Unsubbed but

Still able to post :rofl::rofl:.

Not sure if it is a bug or it just takes awhile but its been almost a day so…just wanted to pass the info

I think it is intended where users can post in most forum sections while unsubbed now.

Yes, i am aware i am able to post on support and classic forums but i guess i wasn’t being specific here like GD/ off topic etc.

But in any case this has been resolved, i can no longer post there

I am positive that it’s a bug. It is part of whatever it is that makes the forums only update your account status on a fresh log in. It affects not only whether or not we can post, but also which characters we can use to post.

If your account is inactive, you will continue to be able to post as long as you don’t log out of the forums. Since it is not a common practice to log out of the forums, then most people will continue to be able to post after their account becomes inactive.

If you delete a character, it will still show up in the list of characters you can use to post on until/unless you log out of the forums and back.

If you make a new character (or level an old low level character to 10+), it will not show up in the list of characters you can use to post on until you log out and back.

If your account had been inactive, and you had logged out and back during that time, then you reactivated your account, you will have to log out of the forums and back before it will let you post again… even though you are supposed to be able to post on an active account by default.

Yeah i did log out and that seemed to have done the trick or maybe the forum staff did something … not sure

I’ll remember this next time i wanna take a break :+1:

My own account has been inactive since January. I can still post in General.

I’m curious as to whether this bug is being ignored deliberately. I don’t have a problem with it, but am surprised that Blizzard has not even acknowledged it.

Well, I have finally been logged out. My last post on the general forums was made using a character that I deleted months ago. I was logged out immediately after making the post and now that character is no longer in the list of characters that I can post with… and (of course) since my account has been inactive since December, now I can’t post on the general forums at all any more.

This confirms to me that this bug affects more than just whether or not we can post in the general forums using accounts that are inactive.