Void Elves are still Void Elves

Or bare with me, instead of ripping the void out of void elves they could either;

A. Make HE a playable race
B. Make Half elves a playable race or
C. Instead of of complaining about VE we can instead suggest race diversity in the playable army of the light!

Got to give you credit. You at least stick to your guns on this. xD

1 Like

This thread seems like cope. It’s a yikes from me bud

They should of done either of these from the beginning, but for whatever reason, Blizzard has decided to begin adding the High Elf aesthetic to Void Elves, if players see this as their “final compromise”, it’s not surprising they’re asking to be as close as possible to said aesthetic, wether it’s Paladin or regular hair styles.

It’s the harsh truth that the more popular Alliance elf would eat the less popular one if they’re both forced to be stuck under one umbrella when it comes to customization options.

And people wonder why void elf fans are up in arms with with the high elf fans at this point. Most of you may want just some options, but there is this under current of “Well the high elves should have just been chosen anyways so just turn the void elves in high elves.”

Not a fan.

The only ppl that accepted this as a compromise was the ppl that wanted the BE model. That is it, everyone else gotten upset over it. We still don’t get the silver covenent lore, we still don’t get the real uncurrupted HE feel, and we still will create more threads for them. It’s not over yet buddy. not even close.

1 Like

What is with this buddy thing? xD

Also, i don’t mind the compromise. I just wish people would stop trying to push the finish line on things.

We just want options to look, now racials, now classes, now throw in some helf lore…You know they were around first… maybe make the velf lore secondary… Now just call them helfs…

Trust me…it’s a slippery slope.

2 Likes

It’s great you’re a fan of Void Elves and all, but you seriously have to understand that the entire reason a carbon copy blood elf rig was added to the Alliance under the name Void Elf was for the express purpose of trying to give the Alliance the High Elves they’ve been asking for, and it didn’t work.

Not only is it not what was asked for, Blizzard put the nail in the coffin by refusing to develop them further past their introduction and a few appearances in BFA.

If Blizzard is going to begin adding the High Elf aesthetic to something as empty as Void Elves have been, you cannot sit there and tell me that people aren’t allowed to ask for an exploration of the more popular aesthetic, especially if it is there only avenue to do so.

This is a crappy situation, but you have to stop pretending Void elves were anything other than an interesting and unexplored niche and a bad attempt at adding the overwhelmingly more popular High Elves.

I completely agree, I’m not a fan of what’s happening, but I’m working with what’s being presented to me.

If there’s an avenue to make it the honest to god solution for everyone, im all for it.

1 Like

So if blizz calls the BE skin a “done” and not add more customizations, leading to your “HE” to have tenticle hair, would you still be satisfied?

Ask all you want. I can’t stop you and wouldn’t if I could.

Don’t assume that I won’t be just as vocal.

I don’t care why they were added. They’re here, they’re interesting, and some of us want them to stay around as they are.

It doesn’t stop Void Elves from being Void Elves. In that scenario you can still be a Void Elf using void themed racials.

This isn’t my quote but I saw it in another thread like this. It’s the sad truth that if the High Elf aesthetic becomes more popular than Void Elves that goes to show Void Elves weren’t the right option from the start.

If it were up to me High Elves would have been our allied race in the first batch instead of Void Elves. Void Elves still would have been a thing but as a sub group/customization to High Elves.

And the racials and they’re appearance shouldn’t change just cause someone wants paladins to be available to VE

I can agree with this. VE shouldn’t had existed, but it grew on ppl and earned it’s own right to stay.

It actually was added because blizz truely beleived alliance wanted BE’s which is why they tied the BE story to them.

Not even remotely, which is why I’m in favor for more High Elf customizations to add in top of what was already datamined.

It’s a shame the avenue has to be through Void Elves but what else is to be done if this is “their answer”, keep asking for honest to god High Elves?

As of now, it’s too early for that, it seems like a wait and see situation.

I promise you that the Void elf voice is less vocal than the demand for High Elves as a whole, if the demand for High Elves wasn’t there, there wouldn’t be Void Elves.

I would be more on your side if Void elves were anything other than “a void niche”, because even to this day, in an old god expansion, they have had 0 development.

And they’re most likely going to, but if they shift more towards having more High Elf aesthetics than Void Elf aesthetics, you were told why.

Seems like not even Blizzard knows what their group of High Elves that they continue to show, is. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

(It did the thing were I ran out of posts for the day as Zareem)

Like it’s so weird. “Hey, can we use your race to rp our race since our race isn’t really playable?”

Sure no problem at all.

“Cool…but since they won’t give us the race we want, we’re going to push for them to just turn your race into the one we want to play”

Oh…ok cool. Cool cool cool.

Be as vocal as you want. Maybe it is a lost cause, but I’m still not going to give up. Blizzard gave you guys some options that’s all, and until that changes. I’ll keep up the idea that more than a few of us want void elves and not just high elves.

Wildhammer dwarves are still bronzebeard dwarves, and yet i am happy with it

I do like that just a couple of hours ago, you Cez were on here telling everyone “No, all we want is options. We don’t want to negate the void elfs” and now your literally like “Eh, to heck with them. No one cares about the void elves or their fans.”

Like I got whiplash

You get that this is essentially what Blizzard has done correct?

Listen dude, you do you, I’m happy that someone found joy in a race with 0 story.

But you don’t get to tell High Elf fans that they don’t get to ask for more High Elf customization options just because they’re unfortunately glued to your favorite race.

In a contest between a race with honest to god backstory in WoW like High Elves and a race that was introduced for the sole purpose of trying to give High Elves, it’s obvious which one comes out on top in this situation, as crappy as that is.

1 Like

Then ask them to add it to; Instead of of complaining about VE we can instead suggest race diversity in the playable army of the light!

We do not have to delete the void elf race just cause you want to pretend them as HE’s

You seem to keep reading over the part where I said, you have every right to keep asking. Just as I have every right to ask for void elves to stay where they are.

I’m getting tired of writing out that I’m hoping you guys get high elves and that I don’t think you should stop asking for what you want, but if you’re going to keep strawmanning me…what’s the point of having this discussion.

1. No elf is my favorite when KTs exist. (and worgen followed by mechagnomes followed by pandaran followed by vulpera then orc then dwarf)
  1. Sorry, I respect your opinion, but it is an opinion. It’s my opinion that ves are infinitely more interesting because they haven’t been explored yet. Yea, they need fleshing out, but at least they have somewhere to go. Hes are fantasy standard, and I’m glad you like them, but I find them really boring.

No, sorry.

In that scenario which you quoted, it is not an opinion, it is fact that High Elves have infinitely more story in World of Warcraft when compared to Void Elves, High Elves in the Alliance have been around in Alliance stories and quests since Vanilla.

Void Elves were introduced 2 years ago and have done nothing since. They are a niche with no history that’s about it.

It is only natural to expect more people to favor the race that is more popular and has more history and lore in WoW, High Elves do, Void Elves do not, this is fact.

Me favoring High Elves over Void Elves is an opinion.

This is an opinion.

The overall popularity between High Elves and Void Elves, favoring High Elves is not an opinion.

1 Like