Void Knight Discussion (And why it will never work)

Void elves as far as i know don’t worship it, they study it.

Ummm…might sound stupid but I feel death knights are similar to dark paladins.

They are quit literally “evil paladins”.

1 Like

So with void elves being death knight. There is our void knight :sweat_smile:

That’s fair, but they may worship the void in the sense of taking the power for themselves as the void would want them to do.

Nothing I’m game states that the void cant conjure a magic hammer to judge people for being to light following like.

Or and here me out if you want to be a paladin high Elf you play horde :slight_smile:

Mine got banished for dabbling with void :frowning:

You want elite pvp sets unlocked for you when you didnt earn them, yet you dont want other races to have a class to play as.

If you are going to fight for options then do that dont pick and choose.

I think this has been pointed out but WoW’s version of the Blackguard or (for Pathfinder) Antipaladin is literally the DK.

Like it’s more open now, but when Arthas started making the current flavor of Death Knights, version 1.0 all came from fallen paladin.

1 Like

People tried shoving Shadow priest into paladin for this dark paladin concept before.

I told them to just roll Death knight.

Void magic is consistently caster oriented.

Things like mind flay or void eruption.

So no… there is nothing that goes against it, but it’s incredibly out of character.

I can choose what ever I want to fight for thanks, and lol @ you trying to act like a racial class combo is the same thing as some xmogs that’s cute :slight_smile:

For many people death knights are considered necromancer wearing plate. Probably why they ask.

There were death knights before Arthas too. Guldan created them from body of slain warlocks by infusing their spirits with dead bodies of human knights.

That guy in BC version of shadow moon valley. Teron Gorefiend.

Even if the original suggestion was ridiculed to a certain degree, I think the proposal opens the conversation for advanced customization options throughout the classes.

The glyph system is tragically underwhelming and poorly used; so much more could be introduced (at the cost of inflating inscription to a god-tier profession). However, I think the effort that would be required for implementing the needed visuals would be on-par with the race changes coming with Shadowlands, and it would ultimately be a targeted, expansion feature.

I can envision a class-oriented inscription product that applies a new theme to the entire character, vs. applying 30+ different spell-level augments. It’d be like a glyph-tome. If you normally apply a glyph “page” to a spell, you’d apply a glyph “book” to a class spec.

Alternatively, maybe… Blizzard could distill all classes in a massive revamp that allowed for them to feature thematic choices… such as Paladin -> Void Knight (Velves), Blood Knight (Belves), or whatever the Nelf paladin-equivalent would be (Moon Knight?).

In all seriousness, for Blizzard, I think it would be too large of an effort for such a small level of active use in-game.

TL;DR:

I think a Void Knight option would be wicked cool, and I support the thought for my velf. Overall, I think classes and glyphs need broad, sweeping overhauls to advance the limited scope implemented by the original game framework.

2 Likes

It is when you are saying you want it unlocked for everyone who didnt earn it back in the day. Yet this is to far, people dont deserve to play the race and class they want.

True, but I was specifically talking about Scourge DKs because they specifically came from Paladins. At least when they were first made.

1 Like

I wonder if Guldans version of Dk and scourge created ones will be same or different.

Gul’dans were different in that they were orc souls merged into the dead body of a human warrior.

The Scourge’s DKs were paladins that either fell, or were forced to fall, and practice necromantic magic in literal antithesis of their paladin origins.

1 Like

Would a void elf death knight work for you ??

Im totally on board for a Void Knight. But locking it to a single race and faction thats also an elf? Do we need another elf only thing? Undead are immune to the whispers of the void, I demand void knights for the undead!