Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

What does this even mean?

We’re in a topic about BEs lacking a second visual theme that VEs possess by virtue of having Void and non void skin tones. Which has drawn the conversation to shift to people justifying VEs continued poaching of options they shouldn’t get and that Blizzard arguably left out.

You have stated your stance on where you find yourself in this topic.

When the stance was applied to you, you have gone back and said “well you don’t what I like in game” I don’t care what you do in game you can tip toe through tulips you found somewhere for all I know we’re talking about your stance in this topic.

4 Likes

And we’ve multiple times offered and suggested for the expansion of their 4 potential themes.

2 Likes

I’m going to ask something, you say the request is justified because they keep asking. If I were to ask my neighbor for their house would the request be justified? would I have a claim on it? would I deserve it? Or is there like a certain amount of times something must be asked for before it becomes justified?

As Blood Elf players have asked repeatedly for natural hairs colors to not be given to Void Elves, then their request is justified, right? Blood Elf players are asking not to lose the last of their visual distinction. According to what you wrote this is a justifiable request.

Those who actually like Void Elves have asked that they not be further watered down with High Elf options this too is a justifiable request.

Yet if one was to go back and read through your posts you don’t see either of those as being a justifiable requests. You only see what the Alliance want as being a justifiable request.

9 Likes

All I would have to do is change my eyes to purple (which I can) and boom. Void elf.

People who don’t value visual distinction already have been compromised with more than enough by Blizzard themselves.

The hair was left out, and people who value visual distinction should be heard too and in fact are being heard at this very moment since visual distinction was left in place.

3 Likes

OMG!!! Vereesa has been a Void Elf this whole time :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
pffft and Alleria thought she was the original.

3 Likes

OK, I get the how you play.

But, and I’ve often wondered this when people bring it up, why does how you or anyone play matter in regards to customization options people either request or don’t want to see?

Then why not have them continue their story?

We’re not high elves we’re void elves.

I’d personally rather see the void aspects expanded rather than focus on high elves.

Falling back on “void elves have no story so dump em” isn’t a great argument.

By some estimations this has already been done…

Even with hair color limitations I already have two void elves able to easily pass as high elves.

Why would it stop with more natural colors for their hair?

I’ve seen some demand name changes to high elf rather than void elf, or the entire removal of the racial entropic embrace.

In all the time I’ve been here I’ve seen no evidence to suggest that such requests would end with hair color.

Void elves have rangers…

A huge amount of their forces were rangers in BFA.

6 Likes

Because realistically it wouldn’t stop and they wouldn’t stop, the worst thing Blizzard did with Void Elves was giving them any natural character customization options because it opened a floodgate of people playing the we deserve this or that and at this point it’s ridiculous. I mean I get Blizzard did it for RP reasons and to try and quell Alliance players from freaking out that we can look 100% like High Elves with the addition of blue eyes because we are the High Elves but if I’ve learned anything from my time in these threads it’s that it’s only made it worse not better.

3 Likes

you can only claim the void transformed elves. we have the actual high elves and a few npcs doesnt change anything

3 Likes

In before they come at you about the few no name NPC’s in nowhere areas followed by a few portal people and Alleria. :yum: :yum: :yum:

ill just quote a developer(as recent as 2018 on the topic) or their still canon encyclopedia status. they have nothing

1 Like

I can quote the lead narrative designer that says high elves are actively joining with the void elves, and also paste still canon encyclopedia info of them being alliance :hugs:

2 Likes

Void elves is not recruiting bruh.

i actually agree with lore on this one

2 Likes

I appreciate that. I know we disagree on a lot, but you’ve also been gaining my respect like Fen has.

They are testing the waters with these Void Elves options. I think with some common sense everything could be explained pretty easily.

Where does the change originate?
Why did they release fair-skinned tints?
What time/patch was it back then?

I’m willing to say that one of the developers reads all these constant bickering and mocking here just to give at the end a proper answer to why the team should or shouldn’t give faction 1 or 2 the requested options A or B.

