Fresh Classic Only Helps

it’s no more flawed than your argument. there are just as many people who rage quit pre-tbc in actual vanilla for the reason dude stated. some people like to invest in things. you just want to recreate the experience over and over again. neither is right or wrong. but they are two things that exist even in just classic vanilla. some people want to play the same stuff forever. some people want to constantly redo things. that’s just the way it is. it’s not that he’s right and you’re wrong. or that you’re right and he’s wrong. but they do ultimately effect each other.

One of the reasons remasters and launching games on additional platforms is so popular. The development work is the VAST majority of the fee to create the game is already spent.

Being able to utilize works that’s already created for additional profit is just a no brainer.

3 Likes

No, his argument is definitely more flawed than my argument. I’m saying that if Blizzard decides to offer this as an option, they will get more subscribers and be opening themselves to more profit, instead of the NOT offering it and just cutting that potential income off?

Why does it have to be that they don’t do it since some people don’t like it? Can’t it be hey here’s options for everyone, you all pay and choose what you want?

2 Likes

do you know how many people have said they wanted a separate sub because they don’t want to “pay” for retails development? what i said earlier is that people who play retail are mostly footing the bill for classic. at this point you’re asking for everyone who plays retail, static classic, and tbc to be footing the bill for your constant F R E S H rerolling. lol

No. I don’t know that and never heard that before. Could you please compile a list of topics where people demand this?

1 Like

here’s the link to one of the first things that pops up when you search for it

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/we-need-separate-subscription-for-wow-classic/289715/145

and another

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/separate-subscriptions-please/3115

look at the dates. it’s been here since the beginning. and you can see that it’s intended to keep retail meanies out of classic.

People can say that all they want, I don’t care. I’m not one of them. If I choose to play any version of WoW, I’ll pay for my experience in that. WoW development is WoW development… it’d be stupid to divide that in terms of cost/profit for the company. What I’m trying to ask for now is for Blizzard to provide fresh servers on top of the other stuff, because I want to play it. I’d pay my share too, and so would many others I know. We’re not trying to scumbag anyone. We just want to be able to pay for the game that we want.

1 Like

That’s an extremely odd stance for someone to have but his reasoning was “because retail players will troll Classic players”

Regardless

Have you ever hosted a server in your life? A Classic WoW server could be hosted for a couple hundred dollars a month and that’s quite literally the entire fee.

A couple HUNDRED dollars. That’s like 30 subs to pull a profit.

Some customer service salary sprinkled in.

100 players subbed for it and you are golden. We are talking over 10k players already playing on a recently launched Private Server. The demand is there.

Now we wait for Blizzard to respond and do the right thing.

1 Like

so you’d be okay if it was completely unmoderated and there were no banning of bots and exploits? for it to be the wild west? you seem to think the only cost is hosting the server. it’s not.

Read the edit. Thanks.

Where do these players go when their guild leaders quit in phase 3? They are now stuck on fresh classic realms segregated from the rest of the community on the forever classic realms.

1 Like

also you assume everyone who plays a private server for free would PAY for classic. and that’s not the case. the amount of private servers that have had people (not just classic but there are even current stuff as servers as well) a lot of them say they play the private server because it’s “free.” which is one of the main reasons they include everything but the most recent expansion in the base game in retail right now.

you were that dude that said edge masters were bad. LOL!

1 Like

that had nothing at all to do what he said and was just you throwing a logical fallacy at him as if what you said wasn’t just trolling. lol.

Not everyone, but a good amount would. And the people who wouldn’t aren’t here so why are you arguing with the people in this thread who WOULD pay for it lol. I mean, the only reason why we can actually post here is because we are still subbed right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

he’s saying 10k guaranteed. but unless the cost of that private server is $15 a month he’s talking out of his rear. that’s my point. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ya I agree 100%

Not everyone that is playing on a private server would pay for Classic. You are also assuming that this is the only player base available for Classic. That’s just not the case.

Sounds like you are talking out of “your rear” as you put it.

1 Like

where are all these people that didn’t pay for classics original run that will magically show up to go through endless F R E S H?

But…they…did? What?

Where are you getting off that these people didn’t pay for Classic the first time around?

1 Like

Hahaha. I said I would not require an orc using axes to wear edgemasters. You might need to slow down on the OT kool aid. Your dear leader didn’t even understand how hit cap worked in the game when I was a member.