Wait...they removed infinite torghast and locked it to 18 floors?

Watch again, he doesn’t. He is talking about the checkpoints.

Trying to make it so you don’t lose ever is going to make Torghast DoA.

Quote: ‘they are currently sticking to eighteen floors.’

Like I said, watch again and make sure to watch all of it.

I did.

/10char

Clearly you didn’t.

from what I understand, there isn’t an infinite mode anymore

you have the 6 floor material farm, and then an 18 floor twisted corridors

Its just alpha
Its just beta
Its just one week into release
Its just 9.1
It will get fixed in 9.3
Wow have you guys seen the new plans for 10.0??

6 Likes

I agree with the core idea you’re trying to convey here, which is that as long as a system exists that can be subjected to grinding for rewards, “no-lifers” (I hate that term hence putting it under quotation marks) will keep coming back to it.

However, I don’t remember exactly when but the dev team made it clear that even though Torghast would have unlimited entries, it will work on a system of diminishing returns. Thus, weeding out any scope of it becoming a grind.

As a result, if this new move of removing the infinite floors aspect goes live, Torghast is just going to become extremely boring.

I think that is not that that bad that they have a limit on floors. I mean you can enter the time that you want, rigth? But you can only do 18 at the time before needing to enter again, no ?

Also, how do you now that ypu would see all 18 thorgast rooms, as far i know they are still tunning the difficulty

Once you get to the broker, you have effectively won. The issue isn’t the difficulty, the issue is the broker.

Arnt there 2 instances. One that is 18 floors that will give your weekly amount of artifact power, and the other that is infinite that will be only cosmetic rewards?. Or was there new news that I missed and the infinite instance is indeed removed?.

2 Likes

Oh, so thats the guy that let you buy the powers ?

Yeah, he more or less makes the entire place a waste of time.

Blizzard seemingly comes up with new game systems and, more times than not, when the features go live the interest flops relatively quick. But Tower of Torghast looks so promising! If Blizzard can get out of their own way with at least the tower, I feel Shadowlands is gonna be a huge hit.

Hopefully they get the covenants right as well. Either way I’m more optimistic about Shadowlands than I was about BFA.

It was never removed. It’s just people misunderstanding the beta, and not knowing that the 18 floors are for testing it.

At no point has it been stated that it will be removed. Etc.

3 Likes

They would have to make serious changes to Torghast to make it look promising. As it stands right now, it’s only a chore for your legendary garbage and nothing else.

1 Like

I’d suggest not holding your breath. Your face is already turning blue!

2 Likes

The 6 floors are the introductory quests to torghast. The 18 floors are there for testing.

Thanks for the reminder!

deep breaths

I just hope the tower has great replay value so that players will continue to take part even after obtaining their legendaries.

1 Like