If you're unhappy about Blizzard's stance on flying

My WARMODE has been off since the start of BFA and WILL NOT be turned on EVER. :smiley:

3 Likes

I have no issue with gating flying in some way… makes the worlds feel larger forces me to see content fight enemies etc. Whats the fun of dropping onto a target killing it mounting and flying off? Do I think waiting this long is a bit mehh ya sure i would agree there but day 1 flying would literally kill the feel of the game!

Yeah I have zero problem with waiting until max level and even more, but they have stretched it out ridiculously long.

It’s just another sign of how Blizzard started putting content-stretching before fun, and now they are paying for it. Fun does not equal giving players everything they want right now, but making earning rewards take so long that people actually unsub because they hate the process is equally stupid.

BAD GAME DESIGN. WoW used to make us work for rewards but also parceled them out so skillfully that we stayed up too late and played too long and never unsubbed. Now it is all broken.

8 Likes

…Good for you? I obviously wasn’t referring to you.

1 Like

I don’t think blizzard really knows we are customers and they provide a product and thus should be verbal and responsive to their customers.

I still think there are some left over remains of the idea they are artists and they invite you to see and experience what they create for an admissions fee. If you don’t like it, leave. If you do like it, then shut up and have fun the way we tell you too.

As much as people might hate activision’s influence, one day that artist mentality will be forced out and we will get a business that must react and respond to their customers likes and dislikes.

1 Like

If this is what you do with Flying, YOUR DOING IT WRONG.

With Flying I SEE so much more of what the artists produced or rendered. But then I like Flying and enjoying the scenery from a different vantage point.

You can only ride on the ground past a bunch of bushes and tree trunks so many times before it gets boring as hell. Flight can offer you so many different vistas.

That is if your actually willing to use Flying correctly and NOT just drop down on something, kill it and fly off. If your doing that, YOUR DOING IT WRONG and shouldn’t even bother doing pathfinder; to be perfectly honest. /my opinion

2 Likes

OR…

the low completion rate on Pathfinder will show Blizzard that players don’t really care about flying

They only want to see what they want to see on this. They will take a low participation rate to mean people don’t want flying.

1 Like

[If you’re unhappy about Blizzard’s stance on flying]

Should I spend my life unhappy about Costco? Apple? Comcast? Nike? Microsoft? There are thousands of big companies, and not one of them lets ME design their product!

Some WOW players suffer from the delusion that they “should be” game designers, that Blizzard “should do” whatever they want. I cannot understand this.

If pathfinder had a low completion rate, I’d fully expect to see Ion in a dev vlog saying how they removed flying entirely because the metrics shows nobody showed enough interest to maintain the pathfinder system.

Pathfinder is a double edged sword. If you do it Blizzard claims everyone loves it because so many have done it. If you don’t they will just claim that everyone hates flying because no one is unlocking it. Does not matter what you do it’s a lose/lose for the player.

4 Likes

There is a ton of games that compare to WoWs quality, its just each one has their niche.

Ever heard of black desert online? Well it has a bunch of pay 2 win, but has some of the most epic guild vs guild battles (better than guild wars 2 imo) and has some of the dopest combat and graphics I have ever seen on any platform. It’s all about what you want and what games provide what games. IMO WoW used to have a niche to it, and now is just a well-rounded game with no particular niche. Lots of other mmorpg’s have their niche which is why they have decent populations to sustain the games… WoW is just a grandad being around since 05 and we all have grown used to it.

To a point sure.

I don’t think WoW is absolutely the best mmorpg but it has stood, and continues to stand, the test of time. The fact of the matter is, is that WoW factual is the Top MMORPG in the market. has been and will continue to be until it closes. In the comment from months ago that you quoted (i’m positive) i wasn’t even talking about personal opinion. If these other games quality matched wow then they would be as successful. Periodt.

You people really need to stay on topic…

1 Like

I just returned to the game a couple weeks ago. There have been a few days where I log in on this character to try to gain some rep for flying, grab the quests, look at the map, and log out. I play to have fun and neither island are fun. I’ll take Mechagon over the other thanks to how much easier it is to get around. I’ll get flying, but it might be more due to weekly rep bonus. Doesn’t help that quite a few already have flying and take out any rares before I can get to them. Locusts.

2 Likes

A Huge Wall of Text is not a way to get a point across. Crying about flying after almost 15 years is ludicrous …Play Vanilla and you won’t be flying till level 40…This is nothing new in WOW some people just want way too much and throw dollar signs around when they don’t get their just cause immed … I mean Come on.

What? There was no flying in Vanilla. Are you drunk? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Let’s make up a little fantasy about your projection here, okay? Got it.

What you are saying is the lie. Wanting Blizzard to take people’s money and then kick them out of the game even though they have time paid for is, well, not a good business strategy for them.

Sounds like you think you’re on payroll.

Ok it was BC…sorry for my slip of memory.

Your wrong. If people don’t do Pathfinder then blizzard will say that we don’t care enough about flying anymore and that gives them the ability to remove flight without the backlash that they received the first time they tried to remove it

OR

The low completion rate on Pathfinder will show Blizzard EVEN MORE customers/players got FED UP and left the game to pay another company to find FUN again.

Either way it’s bad for Blizzard, Warcraft and the entire community as a whole; if you don’t see that then this MMO has a very sad future ahead of it.

1 Like