Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

ill just quote a developer(as recent as 2018 on the topic) or their still canon encyclopedia status. they have nothing

1 Like

I can quote the lead narrative designer that says high elves are actively joining with the void elves, and also paste still canon encyclopedia info of them being alliance :hugs:

2 Likes

Void elves is not recruiting bruh.

i actually agree with lore on this one

2 Likes

I appreciate that. I know we disagree on a lot, but you’ve also been gaining my respect like Fen has.

They are testing the waters with these Void Elves options. I think with some common sense everything could be explained pretty easily.

Where does the change originate?
Why did they release fair-skinned tints?
What time/patch was it back then?

I’m willing to say that one of the developers reads all these constant bickering and mocking here just to give at the end a proper answer to why the team should or shouldn’t give faction 1 or 2 the requested options A or B.

There was no reason to give the Alliance anything of that all. Everything started with the request for High Elves eye options and out of nowhere the Blood Elf community got their wish granted. And the Alliance-players, including the skin colors. You could say everyone of you brought this upon yourselves for the constant smug-face and superiority complex but I wouldn’t go this far as some reddit posters discussed this. I think it is pretty natural to request blue eye options, especially for characters with blond hairs.

Given how the Alliance describes themselves as the suppressed and neglected faction which is true to some greater level, they simply overdid it back then with the next few request and demands. However, given how the Blood Elves were one of the main factors when it comes for the faction-shift in TBC due their looks, classes (Paladin!) and racial ability, it feels only natural to give something back to the Alliance at this point.

The Void Elves are a failure nobody asked for and everyone can see the constant elf-topics popping up here. They will get their blond hair options sooner or later and all of you will accept it like the adults we all are.

It’s a bad comparison and you know this as well.

I replied to this in the same post before. The Blood Elf community is a dominant factor in the Horde and World of Warcraft as a whole and originated from former Alliance-players who shifted to the red faction in TBC for different reasons. It makes only sense to even out one of the most talked features in the game.

I do understand how you all feel about the situation but as the superior player race in the game who overshadows all other Horde-races, something needs to be done and the developers are aware of this. It matters little how your feel because the current status is for you a normality you do not want to lose. This is perfectly understandably but at the other hand you need also look at the Alliance and give them an incentive to play there. The Alliance is plagued with low level story beats (too human-focused in either the narrative or character designs, which also includes the Draenei) and not fleshing out actual bestial races like the Worgen.

Because everyone has a different approach on how to enjoy the game. Understanding everyone’s motivation to do certain content can help narrowing down the actual users who will profit from the request.

Because their story is done for several expansions. This is how Blizzard handles the writing unfortunately.

You’re actually a banished Blood Elf who turned to the other side. Back before Arthas’ invasion you have been a High Elf and now are corrupted Blood Elf. In the end, everyone’s just a High Elf in a different flavor.

I do agree with the void customization but that’s not what the players want. And I do see more fair-skinned void elves these days which is sad but given the circumstances not a real surprise.

Because the blond elf is a popular player fantasy not granted to the Alliance and as iconic as green/brown Orcs. It’s something we are all used to due Tolkien and other media.

And yet they are no Farstriders but Void Rangers according the wiki. I do remember now how Danuser once wrote on twitter that you can play anything you want to be. This is more of a cop-out answer but if you want to be a fairy or pirate, then you might be also one in the game.

2 Likes

It’s not important to the request.

A raider requesting scars is just as valid as a person who literally logs in once in a week to do a single normal dungeon requesting scars.

What you do doesn’t matter to what you want.

That’s not accurate…

Blizzard routinely adds in extra bits of lore to almost every race each expansion… Information can be gleamed from even short appearances.

At the very least we can see what our people are up to.

Why do those players hold more standing to you than others?

Then go play lotr online…

Wow is not lotr.

Void elves are void elves. RP as you wish but don’t pretend we’re something we’re not.

I get wanting to use void elves as a gateway to high elves but I’ll never agree with making us high elves just because others can’t live with what they have.

You have two different ways to play that. Blood elves and void elves. Feels like something is wrong if a hair color is your dividing point.

They’re former blood elven rangers… They’re former farstriders.

