[Update 10/3] Character Restoration Now Available

So it’s been over 2 months now - would be nice if we could get an update on this issue. Will we ever be able to restore characters again, or is this just silently being ignored? (A ticket seems to be no real option with people waiting for weeks, or if you have multiple deleted characters and don’t remember which realms they are on, etc…)

4 Likes

I have a feeling they broke something with it with warbands and just don’t want to fix it.

We need this! Time for Alt(deleted) season 1!

1 Like

Please stop bumping this thread. We don’t care that you deleted your character and changed your mind. You typed DELETE, you made your bed, now lay in it.

well, no… the maid does that.
:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

2 Likes

pulls up covers

I am laying in it. I had a level 14 selected, typed DELETE and it deleted my level 70 monk instead, this happened on prepatch and was likely a bug with the character select screen. Still waiting for them to fix it.

Thanks for bumping it as well.

5 Likes

It hasn’t been ‘over two months’. This post went out to give players notice that it’d be down starting with the prepatch update, which was on July 24. It hasn’t even been two months yet.

Now I’ll get torn apart over a month and a half still being too long for something like this to be fixed, but let’s not exaggerate how long it’s been. :dracthyr_comfy_green:

1 Like

Don’t worry though, it was all going to be fixed and right as rain in “a few weeks”.

It’s evidently proving problematic to fix, and we know they’re working on it. All they’d be able to do is say ‘we’re still working on it’ which kinda goes without saying, so we just have to keep waiting until it’s up and running again.

Presumably, but I’d love to see just a quick official one sentence “it’s more complicated than we thought, we’re still working on it” update.

Would it change anything about the speed? No. Would it make me feel all nice and happy that a solution is still in progress? Absolutely!

1 Like

Latest update. If you ask for more than one GM to look at it they threaten action on your account.

So, final answer, Blizzard made an error, doesn’t have a fix and despite the fact that some GMs HAVE fixed it, they’re now just uniformly saying they don’t care that their game messed up.

Are you being ignorant on purpose or what? Because there is a bug that causes the wrong character to be deleted. Happened to me and many other people with their main characters.

5 Likes

There is also a CD on restoring a character. 7 days. I hope they add this so we can restore more chars cause it’s been so long.

I call BS on this

Stop deleting your toons, that makes no sense lmao

Lol /face palm

1 Like

No, I’ll delete this druid right now!

2 Likes

It isn’t BS there’s even been blue responses on it in the support forums…

2 Likes

Yeah so I deleted the wrong alt and it had 100,000 gold on it. Please fix this feature as I really don’t want to lose that!

PS. I much preferred when all of the characters were properly split on their different realms!!

4 Likes

Please restore our chars now.

3 Likes

this had me dying idky haha
ur seriously one of my fave posters always funny lol

1 Like

2 months is not a “few” weeks. This should be a higher priority than making sure players can’t have fun in delves. Team is focused on the wrong things.

4 Likes