Void Elves are still Void Elves

And plenty more that wants them as they’re own race. What’s your point?

Okay but this article does not mention high elves anywhere and neither does Ion’s tweet.

It says void elves are getting blood elf skin tones.

1 Like

He don’t need to, their actions speaks for themselves.

They’re the same, but go off.

The point is that, if you wan’t to argue that Void Elves are more popular than High Elves in World of Warcraft, you’d lose.

I think you are right, but there is a bit of conjecture. For all we know, the could have just wanted to give void elves options to look less void-y. Or the could have just wanted to make sure the alliance was getting something when they gave the blood elves more customization.

You’re probably correct, but since nothing has been said, its a lot of guessing about what the intent was.

The arguement is that you want VE to turn into HE, which all 3 parties don’t want except for the ppl that wants the BE model on the alliance.

I can see that, but the “don’t give void elves options, because we don’t want them to be high elves” people are even worse.

The fact is, Alleria is the most senior void elf. The fact is, Alleria has light skin and blonde hair and turns blue only occasionally. The default coloring for void elves should thus be light skin and blonde hair, and that has been true since void elves were released. It was the blue skin and hair that never really made sense, except maybe Umbric and a dozen or two acolytes.

We’ve had to wait two years, and it’s about time void elves get the options they should have had two years ago. And for the race to have any kind of diversity, it needs other Scandinavian customizations, too, namely various shades of nonpurply red hair.

All that has nothing to do with their being a stand in for high elves. The “don’t give them too much, because they shouldn’t exist in the first place” from blood elf mains is BS. The “don’t give them too much, because we need real high elves” from high elf full race hopefuls is BS. Void elves are a race now, like it or not, and light natural skin tones and blonde and red hair are customizations void elves need for their own, void elf lore reasons.

How is it worse that we just don’t want a race we like to be completely changed.

I want you to have high elf stuff. I wouldn’t even care if it was it’s on playable race.

The only thing I don’t want is for the void elf race to be erased for high elf fans to get what they want.

2 Likes

I don’t want Void Elves to turn into anything, it’s a mistake.

My general consensus to this discussion is this:

If it’s a competition between expanding the High Elf story and aesthetic using Void Elves, versus, keeping the Void Elves the empty story husk they’ve been for 2 years.

It’s obvious which one would win.

If that is what your worried about then consider alleria’s story the VE story. While it sucks they don’t have much you need to remember the concept of Allied races was that they’re story is light, or support charecters to support the core races.

Uhh… just because you shoot ice and fire out of your hands doesn’t rule out any and all logic. That’s like saying that Thrall and C’thun are in a romantic relationship because it’s a fantasy game and logic just doesn’t exist apparently

1 Like

I’ll side with you on one condition.

They stay void elves and they continue to get void elf lore and customization options.

1 Like

This is what was originally requested, which is why when i tell you to point your outrage at anyone, it should be Blizzard.

I don’t need you to side with me, i’m telling you what is logical, that’s all.

Seems like Blizzard disagrees with you because the first opportunity given to expand Void Elf customization options, they gave them High Elf aesthetics and nothing Void related.

And they did that because it is the more popular option of the two, like i’ve told you 4 times in this thread: There is no competition between High Elves and Void Elves, High Elves win popularity every time, and it absolutely sucks that they had to be glued to Void Elves to “try” and make them a thing.

Dude, you’re putting attacks on me that I’m not doing. I’ve always been a pro high elf ally. I just want to make sure that you getting yours doesn’t come at the expense of what I like.

I don’t think that’s unfair.

Check every one of my posts on the subject. I’ve always said that I don’t care if the Helves got to be playable, and that if they aren’t anyone who wanted to use the new customization, on either side, to play a high elf, should be allowed to do so.

1 Like

Void elves have participated in the faction war (ed. in this expansion) more than high elves, and much more relative to their small numbers. Numerous quest lines, including repeatable quests, feature void elves - both Alleria and, especially, Umbric, but also several times when void gates are opened to facilitate void elf reinforcements.

Now, it’s true that void elves have participated much less in the old gods quest lines. Partly that’s because they were recruited especially for, and are thus more interested in, the faction war. Maybe partly it’s because the Anduin/Baine faction mistakenly thinks void elves’ ability to control the void wouldn’t be useful against old gods, or because they correctly think the void elves might not want to cooperate with the Horde. Given the expansion’s focus on faction war, though, that hasn’t really limited void elf participation that much.

Do high elves have more background and richer lore? Sure, they’ve got 20 years worth, ten times as much as void elves do. That doesn’t mean void elf background should be ignored, though.

1 Like

You say that, but you got the extra customization. We got…the original customization, the extra customization, the racials, the lore, the classes, the name, the homeworld, the leader… I mean… I’m okay with this. Until Blizzard starts changing things, I think there’s enough evidence to say that blizzard likes void elves just as much as any other AR.

1 Like

Actually she has white hair. I still don’t think they should get fair skin, but I can accept it if it just stays that far. They keep the tenticle hair and features that show they messed with the void.

If you want different looks, I suggest you either advocate for half elves, or HE to be playable or

I don’t know where you think i’m attacking you and your likes, because i’m not, i’m telling you what is happening in this crap situation in relation to High Elves and Void Elves.

This has nothing to do with me not wanting you to keep Void Elves, because i want everyone to keep everything.

But Blizzard saw it fit to combo High Elves into Void Elves, and this is the reality we have to think about now.

Maybe that’s true, but until such time as Blizzard starts changing the race to high elf on more that a couple of new customization…I’ll continue to believe that void elves are going to continue being a thing.

Which is a reality that allot ppl is not going to accept. Not all high elves would want to dabble with the void. Most certainly not the Silver covenent ones.