Warbank is eating items

My warbank just ate 99 sandsworn relics. I have a screenshot before and after. I think this happens when I go from one character on my main server and then I logout, log back in on another character stationed on another realm and attempt to access the warbank. It just shows up as an empty slot so I know something was missing.

I have screenshots that prove it this time around.

Edit: 8/17 - CAUGHT IT!

Alrighty! On another forum-goers suggestion I recorded some gameplay video and I caught it in the act. I have a video to share for it too.

https://youtu.be/ry7WSrbrvD4

Update: 8/25 - still happening

Unfortunately I just found another slot “go empty” in my warbank. I’ve been trying to avoid doing things like sorting my bank, my warbank, etc. It would be nice to get an update on the guild bank, war bank, item “missing” issue.

10 Likes

I can confirm that I had put most of the pet charms I have accumulated over the years in the warbank and now they are gone.

Edit: They were in one of my alt’s regular bank, but regardless, if you care about a certain item, do not put it in the warbank.

4 Likes

Thanks for the headsup

I haven’t touched the Warbank stuff yet but now I’ll be careful to transfer all “grindy” currencies and items to my dedicated bank toon before even messing with it

Better to be safe than sorry I guess

I am constantly taking screenshots before and after I deposit to the warbank. I’m still using it but quite cautiously now.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I’ll be doing that too just to be safe :eyes:

I submitted a bug report with the items I know are missing … still nothing on that front. I still do it though just so I can go back and tell them - maybe at some point they’ll figure out the warbank is not quite battle-ready and reimburse the losses. :dracthyr_shrug: :dracthyr_cry_animated:

UPDATE (8/10)

Hey Blizzard -

Your war bank is still broken. I am now missing multiple items again. I have been using it sparingly now and from this point forward I’ll setup a new bank alt and just use my previous method of caching items. I keep screenshots so I know what goes away but even so… slots have just gone blank and I have not been sorting my bank. This “feature” is TERRIBLE.

The war bank SUCKS. I’m VERY frustrated that items are going missing and you have no recourse for resolution.

Items missing this last round:
180 x Tidespray Linen
262 x Shal’Dorei Silk
8 x Sumptuous Fur

2 Likes

Image-1

Image-2

OP state that the missing items are not “unique” items being addressed in patch 11.0.2; they are common stackable materials.

2 Likes

I think what I’ll do next is find all my low level mats and populate the war bank with them. I don’t want to lose things I care that much about so here goes a new test. It will take some time but I’ll report back if anything happens (or update if not).

Edit: 8/14
Hey Blizzard. We need to talk. Your dumb war bank did it again. Caught it in the act. Again.

761 x Blackrock Ore (WoD mining) from first tab
26 x Citrine (Classic gem) from second tab

FIX. YOUR. WARBANK.

Let me be clear. I have characters across multiple realms that are using it. Here’s what I did tonight:

1. Login to warlock on Uldaman
  2. Deposit some low level stuff
  3. Screenshot, check that it’s all good
  4. Go do some Radiant Echoes
  5. Logoff eventually
  6. Login to lowly bank rogue on Moonrunner
  7. Deposit some low level cloth
  8. Walk away, come back to bank, sort my own reagent bank (not war bank)
  9. Check war bank - MATS MISSING

Key things:

• I did not add or remove the items that are now missing
  • These are materials - NOT unique, radiant gear, etc. ONLY MATS
  • I hop between realms / characters quite a bit
1 Like

Something else you could do is record it? a YouTube video of it happening would probably gain popularity and maybe reach WoW devs.

I haven’t kept track of items, and I don’t play WoW hardcore enough to care if old mats go missing.

But there are certain sentimental things that I will be retrieving from the Warbank immediately so thank you for posting this!

Once TWW launches I will definitely be taking screenshots of the Warbank because those mats are going to be expensive ><

2 Likes

A video is a good idea. I’d have to record a whole session and see if I can catch it happening. That may be my weekend project.

1 Like

Have you always used the sort button on your personal reagent bank when things went missing? Wonder if there’s a weird interaction going on there, even though you’re not using the warband bank at the time.

I was wondering that too. I rarely sort my own reagent bank tbh. I’ll run through some permutations this weekend to see what might be the actual trigger here.

I really think it has something to do with realm hopping though.

Edit: 8/17

I unfortunately couldn’t catch it in the act, but of course it did it again. I was playing my Horde mage on Uldaman through to 70 doing the echoes… didn’t notice anything missing. Logged into my Alliance rogue on Gnomeregan - boom - 3 things missing.

These weren’t that important but the concern remains. The war bank will eat your items. I even tried recording a session Thursday evening but nothing went missing no matter how much I used it.

Hey Blizzard, do you think this might happen when the war bank sees more use across players? I think you have a problem but I can only tell you what is happening to me. Others may not be so astute in what’s stored in their war banks.

Edit: 8/17 - CAUGHT IT!

Alrighty! I caught it in the act. I have a video to share for it too :slightly_smiling_face:

https://youtu.be/ry7WSrbrvD4

1 Like

The video you shared says “This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.” :frowning:

Warband, and guild banks are eating items. I’ve lost years worth of items now. I’m hoping that the mail system doesn’t eat anything because my bags are full and I have to send it somewhere. I can’t trust those damned Goblins the Horde Hired.

:frowning:

I’ll have to check on it. Those people. They wanted me to verify with a phone sms thing. Should be fine now though.

Wanted to add that I’ve experienced the same thing, wish I could have screen recorded it in the act! Mine was marks of honor and pet charms, happened around noon EST for me today. I do wonder how it might be connected to the guild bank and void storage issues I’ve been seeing here recently.

This video is back online and clearly shows the items in the yellow boxes being eaten/deleted by the system after a Warband Bank “Clean Up.” My feeling is don’t use the clean up function until they fix this bug.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the support on this one Vortimer!

YES! My Marks of Honor have all vanished and I was going crazy searching for them. (Except for one that I had on one of my characters).

I really hope Blizzard fixes this because it took a really long time to grind those Marks and I’m not even a fan of PVP.

1 Like

I’m quite a bit hopeful given the answer I got on another thread… Guild banks - #22 by Agrias-bloodsail-buccaneers

There’s a chance everything is still there and they will just need to fix the issue so the items are “visible” again.

Update: 8/25

Unfortunately I just found another slot “go empty” in my warbank. I’ve been trying to avoid doing things like sorting my bank, my warbank, etc. It would be nice to get an update on the guild bank, war bank, item “missing” issue.

1 Like