that would be an addition to the retail sub if you wanted to play both. Which is stupid. Blizz would be the real winner there, and anyone who likes both games would be screwed over.

1 Like

For the record, I wouldn’t be able to play both and I like both so… It would be a loss for some players like me, and in turn hurt my guild. I don’t think it would “fix” anything.

1 Like

It’s not “everyone” the file system in the root directory even lists it classic & retail… huehue.

I believe this to be the case especially based on the OPs replies

OMG, we PAY for World of Warcraft!! Not BFA!

I don’t even understand where you are coming from with this. You say that you believe that making Classic WoW require a separate subscription from Retail would make the community a better place - yet not only do you fail to explain why you feel this way, but you also do not provide any compelling points as to why Classic WoW should have its own subscription model - outside of the fact that you feel like people are using their Retail Subscription to troll classic players and exploit the game - which is a less than cogent argument. Please provide compelling evidence for why you think this would be beneficial for both communities at all.

My arguement for you is that, there is no reason to adapt a separate subscription model for Classic. The way it is set up now works perfectly, and provides a streamlined way to ‘plug and play’ both games under one umbrella without having to set up an additional payment method just to play an outdated version of the same game you are already paying for.

Your proposed change to give Classic WoW a separate subscription model could only be measured as an inconvenience and a detriment. Requiring a separate, additional payment would do nothing to improve any facet of the game or its community. An additional X dollars paywall won’t do anything to keep these particular players that you mentioned from playing the game. If anything, requiring an additional subscription to play Classic would be a detriment to the game. If you weren’ t a fan of Blizzard before, imagine the backlash they would face if they actually required a separate subscription for Classic. People would go absolutely ballistic and call foul.

Another point you forget is that Classic WoW isn’t going to be receiving support for much longer. Right now Blizzard still has the guard rails up just to stem the insane tide of all the players bombarding Classic WoW in order to experience nostalgia, but they wont last forever. Pretty soon they’ll take the training wheels off and drop phases as planned, and outside of that, Classic WoW will very much be in a “maintenance mode” similar to how Diablo III is being maintained.

As for me, I already bought the boxed version of Vanilla WoW back in 2005. I pay my subscription like everyone else. Classic WoW isn’t a new product, its not even a product that’s going to be actively maintained and iterated upon outside of the Phased Content plan. Due to this, I see no reason to pay an additional fee for this game, nor do I see how having to pay an additional fee would do anything to improve the state of the community, or to retain players, or to appeal to new or veteran players at all.

1 Like