5 Likes

It also matters little how you feel. However don’t go acting as if you know me or know how I feel. My current status is no one deserves something just because it is there. No one is justified to something just because they keep asking for it. It has nothing to do with a normality that I do not want to lose. I can just see where the request from blood Elf players wanting to keep visual distinction, and those of true Void Elf players wanting to expand on the void concept. Are just as justified as the one being asked for by the High Elf fans. Which is much more then you seem capable of. So before you decide to tell me what I’m thinking getting better brain reading skills.

6 Likes

I’m curious, what’re your thoughts on the Worgen tail stuff. They do the same thing pretty much.

1 Like

I am so curious about this Arcana person @_@
Never talks, but always likes my posts.
Very mysterious.

How do people even get that WoW Logo icon, do they just not log into a toon?
There’s not even any character info, like a level or class?
And the realm is just a string of numbers?

2 Likes

He´s not evil, he´s just rude AF. Basically the Alliance version of myself, just less knowledge in his background (at least he doesn´t come here to propose stupid reductive ideas, I hate when posters come here to tell us Belf players -and worse, lore fans like myself- how our race acts, which magics do they use ergo how they should be customized, etc.)

L2lore before making suggestions, people.

Omg… barrens chat. One traveling half of the whole freaking map while on foot looking for Mankirk´s wife (cause the stupid quest map put her miles away in the middle of VERY damaging dino mobs) and she was just like around the corner.

My very first n00b action was to go from Tirisfal Glades to Taren Mill on foot crossing over the Plaguelands… I died SO many times.

Dude, you haven´t seen anything here. The schism on the fanbase has been hostile since like a decade ago.

Literal fanfiction dude -no seriously, you simply can´t claim this without the actual real statistics that prove so. And no, “warmode” is irrelevant, Alliance players NOT using it can simply mean they don´t bother with the PvP minigame -I personally DON´T bother with the PvP minigame, ergo no warmode for me ever…-.

Alliance players can come to demand reparations after Blizzard uses their character roster of heroes like plot devices that can only appear to a) suck up to Horde characters or b) become the FOTM villains of th story.

Oh, and they can come to qq AFTER the devs literally chastise them as evil a-holes for 2 years and counting for daring to play their faction. Which was basically the Horde player experience in BfA (either convert to the “Church of Wrynn” or become a cartoonish stupid villain).

Usually in the worst ways imaginable… I mean guy, do pay a memento to that toon´s “name” and actually CHECK the freaking Blood elf lore ffs. I hate it when you people suggest facepalm worthy stuff like “Light” stuff (Belves are NOT Lightforged beings, nor is the “Light” a supremely important aspect of their culture that suddenly displaced arcane and nature practices… they just weaponized it, period. EXTREMELY different from actual races whose culture revolves around the Light like the Draenei or the LF Draenei) or “Fel” stuff (I mean, hello? TBC Sunwell Plateau called, it wants it´s stuff back… “Felblood” elves were nothing but the very cannon fodder to be killed by the Belves themselves!!! since THEN!!!). Anytime this happens I die inside cause I feel like you guys are just throwing around rando stuff you “deduced” from outdated lore and that put it just to “appease those Belf beastly fans” or something…

Between getting ridiculous suggestions AND getting no suggestions, I pick the second option. It at least imply you respect us enough to decide for ourselves what would we like to see.

h^ttps://www.amazon.com/You-Give-Mouse-Cookie-Book/dp/0060245867

There. You guys can actually BUY the source of our worries regarding giving and giving and giving without NO guarantee we will get anything in exchange.

3 Likes

Going around liking anything and everything HE fans post isn’t that interesting to me or at least I don’t find it a trademark of an interesting person but since you asked I would guess they are an EU player liking stuff

2 Likes

EU can post on NA?

You have 0 proof for your claim a common theme I see considering earlier you did the whole “BEs only went Horde because Asia exists” thing again with no proof for your claim.

Truth is BEs have been Horde longer than they ever were Alliance and as a core Horde theme when people pick a BE for the first time it’s not out of love as a former Alliance player unless that is someone’s personal backstory but more often than not I would say that is unique to the person not the norm that you’re trying push it as.

