If you're unhappy about Blizzard's stance on flying

As I’ve been saying, I will stick to believing the devs and support to the game and forums at hand. They themselves stated ya’ll were lying. I just called you people out on it. If you wanna continue to be delusional that’s on you, but you continue to derail this thread with your trolling.

I wonder when people are going to understand that’s not going to happen.

I’m going to voice my opinion on the subject every chance I get.

I also remember this forum was adamant that classic servers would NEVER happen and even had a whole wall of NO.

Nothing is set in stone. This entire game is proof of that.

3 Likes

What game? I am tired of waiting for flying. I have finished this content on 6 toons 20x over.

1 Like

It is NOT blizzard’s stance, it is Ion and the power he has over the development team, no way will they go against him.

3 Likes

Again, claiming that we are “delusional” is misrepresenting what you are actually saying.

If you want to believe that Blizzard is infallible, that bugs don’t exist and/or that a lowly CS rep would know all about every possible bug (reported or not), go ahead. That does not make the people that are telling you that they have encountered a bug “delusional” (it also does not make us liars or “trolls”). You, yourself have acknowledged that the bug, as reported, is believable and makes sense. You just refuse to believe, for reasons.

The CS rep told you how the forums are supposed to work, and the question you said you asked the CS rep was not if it is possible for this bug to exist. The questions you ask can determine what answers you get.

I’m curious as to what reason you think those of us who have reported this bug would have to lie? I would also point out that there is a very easy way for you to test the bug yourself. All you have to do is let your subscription lapse (note: if you have multiple wow licenses on your battle net account, you only need to have one active to be able to post on any eligible character on any of those licenses). Once you can no longer log in on a character that is over level 20 on any license on your battle net account, come try to post on the forums without having logged out here (note that, if you do log out of the forums, your account information would update and invalidate this test).

I’m sure that you won’t do that though. You would rather believe someone who couldn’t possibly know about every bug because they represent “authority.” I doubt that you would even ask a CS rep if this bug that you have been told about is possible. I doubt that you have even looked at the post I linked from the bug forum that is reporting this bug.

By the way, this bug with the forums affects what characters you can post with too. If you make a brand new character, you can’t post on them unless and until you log out of the forums and back, even if that character is an eligible level. During the last “free trial” I deleted two characters that were level 100. Because I have not logged out of the forums since December (my subscription lapsed in January), I can still post as those characters. So, not only can I post here without a valid subscription, I can post on characters that don’t even exist.

Just to reiterate, this post is still valid and Blizzard has ignored the existence of the bug: Unsubbed but - #2 by Jacquell-wyrmrest-accord

1 Like

I’m sick and tired of getting hung up on rocks, stick and brushes. If random widgets count as ‘content’ i cleared that nonsense within the first month.

They should have had flying at max level.

Which means we should have had flying about 10 months ago, everything else is smoke filled coffee house crap.

1 Like

As I have been stating ya’ll are delusional for a couple of reasons:
1 - the continued derailing of this thread
2 - think that anyone would and should believe you over a “lowly support rep”

and btw, no matter how low a support rep is, when it comes to the matter at hand they factually know more about what is going on (even behind the scenes) then said trolling customers.

If you want people to believe a delusional opinion over a support rep’s statements then you shouldn’t have started trolling to begin with.

OK, I’m “delusional” and really do have an active subscription. Well then, let me just log in on my account:

https://imgur.com/09r4BCq

Oh wait, I can’t play any of those characters since they are all over level 20 and my account is inactive. Well, since I do have a second account (you only need to have one wow license on your battle net account active in order to post using any eligible character on that account), let me log in there:

https://imgur.com/UylEmeV

Hmm… I can’t play any of those characters either. Can I make a brand new character? Yes, yes I can (as any “starter” account can):

https://imgur.com/HqXvAIJ

So… you mean Blizzard’s stance then, right?

At first when it was introduced I unsubscribed, but then after a 6 month break I came back and rolled with the punches, this is a losing battle on the players side, not worth the fight, just keep on trucking and get Pathfinder

People would turn off warmode, then. no matter how you slice it, flying is convenient because you can get from point A to Point B faster and gather nodes in record time.

Warmode can’t be turned on or off on a whim, so this would just take out 90% of the warmode retainers.

Correct me if I’m wrong. but I don’t think it’s a good idea to be in conflict with a major portion of your player base/customer. Unless, you think this is healthy for your pocket book.

2 Likes

You are not wrong, it is, in fact, one of the things successful businesses avoid.

Unless you’re ActiBlizz and you just don’t give a diseased rat’s backside about what a large portion of your customers want because you foolishly put an arrogant, narcissistic megalomaniac in charge of your flagship product.

Which was a really dumb move there ActiBlizz, tell me, just between us, you can email me, how much money has that decision cost you so far?

Semper Fi! :us:

1 Like

The VERY sad hypocritical part of the Development Team’s choice in regards to “Flying” in the game is they just can’t seem to cure themselves of “SELLING” FLYING mounts on the Blizzard Store.

IF the development team TRULY want us to believe this crap about them wanting to get rid of Flying completely. MAN UP BUTTERCUP and REMOVE ALL Flying Mounts from the Blizzard Store for SALE!

Only way anyone is going to believe them! Anything less just makes them WORSE than the Everquest Developers they USE to RAGE at when they played EVERQUEST!

3 Likes

They don’t care Lileiria.

I raised that same point in WoD and I was abused for my troubles. Don’t waste your time.

1 Like

You’re… you’re joking, right?

My WARMODE has been off since the start of BFA and WILL NOT be turned on EVER. :smiley:

3 Likes

I have no issue with gating flying in some way… makes the worlds feel larger forces me to see content fight enemies etc. Whats the fun of dropping onto a target killing it mounting and flying off? Do I think waiting this long is a bit mehh ya sure i would agree there but day 1 flying would literally kill the feel of the game!

Yeah I have zero problem with waiting until max level and even more, but they have stretched it out ridiculously long.

It’s just another sign of how Blizzard started putting content-stretching before fun, and now they are paying for it. Fun does not equal giving players everything they want right now, but making earning rewards take so long that people actually unsub because they hate the process is equally stupid.

BAD GAME DESIGN. WoW used to make us work for rewards but also parceled them out so skillfully that we stayed up too late and played too long and never unsubbed. Now it is all broken.

8 Likes