Wait...they removed infinite torghast and locked it to 18 floors?

This also may only be experimental, and might change back with feedback, etc. I wouldn’t put too much into it because torghast has changed more than anything else in the beta.

1 Like

Yeah. Truthfully, from what I played in the Alpha I really do love Torghast. Its truly something special and unique. Easily one of my favorite bits of content in a very long time XD

After experiencing it I have to say it’s the content I am looking forward to the most in Shadowlands.

3 Likes

I agree. I unfortunately didn’t get to test it, but just watching people go through it seems like exactly what I want in the game.

Reminds me a lot of Palace of the dead from FFXIV, but with the ability to change your player power outside of only leveling up.

Most interesting game mode they’ve added, and I look forward to it.

Yeah, though I would be lying if I didn’t say I do have a bias. I love Roguelike games. Dungeons of Dredmor, Rogue Legacy (Excited that 2 is in production :slight_smile: ), 20XX (SUPER HYPED for 30XX), etc.

Getting Roguelite content in WoW is pretty great and is honestly a blast. I look forward to when everyone gets a chance to try it out, its seriously great.

1 Like

I’ve actually never played a rogue-like game, but honestly it makes me more keen to try it out. Would what you listed be good games to try out for someone new to the genre?

Here is where the 18 floors is mentioned:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-torghast-tower-of-the-damned/498548

This is the kind of thing that does make it into live though.

Can someone on beta check that we get the limited torghast wing to collect stuff weekly for our legendary items and another unlimited wing which only rewards cosmetics and achievements?
If it’s like this, everyone can be happy. And beware the bad word, blizz can more easily balance the difficulty and rewards.
They’ll definitely use it to limit the amount of legendaries you can craft in a given timeframe.

You just reenter and start on a higher floor, do your 18 and repeat.

1 Like

:eyes:

I hadn’t heard about a 2. Might have to play the original again to knock the rust off.

1 Like

Yeah…hopefully they revert it. Current design is weird, like 18 floors per run but then you can start new runs from the floor you got to, but the floor difficulty and your powers are all reset so it’s no different from starting at 1 minus the number.

Hopefully they fix it again, current design looks pointless.

Everything resets though so there is no point in the number really. Poor choice imho especially after the positive feedback on the system.

My guess is that it just got too insane with the powers and stuff. Folks were getting to levels in the 70s.

systemlands? hahahaha. Thats actually funny as hell.

1 Like

But that’s kind of the point of the content design isn’t it? Why have level numbers increase above 18 if nothing changes anyway?
Might as well just come out and say that Torghast will be capped at that point :man_shrugging:

Honestly I’d say a better way of at least preventing players spending too much time in one sitting for fear of losing a run would instead giving players the option of saving progress and leaving the run to be able to be picked up again later, without any resets, with the constraint being that once a save is reentered that save state is lost, so ending a run can’t be gamed by a constant save state.

1 Like

Based on how the design seems to have been “refined” with the changes, it seems unlikely that the 18-floor limit of the Twisting Corridors is simply a halfway point between the old design and a new one.

Very disappointed to see this change that basically kneecaps one of the cornerstone elements that has been hyped for the expansion.

1 Like

What a joke. I was looking forward to this / see how high I could climb. THEY BETTER CHANGE THIS BACK TO WHAT WAS INTRODUCED. and they better not mess with pvp vendors EVER again - Its impossible to do 3s- for people returning to the game. This do pve bull for 6 to 9 months catchup is BULL. even if i could completely cap conquest gear. It stops at 460. So completely dumb. Blizz- stop wrecking your damn game. Bring back the talent system from 5.4, never touch the pvp vendors again. Make it so players who want to pvp isnt forced into mythic raiding / kicked from groups due to a new mechanism raider IO. I mean im all for a new thing to maintain… But being forced into it was a dick move.

2 Likes

Start asking for return on your money.

Systemlands is a time gated, anti fun, narrow experience that is full of tedium. :+1: :+1: :+1:

P.S. Very hostile toward those that have alts or play other specs.

The way they describe it, it sounds like it builds 18 after the initial 18. You complete it, get thrown out, and restart, this time you can choose to start at where you got kicked out, and it goes up another 18 levels, with some starting options for anima powers, before kicking you out again.

???

Preach’s complaints are so bizarre and contradictory. He complains about 100% win-rate, but he also complains about not being able to “pop off” hard enough.

Preach is basically a whiny version of Bellular at this point.

2 Likes

Guys, there’s 150 Greater Rift Levels in Diablo 3 and we only get 18 Torghast levels in WoW with weekly caps. Let that multi-billion dollar company development content mentality marinate. :sunglasses: :joy:

2 Likes