When people pick up the game for the first and choose a BE they are picking up the game for the first time and choosing a BE.

3 Likes

You can like stuff on EU and vice versa but not post but you have to log in, it’s a hassle but one that HE fans will do because they have a personal stake in this topic.

1 Like

On post lvl 10 toons if my memory is right.

Ergo, they create a “trial” character in some rando Us realm just to post here.

That “theory” maybe was right like in the dawn of TBC´s launch. But certainly NOT nowadays… why do you people think some of the “hardcore” Horde veterans still moan and btch over “Belves ruining muh Hurde!!”? Cause some of the players that DID switch -the morons, didn´t even paid attention to the lore- for purely “I loved the WC2 High Elves” who acted pretty terrible towards the Vanilla Horde players. It gave us a decade+ of bad rep.

People like me that started playing Horde a decade ago because my irl friends played Horde (and that LIKED the faction ergo we stuck with it even after all the bad post Cata lore) are STILL paying the price and we STILL encounter people telling us we “don´t belong”. It is specially infuriating to hear from posters from the “blue” side cause then we know is not even legitimate “I interacted with irl a-holes in TBC that soured me about Belf players / fans”, but pure spiteful people that wrongly believes this somehow will endear their boring AF faction to us or something. Newflash: causes the opposite effect.

That’s another thing as well, but that’s to post.

If you just want to like stuff / you just have to log in over there but you can’t post

1 Like

This is true - but who would actually benefit more of it? The user who plays on a RP-server, like you, or the raider who focus on other features of the game?

Yes, that’s also true. But they have no actual story importance unless the plot demands it. This is a bigger problem with the Alliance where everything revolves around Anduin and Greymane and does not affect us that much. However, most former important NPCs have been reduced to mere cameos but given how big the lore has become it surely is not an easy task to accomplish.

And yet we have many classic tropes, including Orcs. You can make a point for both sides of the discussion.

Yes.

I think you’re right but given their transformation, as you will likely call it, they’re more than Farstriders I suppose?

I’ll highlight this part for everyone.

Such postings do not contribute anything to the discussion. I have seen a similar post a while ago from a DK Blood Elf player (20k achievement points) who denied other players opinions just because they don’t use an elf avatar.

This is not productive.

People will dislike me for writing this but this behavior is a tpyical American issue. I do not remember the EU-forums ever getting this low when I visited it. Perhaps this could be argued by being the smaller message board and a more agile moderation.

What about the last BlizzCon WoW Q&A? The faction imbalance has been confirmed two times. Otherwise one could always open up a party finder and look through how many groups are active given different time periods.

Nobody truly liked being antagonized by the story writers and I was also not a fan of it. The conflict should have ended with the Legion storyline, followed by many cold wars and a new city, where both factions live together, similar how Hearthstone depicts it.

That’s correct. I would never buy a subscription for the US-realms.

I don’t feel disregarding player happiness is beneficial to the conversation yet your entire post history is fixated on Alliance HEs being key to player happiness while disregarding BE fans on the issue as well as people who value visual distinction and arguably people like you who don’t value either of those things have already been appeased.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Just thank you.

Thats… an interesting take. lol

But yeah more or less. Not evil, just rude and concluded in his thoughts on this topic.

I’m less convinced hes an Alliance version of you though. You budge when it makes sense to.

You can like posts.

You can do so for EU forums as well.

Depends on the person.

What you play has no basis on what you get out of a customization.

And your answer is to water it down further?

Take out any remaining nuance and just erase Void Elves in lieu of high elves because random people want them? Actual void elf fans just have to deal I guess…

I’ll never agree with that sort of mentality.

Blizzards main goal with their races is in specifically breaking the molds that are normal to them.

Like with Orcs.

Like with Blood Elves.

Like with Void Elves.

Aside from some of the humans in game and previously high elves a little bit the races of WoW have been anything but typical.

For someone who claims to know us all I don’t think you know much about me.

They’re just former farstriders who went with Umbric… They got caught in the same trap and became void elves like all the others…

I encourage you to actually respond to them rather than passive aggressively call out the part where they tell you off.

They make a fine point… you don’t know much about many of us. You sit on a high horse and act the fool.

Further None of our requests outclass the others.

5 Likes