*waves* :) I'm that multiboxing hunter

I saw 3 mages in stv. They moved at exactly the same time. They stopped at exactly the same time. The animation for frost bolt began at exactly the same time. The frost bolt left the mages at exactly the same time and all of them hit the target at exactly the same time. 3 individuals couldn’t do that even if they were on discord and counted down to try.

Tell me how that happened if they didn’t have some sort of way to repeat that single key click to all 3 mages at the same time.

Syncing up abilities is all a multiboxer needs to do to over power the game in the vast majority of cases. That’s all most multiboxers do. That’s why it doesn’t matter if you’re piloting one or forty. Most multiboxers admit that. Look dude, I don’t care that you multibox so long as you don’t dominate nodes and use your team to stop others from fairly farming. Just admit that you’re using programs to repeat your key click to all the alts on your team. The multitasking is minimal and you’re playing easy mode.

I am pretty sure there is more depth to playing a mage (or three) than casting a frostbolt (or three).

Syncing up abilities is trivial. Playing any character with nuance and skill requires effort, learning, and ability to dynamically react and adapt to situations; it doesn’t matter if you’re piloting one, or 40.

I mean no offense, but you are out of your depth of knowledge here, and making judgements and assumptions about something you don’t actually understand. Attempting to trivialize something with reductionism isn’t really conducive to a good discussion.

I recommend trying it yourself. :slight_smile: It isn’t against the rules, after all. :smiley:

1 Like

If that were true you would explain exactly how you are not using programs to repeat your key click to the alts you’re multiboxing and how you multitasking between each one.

In by far the vast majority of questing it would certainly be easier to play one hunter and have 2 others repeat every action. One key click and 3 pets attack. One key click and 3 hunters shoot arcane shot. How is what you’re doing for the bulk of your game different than that?

I think you’d have the answers you are looking for by simply reading the entire thread.

1 Like

Why do you have 5 hunters? Why do almost all multiboxers have a few of the same class? 3 warlocks, 3 mages, 3 shamans. That doesn’t seem interesting. Why not multibox a team with a warrior tank, a rogue, a mage, a shaman, and a holy priest? The answer is clear and most multiboxers will admit it. A multiclass multibox is so difficult that it would be virtually impossible to play because you would have to multitask. Most multibox the same or very similar classes so they can sync abilities and one click for all the alts.

Read. The. Thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

translation:

I sync abilities and one click to all my hunters to make the game easier but I’m ashamed to admit it.

…aaaand ignored.

A good discussion requires one to respond to what other people say. That you refuse to make any attempt at all to respond tells me all I need to know about what you do in game with your multibox team.

So much negative energy from some of you.
Leialoha? Continue to play the game however you wish. Do not let these crybabies effect how you choose to spend your time on WoW

2 Likes

<3 Happiness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I just read the whole thread and Im interested in this using my wives account, we both have a mage and are lvling up but she does not play as much as I do and want to lvl them up while offline. is Jamba and Autohotkey a good way to start in basic multiboxing?>

AutoHotKey, in combination with EMA (Ebony’s Multiboxing Assistant - check Curse Gaming for it) is a great way to start. EMA is the successor to Jamba. I can send you my AHK Script and walk you through the startup process if you like - just message me in-game and we can hop on Discord. :slight_smile:

Just a quick comment that Leialoha is a super-swell person, has made some gear for some of my guildmates, and is a nice addition to the server community. Even though we haven’t interacted much, it’s always a pleasure to see you in IF or SW.

1 Like

/blush :slight_smile: much appreciated!

I should have posted this earlier: :smiley:

I have done dual boxing and am thinking about tri-boxing. What I find most fun is trying different class combinations. Sadly my favorite class, paladin, seems to be one of the hardest to mesh with other classes if it’s not just a healbot. But what it does do amazingly is just that.

By far my favorite dual combination has been warlock lead with paladin healbotting. It’s a bit mentally taxing though as it requires me to really pay attention or else I’ll be either very inefficient (not enough mobs), or dead (too many mobs).

Another cute one was rogue-rogue, both ambushing everything before it has a chance to really fight back.

Have you tried any other combinations besides 5x of one class? Do you have any interesting suggestions of combinations to tri-box?

I haven’t yet, but I think I’ll roll on this server as I like to RP as well.

just poking my head in here to join the fanclub. one of the friendliest people around. sadly with her extreme self sufficiency, its impossible to repay her in kind.

1 Like