Wait...they removed infinite torghast and locked it to 18 floors?

Why?

Does blizz not understand why people like roguelikes?

Snowballing and clever use of mechanics in long runs makes Issac fun, secret bosses and looping a run.

Why is everything in this game limited?

18 Likes

I’m guessing it’s cause someone got tired of coding and head-banged their keyboard.

2 Likes

At this rate it’s going to be a weekly you do for a legendary and never touch again. islands 2.0

47 Likes

Terrible move

8 Likes

Sad they cant make commitments on their expansions center piece

13 Likes

So the one thing that wasn’t an annoying chore in this expansion got scaled back huh? There goes any hype I had left for System Lands…

17 Likes

Are you sure this not just for beta testing purposes?

6 Likes

I will need to see the official statement first.

For now, all I can do is wait.

10 Likes

The legendary materials only drop from the weekly, cosmetic materials now drop in torghast.

2 Likes

where are you seeing this?

4 Likes

That is what I am thinking as well. Plus not to mention it can still be changed later. Blizz has been shuffling things around quite a bit so far so…idk seems quick to jump to conclusions. Although this is GD so anything is up to get complained about I guess. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I thought that’s just so people test out a bit of it and don’t just sit in there for hours after hours endlessly on the beta?

This. ^

And this. ^

6 Likes

and here come the blizz white knights. I’m out.

Why would they change it in the first place to this new system on beta instead of iterating on the fun version?

oh my bad they just changed it for the lols.

1 Like

Peeps - including myself – want to know your source for this.
So we’re “white knights for blizz” cuz we ask you to verify your troll post?
whatever.
Nothing to see here, folks, move along, he’s made it all up.

21 Likes

It’s definitely the biggest draw for me. I thought that islands seemed cool during the previous reveal, I’m concerned I’m repeating a bad purchase choice.

1 Like

Iirc it was in one of Preach’s recent videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUaYJbYrOQs

That being said, it’s possible that the changes aren’t final and just experimental. Or at least I hope so.

2 Likes

If I had to guess. They’re just putting a small limit for testing purposes

1 Like

I saw this:

Developers’ Notes: To emulate Easy, Normal, or Heroic runs, enter the Twisting Corridors. Other doors will take you to the 6-floor quest runs, which are currently limited to floors 1-6.
All Twisting Corridors runs now end after 18 floors, regardless of difficulty. Delving deeper into the Twisting Corridors unlocks higher floor checkpoints from which to start a run. After entering the Twisting Corridors portal, speak to the Wayfinder to select your starting floor number.

4 Likes

Because it’s beta. Subject to change. Lots of change.