Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

I wasn’t under the impression if we raided, role played, engaged in pvp, transmog farmed, or just leveled alts mattered in a thread where what we are arguing about

We very much know where you stand, if you were here to argue changes to m+ or pvp etc etc I think you may be in the wrong thread?

1 Like

For real, for real and we also know how one sided he is about it as well.

1 Like

All right, I’ll bite.

How do you play the game?

What do you like or dislike?

My stance remains the same. Nobody deserves anything just because it is there. They might want it, they might desire it. They might feel this overwhelming need to have it. However they do not deserve it just because it is there.

As said before Alliance players do not deserve Alliance aligned High Elves, they want Alliance aligned High Elves.

Also I have a question about the whole The Horde only got Blood Elves Because of an Asian poll. Could you please send me a link to an actual poll, (Not some twitter account claiming there was one, or a salty ex blizz employee.) showing that there was an Asian only poll done by blizz before or during Warcraft 3 reign of chaos. Asking them about a game they had yet to make. Because as I had posted earlier during a lore panel of the 2005 Blizzcon. The decision to give High Elves to the Horde was basically made during warcraft 3 reign of chaos. When they got that first piece of Night Elf concept art and decided. This is awesome this is what we are giving the Alliance. The moment that Alliance got the Night Elves they were not going to be getting High Elves. Because they have had plenty of opportunities to give Alliance High Elves.

5 Likes

Never seen a poll but the one time I saw a link to the dev who “said this” it really wasn’t.

3 Likes

Yes, because 11-15+ year old straw poll is going to magically still exist somewhere easily accessible…

John Staats never seemed or sounded salty at all, so no idea where you’re making that assumption from. He mentions it in the Warcraft Diary/AMA about the poll, and the book was given approval by Blizzard.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter, it’s old news. Both factions have a claim to High Elves anyways.

2 Likes

That’s funny because only one faction has both the lore and aesthetic/visuals for High Elves while the other has it Void flavored.

One has High Elves. The other has a claim that requires a lot of reaching as they ask for continued chipping away of a visual theme that doesn’t belong to them.

More void options and visual distinction remaining in place is good though :hugs:

4 Likes

That’s why they should really update Alleria’s model and replace the so called normal High Elves with Void Elves, it would work so much better and it would seal the deal that they don’t get our stuff because it’s ours and it’s ours for a reason.

4 Likes

The grocery store has a lot of food, I have a claim to it because it is there and they are flaunting it. They know that I am hungry and other people have food so I deserve it to.

4 Likes

It would also give them more lore / story that they claim to care about so much.

2 Likes

I like how you put things and word things sometimes, it’s to the point and I appreciate that.

For real, even I could write something like the remaining so called High Elves returned to Silvermoon City to be known as Blood Elves or studied the void to become Void Elves and just like that we have a storyline and that took me like 30 seconds. Lol. :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

That seems like a reasonable thing to seek.

We’re told this exists but no one ever brings up proof.

Even aside from this whole debate it’s kinda annoying to have people constantly reduce your races loyalty to its faction to some arbitrary decision rather than the abundant lore that allows for the race to be where it is.

Even aside from all that, I’d prefer proof to one end or another over random unverifiable claims.

5 Likes

If proof doesn’t exist then the claims shouldn’t be made, especially if the defense to asking for proof is “well you can’t expect us to have proof for our claims”

3 Likes

Says the evidence queen, sorry I had to say it but you really are. Haha. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

Yes and no. I mean, I can also make some claims and assumptions that you might do a specific content but in the end, it’s not accurate. But not let’s dance around the topic anymore.

I’m more of a casual hardcore player in a specific niche with some tabbing into every content due my relatives who also play the game differently. Jack of all Trades as you American would say but I’m more of a player who gets dragged into the other contents I actually not like to play. For example, if there is a pet week, I get from my relatives everything I need and so on. In short, you could say that the people I play with make it bearable.

I wouldn’t call me an altoholic either because these characters usually stay at a low level on a low level account but I give them some “RandomSay”-macros for the immersion when I do level them up to 12-13. But I do have close to 40-45 “true” characters, most of them at LV50 who are just catching dust by now. How we get so many characters? Due PVP at the Gurubashi and Darkmoon Faire Arena, a long time ago we got both trinkets and used them during the last anniversary event. It took over two years for everyone to get the DMF-one. In short, we leveled as twice as fast as the rest during the classic Alterac Valley event and it paid off. Not many people know this but you can go from 110 (I don’t remember the actual exp-increase point anymore) to 118 in one single Horde game due the trinkets. It was just pure madness… and in the end, I have now a 50:50 ratio on characters while I’m playing Horde regularly.

At the same time I’m also not a RPer, I’m more of a wing man/statist for someone else or when an enemy faction character is needed for a storyline. I have no actual RP experience, the rest of the people use a 3rd person feature from Total RP to make me talk. I’m aware of the Tongue elixir because it’s sometimes required. Sometimes I have to do with the PCU (Perroy Cinematic Universe, a collective of +120 Horde players) but this is more a thing where I just tag along at the mass events when one of my relatives plays with them regularly.

With the current expansion it is pretty easy to outfit your Barbie dolls which is an actual blessing in disguise which is why we all opened up some accounts to level our characters solo and dress them in the end. And this is where I come in. Having an Alliance High Elf would be nice to have and the request is justified due how often people ask for but I’m not really interested in playing one. Given how I have seen most of the content, it became a hobby to fulfill character fantasies. I don’t think many would do something similar but I do enjoy it. The Void Elves are fine but at the same time the lack an actual story which is why I do have empathy with the Alliance-players. Given how the topics goes in circles for years, it would be the best to give into their request and move on. And yes, I have a “High Elf” Hunter aka Farstrider on the Horde-side. Doesn’t make sense to have one on the Alliance-side. Nevertheless, it makes no sense to gate keep an established fantasy in sake of everyone’s pride. In the end, nobody will truly be affected by it.

On a personal level, I do love the wow secret discord content and looking for out of reach places. We did the very same right in the moment in the new Sea of Thieves/Pirates of the Caribbean crossover event which came out some hours ago, where you can find a Monkey Island reference, including the main theme. It’s so awesome.
I also raid a lot… in the last season, when I want those mounts. Otherwise this part of the game has become absolutely dreadful. Otherwise I like reading the books you can find in the game and the more controversial stuff, like the Pandaren x Human couple. Story-wise were Mists of Pandaria and Legion fun for me but we do consider starting with the achievements. Everyone of us is around 20k but we want to tackle now the Glory-ones and had no time to do this. Currently is a content drought, so it wouldn’t be a bad time to start.

Like I said, I’m a Jack of all Trades who gets dragged into the content. I thing that’s all.

This would have been the best solution but as I have said it before, the developers really thought this through back then.

1 Like

I wish the wow forums let us have quotes under our posts like some forums do I think mine would be “If you’re gonna take shots at me you better not miss” I do like clarity, context, and evidence for claims made.

2 Likes

If you’re wanna start a fight,
You better throw the first punch,
Make it a good one.

3 Likes

One character per spec and per race/faction?

No. Lots of Blood Elves, because unlike you I am a roleplayer and I am personally invested in Blood Elves and their lore.

However none of that matters to you because you’ve been dismissive of my concerns the entire thread because you don’t think I’m a person.

Nevermind that I’ve presented compromises over and over again to get ignored.

3 Likes

Honestly that’s one of the many things I love about you is that you always make a your case and then some and it’s fabulous. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh my gosh, I have loved Panic! At The Disco since 2004. :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes