Blizzard took away Vanquisher title from players, and refuse to give it back

“This title was earned by participating in the Arena Tournament Realm and achieving a team rating within the top 1000 at the end of the first qualifier. You also had to have a certain number of games played to be eligible to receive the title (for the 2010 Arena Tournament it was 100 games played).”

When 8.1 hit, players who earned this title were surprised to find this prestigious title missing, but moreso was the response from Blizzard itself when they began making tickets.

-“The title “Vanquisher” is now listed as the reward for a 2013 Achievement/FoS called “Tournament Glory 2013”.”

Which means players who rightfully earned this title between 2009 and 2012 will not recover this title as according to Blizzard, despite having it for years, are no longer eligible.

Source 1: VANQUISHER Title - Consolidated Information

More Sources:

Personally, this isn’t fair at all. Its shameful. What do you think?

22 Likes

I never got that title so I don’t care.

However, it is lame if what you describe is happening. I mean, for someone to have it for all of these years just to have it removed.

That makes no sense.

7 Likes

Tackling the most important issues first. Good job blizz!

10 Likes

So they are pruning TITLES now?

16 Likes

Why was it removed if you already earned it? got to be more the reason they gave. They generally don’t remove stuff as silly as this unless its game breaking :rofl:

I just saw this thread, couldn’t find the Blizzard response that it’s only for the 2013 Tournament.

I had it since 2009 only on my warrior. I logged in after 8.1 to find out that it’s gone.

After opening a ticket a GM told me that they were investigating what the issue was and they were working on a fix for it and even if he were to give me the Vanquisher title it would disappear after logging out and back in because he tried with someone else.

The GM did however assure me that I was eligible to get my title back but hopefully they don’t forget about it and I hope the GM was right or else I’m just about ready to quit the game.

This was a prestigious title and we paid money and worked hard to be on that realm and to be in the top 1000. It’s just not fair, we’ve had the title for 9 years.

9 Likes

So someone lost a title from 7 to 10 years ago and it is a big deal ? I wouldn’t even notice it to be honest and that is a long time ago to be holding onto past glories.

1 Like

Someone may have been using that title for 7-10 years.

14 Likes

Taking titles took precedence over nerfing BFA Pet battle exp.

I never got the title, but I feel badly for the players who earned it and now don’t have it (?!?!?)

This makes no sense and I do hope you all get it back.

3 Likes

Sounds pretty lame on blizzs part

Why wouldn’t I? People who have Grand Marshal or Immortal or Undying or Hand of A’dal shouldn’t care when they lose their titles as well?

It’s a very unique title.

5 Likes

No, dear. Unobtainable, exclusive titles are holding onto past glories far beyond their expiration date. They should be removed when their source is removed!
/s

This is the 2nd title I’m aware of now that vanished with 8.1. Head Master/Mistress is also MIA. People were told to report it as a bug in game and I don’t think there’s been an update on that one. They seem to break more things every patch lately. Anyone missing this title should report it as a bug and hopefully they will figure it out soon. Good luck!

Well OP asked what we thought and I said what I thought. I personally don’t think this is a big deal, it wouldn’t be for me.

It’s not a big deal to you (or me, for that matter) because you don’t have the title and haven’t equipped it or given it a thought in 10 years. The people who earned it through PvP competitions and used it every day they logged onto their characters to remind themselves of some good ol’ days waking up and noticing it’s suddenly gone? To them, it’s a big deal because something they worked for was removed without any warning whatsoever. It’s a bug that needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

I sincerely hope this gets fixed and was not intended.

1 Like

I believe I saw this in the Reddit post a few days ago from another player who made numerous contacts with Blizzard. He did confirm in the last contact that its something they will address supposedly.

I have sent in multiple tickets, and finally got somewhat of a response. Their suggestion was to shelf a character and not log into it until the issue is resolved. The only problem is that myself and multiple other people I have seen, logged into most or all of their toons for the rep normalization to unlock the exalted rep achievements. They first told me that since I didn’t have the FoS from 2013 that there was nothing they could do. Then I resubmitted my ticket informing them that I got it prior to 2013 running cupid cleave and then they threw out the “shelf a toon” solution. Still no concrete answer on a fix yet which is extremely frustrating.

4 Likes

Taking away a rightfully earned reward is straight up amoral. If this is what happened, Blizz needs to address it.