Void Elf Customizations?

why are blood elves so hostile…
gurl… let these pooor people have their high elves…

but if they give blood elf males jewelry…
i would be a horde main all day.

(Commentary): Something you just don’t seem to be willing to accept is the sheer low effort of copy/pasting existing assets. In reality, Void Elves didn’t get any disproportionate treatment compared to anyone else. They got touched up like other Allied Races did. Blood Elves got actual new stuff, and no, not just gender-locked jewelry, they also got ear length options, new hairstyles, new facial hair, etc…

(Commentary): And I will point out that, ‘unfair,’ is an entirely subjective value. What you consider unfair, others don’t. We can agree to disagree, but at the same time, I don’t remember anyone raising such fuss when Blood Elves got Gold Eyes during BFA development. I don’t remember anyone saying, “They’re taking time away from developing Void Elves! They said core races aren’t getting anything new!” All I recall seeing were a few congratulations and then back to talking about making Void Elves better, or just adding High Elves outright.

6 Likes

Well… Their racial uniqueness, visually speaking, was taken from them, they weren’t generally jazzed about void elves being given to the Alliance in the first place, and while void elves got a whole new narrative blood elves got useless jewelry and not even a whiff of the things they were on the whole requesting.

It sure doesn’t feel even. And I support Alliance high elves.

Of course I don’t speak for anyone else but me, but I’ve seen similar thoughts passed around.

5 Likes

oh honey i’m just here for the party… and i’m bored.
i could care less about forum drama.

https://media.giphy.com/media/nbOKy1r3wwDrK0LODS/giphy.gif

3 Likes

oh damn…
i got… GOT!

1 Like

This is absurd. Male blood elf should have jewelry too. Maybe belf players should make a thread for belf requests, because i always see people trying to stop others from getting things for their favorite race instead of asking for things they want for their races.

2 Likes

I complained. Orcs and blood elves were the first races to get added customization in the whole game, and it still doesnt sit well with me. It wasn’t a fit or anything, but I wasn’t cool with it either.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/continuation-of-new-customisation-options-for-void-elves-blood-elves-misc-high-elves/593526

They did. It’s also for high elf and void elves. But most folk just choose to argue.

1 Like

Do as they please, we are all on a public forum, and as you push for more over core races who are across the board lackluster you aren’t entitled to support, or to a lack of dissenting opinions.

2 Likes

Wait… What was wrong with upright orcsies? If anything that’s bringing it more in line with WC3 era lore…

2 Likes

(Commentary): I mean… okay? Do what you want I suppose. Two years of people going, “No,” and arguing against High Elves didn’t stop anything. Precedent doesn’t suggest that your position will be effective, but you spend your time as you want. Tear down other people’s requests.

2 Likes

Nobody cares how easy it was for you to win the lottery, its the fact thats what happened.

You keep trying to pass over the fact VE’s got better attention during core race customizations. They gave fans a second visual theme that is a big deal. That is more than what they considered of BE fan requests during core race customizations.

I mean you don’t have the hair to show for it so maybe some people did make an impression with Blizzard.

Not to mention they literally added it because Mag’har used existing textures from WoD rather than making new assets and they had to add something.

I’m not offended that they got upright postures. I’m irritated that they did it for two horde races and two horde races only and then eventually night elves got a weird eye/skin option, but no other alliance races got anything.

I’m just saying that if you are unhappy with belf customisations you should make concise feed back for blizzard. It would help them to know what exactly they could do and which new options they should add first for blood elves.

2 Likes

void elves needed some love and they got some because that love was easy to provide.
its fairly obvious.

They will likely get some other cute things when the allied races get some updates.

Blood elf males should get more stuff too… and i hope they do.
A hoop earing on a male blood elf would be…
EVERYTHING!

1 Like

Hello OP…I hear 2006 Calling you.

Mmm.

What alliance race would have needed such?

Orcs got admittedly something that should have just been from vanilla on.

Belves got something story related.

Who on the alliance side needed it before everyone was given more options?

In your opinion I mean?

Those threads exist it was linked to you above, I find it pertinent to remind Blizzard in this thread and ones like it that this AR was given unprecedented attention at the cost of core races. Others comment for the same reasons or various others like against any further HE requests for the AR at all, and atm I agree in terms of anything else being taken from BE’s to do so.

They needed for nothing, of all the AR’s Nightborne comes to mind, another joke I find in poor taste.