Void Elves are still Void Elves

But making HE take ove the VE theme is not a must or should. There is a thousand ways to do this right and this is not it.

You’re absolutely right.

That doesn’t mean that Blizzard is thinking the same, if they think this is our High Elf option, what other choice do high elf fans have than to make it our option.

I wished we lived in a world where Blizzard didn’t make this mistake in the first place, and it completely and utterly sucks for the people who became fond of Void Elves, but it also can’t be ignored that Void Elves were not expanded enough to have an overwhelming following like High Elves have had, and for a lot longer.

As harsh as this is to say, it could be possible that Blizzard sees Void elves as the sacrificial goat to make this happen. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just because it’s, on here, the majority opinion doesn’t mean it’s not an opinion.

I have just as much right to ask for void elves to stay the same as you or anyone else has to ask for them become high elves

This right here. stop, your rewarding blizz on taking the lazy way out. It will lead to a precedent to allow blizz to give less and less things in the future. If they do this now, what’s to say in the future where they call a single zone expansion worthy? one dungeon the only content in an expansion? What’s to stop it? Or even copy pasting favorite dungeons into new ones and say pretend it’s a new dungeon?

NO, I’m a pure elf.

You’re really not understanding what is being told to you.

This.

Isn’t an opinion, understand?

It is literally, impossible for Void Elves to be as popular or more popular than High Elves have been, Void Elves weren’t requested for 15+ years, no one even knew Void Elves existed till 2 years ago.

It is fact, that High Elves are more popular than Void Elves.

Especially in this scenario, where Void Elves haven’t even been expanded in the 2 years players have had them. This isn’t an opinion, i’m sorry dude.

An opinion is this: I, personally think High Elves are more interesting than Void Elves.

You most certainly do, but like I’ve been trying to explain to you, the outcry to keep Void Elves the same, is not even remotely as big as the outcry for playable High Elves that has been for the past 15+ years.

Not even remotely, i’m heavily criticizing this decision as being the absolute worst way to implement High Elves, but i’m also thinking realistically.

I can’t see Blizzard officially adding these customization options to Void Elves in Shadowlands AND adding a separate and differentiated High Elf AR to the Alliance later down the road, it seems like the most unlikely scenario.

I never said that wasn’t fact. Reread what I wrote. I said that, even if it is the popular opinion, thinking that the helves are better is an opinion. That’s all.

Up until like two days ago, if you were told that high elves not becoming a playable race was the popular vote (not saying its true. Just hypothetically), would this stop you from still asking for the race to be playable?

This isn’t a sentence.

sorry. typing during combat. I mean if you were told that high elves not becoming a playable race… etc.

Edited to make more sense.

I think Blizzard realizes that nonvoid Alliance high elves are sufficient to drive an entire expansion, and they don’t want to use up the concept without extracting maximum value from it.

Really they should schedule 10.x right now as the Alliance high elf versus Horde manari eredar expansion.

The thing with this scenario is that it isn’t based in concrete lore like High Elves actually are.

The only reason I became a High Elf AR fan was because, High Elves were an obvious and popular choice for the Alliance based in actual, in-game lore, they already had a foundation.

You’re asking a what if that isn’t realistic.

I did mention that it was a hypothetical… Please read my full posts.

It’s a comparison. To explain why I’m not going to just be quiet on the fact that I want void elves to stay void elves.

Also, high elves have good foundation, but void elves have lots of potential.

Also also, high elves may be the most popular vote between the two. But I think between those who don’t want high elves because of blood elves, those who don’t want high elves because of spite, those who want void elves to stay, those who want high elves and void elves, and those who want high elves but are just okay with the extra customization options: I don’t think the popular vote has as wide a margin as you think it does.

1 Like

No one told you to be quite, i’m just telling you to be realistic when you’re arguing this topic and to understand where the customization requests come from, if this turns out to hurt the Void Elves, you have no one but Blizzard to blame.

They didn’t think Void Elves were important enough to develop past their introduction 2 years ago, how do you expect people to respect an unpopular choice if it means risking their extremely popular choice?

I promise you that people would rather give more High Elf customization to an empty husk of a race more than to protect Void elves who were created to try and be High Elves from the beginning, it’s harsh but true. :man_shrugging:

Everyone keeps referring to the void elves getting the “high elf aesthetic”. Where does Blizzard say anywhere that this is even the case?

They just said void elves were getting different skin/eye color options. There has been no mention of high elves whatsoever in this scenario and it seems like people are just kinda pulling this outta the air anyways.

Can anyone source anything official from blizzard saying this is the “high elf aesthetic”?

Why are people so interested in Elves?
I don’t understand.

1 Like

IMO I think that void elves should not get the pale/pink skins as the void corrupts.
I also believe blood elves should not get dark skin tones either.

2 Likes

You’re drawing definitive conclusions based on assumptions. That’s why.

The game doesn’t differentiate Alleria from Void Elves, or blue skinned Void Elves from peachy skinned ones. We know that there are multiple ways to make Void Elves and that the methods all create the same creature, with the same abilities.

Also, new Void Elves can still choose blue skintones so there’s absolutely no evidence to show that the new method of creating Void Elves can’t turn them blue as well.

Anything you want to headcanon beyond that is just that: headcanon.

2 Likes

Promise all you like. I think there are enough pro void elf and anti high elf people to bridge the gap.

Until Blizzard official puts the name high elf to a playable character directly, I’m going to continue asking for void elf stuff. You can tell me “I told you so” when the change the race over. I’ll buy you a drink.

Don’t make promises you can’t keep. There is plenty of ppl that don’t want VE to be intruded with HE themes.

Top of that thread.

And there’s even more who want full-fledged High Elves my dude, it frankly isn’t a competition.

Especially if the thing they’re protecting was a ham-fisted, 0 development, excuse for what was overwhelmingly more asked for.