There was no reason to give the Alliance anything of that all. Everything started with the request for High Elves eye options and out of nowhere the Blood Elf community got their wish granted. And the Alliance-players, including the skin colors. You could say everyone of you brought this upon yourselves for the constant smug-face and superiority complex but I wouldn’t go this far as some reddit posters discussed this. I think it is pretty natural to request blue eye options, especially for characters with blond hairs.

Given how the Alliance describes themselves as the suppressed and neglected faction which is true to some greater level, they simply overdid it back then with the next few request and demands. However, given how the Blood Elves were one of the main factors when it comes for the faction-shift in TBC due their looks, classes (Paladin!) and racial ability, it feels only natural to give something back to the Alliance at this point.

The Void Elves are a failure nobody asked for and everyone can see the constant elf-topics popping up here. They will get their blond hair options sooner or later and all of you will accept it like the adults we all are.

It’s a bad comparison and you know this as well.

I replied to this in the same post before. The Blood Elf community is a dominant factor in the Horde and World of Warcraft as a whole and originated from former Alliance-players who shifted to the red faction in TBC for different reasons. It makes only sense to even out one of the most talked features in the game.

I do understand how you all feel about the situation but as the superior player race in the game who overshadows all other Horde-races, something needs to be done and the developers are aware of this. It matters little how your feel because the current status is for you a normality you do not want to lose. This is perfectly understandably but at the other hand you need also look at the Alliance and give them an incentive to play there. The Alliance is plagued with low level story beats (too human-focused in either the narrative or character designs, which also includes the Draenei) and not fleshing out actual bestial races like the Worgen.

Because everyone has a different approach on how to enjoy the game. Understanding everyone’s motivation to do certain content can help narrowing down the actual users who will profit from the request.

Because their story is done for several expansions. This is how Blizzard handles the writing unfortunately.

You’re actually a banished Blood Elf who turned to the other side. Back before Arthas’ invasion you have been a High Elf and now are corrupted Blood Elf. In the end, everyone’s just a High Elf in a different flavor.

I do agree with the void customization but that’s not what the players want. And I do see more fair-skinned void elves these days which is sad but given the circumstances not a real surprise.

Because the blond elf is a popular player fantasy not granted to the Alliance and as iconic as green/brown Orcs. It’s something we are all used to due Tolkien and other media.

And yet they are no Farstriders but Void Rangers according the wiki. I do remember now how Danuser once wrote on twitter that you can play anything you want to be. This is more of a cop-out answer but if you want to be a fairy or pirate, then you might be also one in the game.

2 Likes

It’s not important to the request.

A raider requesting scars is just as valid as a person who literally logs in once in a week to do a single normal dungeon requesting scars.

What you do doesn’t matter to what you want.

That’s not accurate…

Blizzard routinely adds in extra bits of lore to almost every race each expansion… Information can be gleamed from even short appearances.

At the very least we can see what our people are up to.

Why do those players hold more standing to you than others?

Then go play lotr online…

Wow is not lotr.

Void elves are void elves. RP as you wish but don’t pretend we’re something we’re not.

I get wanting to use void elves as a gateway to high elves but I’ll never agree with making us high elves just because others can’t live with what they have.

You have two different ways to play that. Blood elves and void elves. Feels like something is wrong if a hair color is your dividing point.

They’re former blood elven rangers… They’re former farstriders.

5 Likes

It also matters little how you feel. However don’t go acting as if you know me or know how I feel. My current status is no one deserves something just because it is there. No one is justified to something just because they keep asking for it. It has nothing to do with a normality that I do not want to lose. I can just see where the request from blood Elf players wanting to keep visual distinction, and those of true Void Elf players wanting to expand on the void concept. Are just as justified as the one being asked for by the High Elf fans. Which is much more then you seem capable of. So before you decide to tell me what I’m thinking getting better brain reading skills.

6 Likes

I’m curious, what’re your thoughts on the Worgen tail stuff. They do the same thing pretty much.

1 Like

I am so curious about this Arcana person @_@
Never talks, but always likes my posts.
Very mysterious.

How do people even get that WoW Logo icon, do they just not log into a toon?
There’s not even any character info, like a level or class?
And the realm is just a string of numbers?

2 Likes