Vanquisher Title Removed as of 8.1?

Since the release of 8.1, my account has somehow been unflagged for my Vanquisher account-bound title and I have lost it on all the characters that had it before the patch. I don’t know what other titles are bugged, but this was from 8-9 years ago and was given by hand by Blizzard, which is why it took a few weeks after the ATRs ended to get your pet/titles. As far as I know, there was only an achievement for the 2013 ATR.

This title was very important to me and I have absolutely no clue why anything in 8.1 would affect it. I have thousands of screenshots of my characters with the title, I have screenshots from the two ATR runs where I achieved the requirements, and I can even dig up the character names of my teammates and I on the realms. Tickets have done nothing to help :frowning:

6 Likes

Bump, please address this Blizz, this is a rare title from 7+ years ago and I doubt there are many even left. :frowning:

2 Likes

Holy crap, thank you for reporting this. i just realized my Vanquisher title is no longer active. Please fix this blizz!

1 Like

Mine is missing as well. i got mine during the season 2 arena tournament. i opened a ticket as well.

yap
only those who got top 1k in 2013 still have the title (because of the FoS)

hopefully it’ll be fixed soon even though it’s a pvp issue

probably a good idea to keep this visible as it’s an issue that doesn’t affect many people and likely to be ignored

Bump

10 characters

bumpage.

also why does it change the toon I’m posting on every time I log in?!

edit:
very good news indeed thank you for reopening your ticket so they actually told you it’s being worked on. my own ticket left me very sad “we know about it but can’t help you” >.<
can’t wait to get my titles back!

From what I’ve read from another thread, it was an intentional change for some reason.

I submitted an achievement ticket, a bug report, and a forum post. Here is my correspondence with the GMs.

My Vanquisher title has dissapeared since patch 8.1

Stabalicious
I earned this title back in Season 2 or 3 from placing top 1000 on the tourny realm. This has affected all my characters that had the title from that time.

This achievement may have been officially earned on my Warlock “Kaidame” or my Rogue “Stabalicious”. But I can’t remember since all my characters from that time have since used the title.

Please bring back my title!

Blizzard Response #1

Greetings, I apologize for the problem you have run into when trying to complete this achievement. Unfortunately we will not be able to directly complete the achievement on your character’s behalf or provide any rewards related to it at this time. In order to trigger the achievement it will be necessary to run through the criteria again.

If the achievement appears to be broken due to a bug, please be sure to submit an in-game bug report. While reports submitted in this fashion do not receive a response, they create a contextualized report for our development teams and help ensure the broken achievement can be quickly fixed for all our players.

To report a bug in-game:

• Click Help to open the Customer Support window.
  • Click Submit Bug.
  • Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  • Click Submit.

You might also want to check our forums, or fan sites (such as wowhead) for any skills, quests, items, or NPCs that are a part of this bugged achievement. You may find helpful instructions from other players about the issue along with potential solutions or work arounds.

Bug Report Forum: **Link provided in Email
Known Issues Forum: **Link provided in Email

Your ticket was identified to be about the issue addressed above. If this is not the case, please respond so a Game Master can manually review it.

Stabalicious (Response)
You completely misunderstood my ticket. I ALREADY ACHIEVED THIS TITLE. I am NOT requesting for you to give me an achievement that I have not earned. I have been using this title on this character for the better part of 6 years. This title randomly dissapeared on my character after patch 8.1. So maybe this should go in the bug report, but this is absolutely NOT something that I can simply reachieve. You need to fix this problem. I will be submitting a bug report as well but I would like another response from you recognizing the problem properly.

Thank you,

GM Rinamos Response
Good evening Austin! This is Game Master Rinamos!

I got your ticket about your Vanquisher title that went missing, and I am here to have a look.
This is indeed a known issue that is being looked into currently. I appreciate that you sent up a bug report about this, as that is definitely the route to go for this. I am not sure how long it will be being worked on, but it should be addressed ASAP!

One current theory I have seen is that this is relating specifically to 8.1, and is only effecting characters that have logged in post-8.1. In case that is the case, I would recommend temporarily “shelving” at least one character that has the title. Since the title should be account-wide for any characters above level 70, and you have a level 73 Shamman that hasn’t logged in since before the patch (Aixl), I would recommend not logging in with that character at all until this issus is sorted out, just in case.

Have a great day, and may all your loot be LEGENDARY!

Looks like there’s finally a Game Master who acknowledges that this is a bug and not something intentional.

yay good news

(I’m skyfanger)

what the hell is wrong with these new forums??? every time I log in it switches my toon and I can’t reply 3s with skyfanger because it’s a ‘new user’???
so far I absolutely hate the new forums wow (sorry for going off topic, good to know they are looking into getting us our titles back!)

Mine is gone as well :frowning: Its like the only title i care about and was only available on my warrior whom i played back then… Please fix this!

1 Like

Bump for lost titles :frowning:

bumpage … still missing titles

I hate to say it but blizzard only saves game data at max for like 2 months and this achievement is from a tournament server 7 years ago.

If the patch really purged the achievement and the data is no longer stored server side they may not know who to give the achievement back to without proof :frowning:

looks like they really messed up.

Bumped. Not sure why they didn’t make a FOS for earning the achievement before season X. Season X being the first season when they started giving the achievement.

Bump. Still missing. Also have an untouched character on armory with the title still equipped.

Bump, title still missing no update from Devs.

Bump, nothing from the devs :frowning: