Water Strider Discussion

My only concern about all this is that I’m one of the few people who has the Crimson Water Strider but not the Azure. Please consider adding a free pair for those who are Best Friends with Nat Pagle as well but don’t have exalted with the anglers. It’s frustrating that I literally spent several days over the past week working hard to get this mount only to find it was all wasted :frowning:

1 Like

It was never an issue until Blizz made it an issue. Not the players fault but it is Blizzard’s fault.

10 Likes

Cherrypicking belongs in the orchard, not in forums.
Besides, people can scroll up.
Gathers up the tea dishes and goes into the kitchen

You know what’d make this less painful?

If the mount equipment worked like the upcoming Heart of Azerite essences. Where you could get all the equipment and swap them out only in a rest area.

That’d be significantly better than the idiotic “Buy it over and over and over and over and over and…” they’re going with.

3 Likes

Eh, I’m on the side with Blizzard. Ya’ll need to grow up. They’re giving you the option to use whatever mount you want without it and I quote from another forum’s poster. “Narrowed down to one choice.”

I did not cherry pick. You said they were narrowing down choices. When they’re just giving anyone the ability to use anyone freaking mount. >_> So

1 Like

I am giving grown up advice to Blizz. Leave the water stride alone.

7 Likes

No, they’d rather take it from you, sell it back to you, and expect you to be thankful for the opportunity, apparently.

16 Likes

:thinking: Yeah, good response mate.

The only thing I can see as annoying - is having to buy them and I agree with others. You should just be able to switch them out in a rest area.

They are taking something away from us, not matter how they put it.

Cuz everytime you roll a new alts on future allies race you have to PAY for the water walking equipment.

Leave the Waterstrider as you leaving the Golem period.

8 Likes

You are saying that there is a possibility of nerf in sky golem? :angry:

This is discouraging

7 Likes

What a good mount “equipment” system looks like. In case you were curious Blizzard.

10 Likes

My first thought when I read this went something like this:

The ability to walk on water is much stronger than the ability to herb while mounted. Let me go check the AH and see what is selling more - a passive ability from a mount to walk on water or the herbs that people are gathering more efficiently because they can do so on a mount.

Perhaps we all just have flawed point of views and logic here.

Look. It’s simple. The reason people are so upset about this is because you (the company) are making a choice that takes something away from your players that they spent time and effort into obtaining. It’s that simple. Some made the investment when it was relevant and others did so when it was easier (Timewalking). Either way, both players made an investment. Not only are you taking their “reward” away for said investment but you are going to charge them to reobtain it (even if it’s a reduced price) for their alts. Once a passive, account wide ability, is now a minor gold sink.

On top of all this, your line of thinking isn’t being applied across the board. It’s being nitpicked to just the one mount, just the one passive. Why does the Sky Golem get to keep it’s uniqueness? Why do Shamans and Death Knights get to keep their water walking ability for free? Frankly, your argument of “much stronger” is invalid at this point. You want to validate it? Make the change across the board. No special treatment to any mount or class.

Let’s be real, though. This is just another thing on an entire list of things that have really pissed off the player base. Will the game die because of it? No. The game will keep going, people will keep playing, and Blizzard will keep doing what they focus on the most - making money. Unfortunate, but - hey - truth hurts.

18 Likes

Brave soul.
I commend you for stepping into this thread on the Monday evening preceding the drop of 8.2 on the PTR. However, this price you speak of not knowing offhand is what will be a determining factor in many players decisions. Personally, I’ve stuck by/accepted/dealt with the changes made over the years to keep the gameplay from just becoming a static habit. But having spent my money and time acquiring the rep required to gain the reward, only to have it removed and then require it to be re-purchased…no. That’s the line. I’m sorry to sound like I’m giving an ultimatum because it’s not. It’s a decision made based on honor, or the lack thereof.

EDIT - and to be perfectly fair, yes, I agree and have so for many years that Blizzard has the right to change content at their discretion at any time. But this is one of those times I won’t be agreeing with it.

12 Likes

That looks dope, may try that game, cuz this one is hopeless.

3 Likes

It is Blizzard. That is all they know how to do. Nerf and never fix what they break.

5 Likes
  1. You don’t have anti-daze or parachute for free now, so having to pay for it if you want the buff is perfectly logical. It’s no different than anything this game has ever done - you want a special thing, you have to pay for it.

2. If you want water walking - use water walking. Pretty simple. If you want anti-daze, use anti-daze. If you want parachute, use parachute. You don’t deserve to have all 3 at the same time. You don’t deserve to have 2 at the same time just because your did a rep grind. If you have a water strider, you have 1 mount that has water walking now, and as of 8.2, you will have all of your mounts with it - IE: you gain.

3. If you REALLY want anti-daze and water walking, Slot water walking and either roll a leatherworker or buy bridles from a leatherworker. This is literally what you have to do now if you want water walking and anti-daze - the difference is you have to do it on the water strider specifically and will instead be able to do it on every mount after this change. You don’t have to switch your mount equipment every 5 seconds. You have to make a choice and deal with. Based on the current buff items in game the obvious choice is water walking for all non DKs and Shamans - as you can purchase or craft bridles for anti-daze and purchase or craft goblin gliders for a parachute (or roll a mage or priest).

The Water Strider is not a special mount. It doesn’t have special requirements that are different than other rep mounts - it’s just a rep mount. It wasn’t time limited. It wasn’t any harder to get than any other rep mount during Mists, and it is one of the easier mounts to get now with Mists Timewalking purchasable rep badges. There is ZERO reasons that one rep mount should offer double the buff than another rep mount.

I have the water strider. I got in mists before they even introduced Grand Commendations. I’m not saying this to say I’m something special - just to say that I did the Angler’s grind when it was the “hardest” - this change isn’t taking anything away from that, it is in fact adding to it, as I will now be able to water walk with all my mounts (including my Warlock’s class mount, which DID actually lose water walking to an actual real nerf).

I reinstalled it recently and I’ve been having fun

That choice in in the game now. Water Walking Potions make every, yes every mount in the game walk on water.

3 Likes

On what realm is this true? I dont have a massive water walking botting problem on any realm I play on but I certainly have seen tons of herb botting on every realm I play on.

Water walking doesnt inherently give me a monetary advantage especially when it falls off on damage while abilities to speed up herbing that persist through damage inherently are worth more.

23 Likes

Other MMORPGs and MMOs have passed by WoW. WoW treats the travel and mount system as something trivial in comparison.

2 Likes