Upcoming Mistweaver Monk Tuning – March 29

MWs are the only healing spec in the entire game that always need to hard cast in order to get out meaningful healing in a pvp situation.

1 Like

Soothing mist wasn’t on GCD all through MoP, WoD and Legion, also that macro does not work. Trust me I tried it back then, also they are not as instant as you think, you still see a cast bar and have to wait for the global cooldown of vivify and envel mist. You can cast them really fast but usually a player like a rank 1 can interupt you fast enough on them no matter how fast you try and ‘sooth mist+envel mist’. This was the main thing that kept mw monks alive in those 3 expansions in pvp.
The only thing that kept them alive in BFA was the op azerite traits and then the versatility corruptions making them practically immune to damage when soothing mist (along with every other spell in the game were put on GCD).
With soothing mist on GCD mw monks will never be viable in fast pace pvp like it was in MoP to Legion.

Just checked archived pages for Soothing Mist in MoP and WoD, it was on gcd (1 sec and .5 sec respectively).

Can’t speak for Legion as I don’t know what the honour talent was under.

Seems like the place for honour talents then, otherwise we’d have a single spell that isn’t instant.

We shouldn’t have to sacrifice another good pvp talent for a “must take” talent that should just be a QoL change. I’m not saying it should be no gcd, but having it be a normal length GCD in the current state of the game is too long.

It’s already a reduced gcd.

1 Like

While you’re correct, it’s not nearly enough considering starting the channel on it’s own provides basically zero healing. In order for me to start healing for any decent amount requires 2-3 globals after starting the channel. Compared to just hitting radiance, serenity, NS regrowth, overgrowth, word of glory, holy shock, light of dawn, divine toll, unleash weapon, riptide.

This can’t be true, as it’s on a 1 sec GCD now, ask any mw monk who played in mop and wod it wasn’t on gcd this doesn’t make any sense. I mained mw monk al lthrough mop and wod and it was not on gcd at all. They put it on GCD in BFA on a 1 sec GCD that it’s on now.

This doesn’t make any sense 1 of those links says it was 1 sec GCD back then and the other says 500 miliseconds which is 0.5 seconds.
It’s the only reason I mained mw monk was because you could cast soothing mist then effuse or enveloping mist in 1 GCD.

So wait does that mean the GCD was from soothing mist and if you cast effuse and envel mist while channeling soothing mist it cancels out the GCD from effuse and envel mists. Because I can promise you 10000000000000% you only had 1 GCD when you cast soothing mist + effuse or envel mist. Unlike now where you have 2 GCD’S before you can cast any spell. You have 1 sec GCD from soothing mist and then the 1 sec GCD from vivfy or enveloping mist.
Every mw who pvp’d at whatever rating back in legion and mop can vouch for this, since I see it brought up on forums for mw since BFA changed it.

On a secondary thought, would the spell be any better if it was reduced channel with higher per second healing (simple idea being 4 sec channel for 110% per sec)?

Would the .5 second be such a huge upgrade? Not much of a pvp player so I don’t really know how important that kind of responsiveness is.

No, only because it would kind of destroy our choice legendary for pvp (clouded focus) the longer we can channel and the more vivifies/envelopings we can get the more value we receive.

Due to how fast paced pvp currently is losing out on 2-3 globals to put out real healing makes MW suffer pretty hard comparatively, once we get rolling though our throughput is probably the best in the game.

I’m starting to see the issue if our best throughput requires the globals you are already losing from.
I’d say just shuffle the legendary around for the lower channel but that’s basically just
‘while channeling soothing mist, healing with enveloping mist or vivify causes the next to heal for 60% more and cost 60% less’ due to how few globals are actually in the channel.

Mostly because while they aren’t comparable solo, they should be compared because it is the ONLY thing mistweaver can do, and is outdamaged by all abilities i mentioned, and while those over time ability occur, those classes can use even more dps abilities in the meantime. Therefore, spinning crane kick absolutely SHOULD outdamage conc/sunfire if you spam it but it currently does not.

The closest comparison would be priests mindsear/holy nova. And yes, even holy nova out damages spinning crane kick, and it also heals albeit a low amount.

In legion it was a passive after you cast vivify/effuse/enveloping mist
There was a talent to make it an active but it was on the GCD

That macro doesn’t work now because soom is on the GCD (a 1 second hasted gcd compared to our normal 1.5 hasted gcd)
In the modern game where you can cast vivify and enveloping mist through soothing mist
that macro would work and be the most optimal thing you could do

Blizzard really typically keeps spells that do direct healing and things of that natural all on the GCD evne if its a reduced gcd… still on the gcd

I remember always healing within that 1 sec during my fake casts. In 1 global I used soothing mist and effuse or enveloping mist. Now I’m unsure if when you cast something back then chanelling soothing mist it removed the GCD of envel… or effuse. Because I know for a fact that I used to cast sooth+effuse in 1 GCD. I played pvp as a mw monk every season throughout mop and wod, ALL the time.

But sadly from what i’ve learned from others the developers who played mw monk in pvp back then have all left. So that would explain why mw are so useless and slow reacting in pvp right now. Only 2-3% of healers played in 2v2 or 3v3 are mw monks, whereas all the other healers are played 10+% and holy priests 61%. (Check xunamate).

I can’t survive anymore with this extra soothing mist GCD, having to wait 2 GCD’s before you cast anything is ridiculous. Until they make soothing mist react the same way with vivfiy and envel mist like it was in mop and wod, mw’s are not coming back in pvp.

Ya now that I’ve gotten my 2 piece and double leggo. I am consistently either topping healing or healer dmg. If anyone out damages me, they are not even healing. I can do 2.5-3k dps while pushing 5 digit HPS.

It could also just mean that the MW is running content that’s too easy for them and their group. I regularly parse 99% (in dps) on normal mode Sep and I’m sitting at 50% overhealing despite not really trying to heal the raid. There is simply just isn’t enough damage going out that requires healing.

This goes away when you enter the middle/late tier Mythic encounters.

Once again, Blizz devs have failed to bring meaningful change to the MW class while having zero problem with 1 healing class in particular dominating all areas of PvP. So much for listening to the community or even attempting to try and bring under performing healing in line with the rest.

I cannot wait till Microsoft fully takes over. Hopefully then the devs are replaced with people who actually do their job.

2 Likes

Nothing what he said was mocking though. You are the one that started with that. 7rabbit just replied to the other guy who pvp’d “exclusively” for a decade but have only a few achieves to show for it. No one was talking about rating until you started by trying to mock him for challenger/rival.

I agree with feral and maybe outlaw. However, BM AoE (and in general) is too oogabooga to warrant a buff.

The buff wasn’t enough to close the gap. More is needed.

2 Likes

Can we get changes to WotC back to Legion standards? Increase the dps, make it immune to stuns like before and increase it’s armor. This is good for both PvP and PvE.