[Update 10/3] Character Restoration Now Available

I posted this almost 3 months ago Deleted characters from a long time ago are showing up in Beta Character Copy selection screen no response, though

None of those 14 character’s names are available to be used on new characters, so that is a serious bug and has to be fix. Plus, one of the level 10s appears under View All Characters on the official website, as well as being able to search for it. All 14 should’ve been permanently deleted.

So it might be part of the reason why they disabled it, other than the other serious bugs that started around early June.

For everyone who needs to know the truth about this. I have tried as of yesterday requesting to restore a character of mine which was deleted (im not saying accidentally and ill explain why).
-I have opened multiple tickets and after fighting the AI responses finally spoke to a GM and they stated they cannot and WILL NOT restore any characters.
-I even explained to them that a well known UI bug with the new warband interface will select a character but not fully select it and when going to delete a character sometimes can select the wrong character for deletion.
-simply put, they do not care and will not restore your character now matter how nice you ask or explain to them that it is your only character you play.
-they told us this would be a couple weeks until its up and well lets see… ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS.

• im so excited to not play my main at season 1 start that I just grinded full PVP gear on enchants and had all my gold on instead ill be leveling another toon from scratch which the GM responding to my ticket said I should do in the meantime.
    -what a joke
5 Likes

When the service Will be available again?

2 Likes

It’s been THREE MONTHS. Please get off of your collective asses and do your jobs.

5 Likes

Three months? Wow, that’s bad. I just came back to the game for TWW and thought this was going on for like, a few weeks. Sheesh.

1 Like

i think when season start

This really needs to be fixed blizz. I was looking forward to restoring my druid for TWW based on the class changes. What is the hold up?

so ??? When it will be back ???

Nearly two weeks into TWW and this is still turned off? And there is no hope for people who had their characters deleted due to an account being hacked… I feel that this is a massive oversight that was able to be corrected even in your original classic release!

1 Like

:frowning:

/10char

1 Like

As a chronic alt leveler and deleter, when can I restore some of my 70s?

Also can you remove the 7days waiting period?

2 Likes

Forget being hacked. The weird way the new login screen works had people deleting their mains instead of what they intended because the screen was defaulting to the top without looking like it was defaulting to the top of the list.

I’ve had to mail any character I don’t want deleted a piece of junk to sit in their mailbox so it’s harder to accidentally delete them when I’m doing clean up.

1 Like

They have beem deliberately shady and childish about this entire situation. Watching my spouse fight with them about it. They literally had an old low level warlock selected, up on the screen when they typed delete and poof, their main they just got done doing TWW leveling plot is gone…

They very much could fix this and the fact that they won’t speaks horribly of them.

4 Likes

Where’s the restore blizz?

Still waiting on this ‘couple of weeks’ fix.
Saw various redditor’s who got nice ticket responses and had their toon’s restored.
Lost my decade old toon and would like her back. :skull:

5 Likes

Sooooooooo. cough

2 weeks ago I made a ticket and they told me few weeks.
Yday I made a ticket and told me the same thing.

I also saw people that got their chars back so thats why I made a new ticket yday and asked as nice as i could to get my chars back. But no…

Just found this post from Jul 2… I never knew people had been waiting this long…
I just want my chars back before S1 so I can get to 80 before S1…

any…day…now…
:melting_face:

Most recent response they said they cannot bypass the limitation. Which is weird because some GMs have done so. I guess it’s just a matter of reopening the ticket until you get a good GM? Seems to be disparate service.

1 Like

I tried the reopening of my ticket… It did not work! But they told me that in same cases it did for some people… But at the same time telling me they do such thing… Pretty little liers xD

1 Like