If you're unhappy about Blizzard's stance on flying

They just announced the Mechanical Parrot mount is the reward for unlocking flying, so good luck with the protest. Personally I am absolutely unlocking flying asap.

<-- Flies around on his new mechanical parrot mount, effortlessly gliding over your pickets.

1 Like

only because it takes maybe a few days to get through WoD, then you’re outta there.

Still woulda been nice to fly there.

Yeeeeah…I appreciate the sentiment, but are you familiar with the phrase “cutting off your nose to spite your face”?

I’m not about to make my own game experience even more boring and annoying just to try and prove a point to Blizzard.

2 Likes

LMAO I read “pickets” as “pickles” :rofl:

1 Like

They all say that same thing along the lines of, I quit but still have some sub-time left so I’m offering constructive criticism of the game because I love it so much.

It’s basically a lie and they know it.

i.e. “My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.”

If you are determined to believe that three different people (in this thread alone) don’t know what they are talking about, you are going to believe what you want to believe.

Edit: By the way, there is currently a post about this in the bug report forum for the web site:

Whether its one or three, yall are still random strangers compared to a support rep.

Hey, you be you. If you want to believe that Blizzard is infallible and other people don’t know what they are talking about (even though there is a current thread about the bug on the website bug report forum), then go right ahead and believe what you want.

I just flat refuse to go through this pathfinder thing any longer. I been playing this game ten years, have many toons in here lots of them are 120 or coming up to that. I really do enjoy this game but I want my flight back, period, nothing else to say except that I WILL go and spend my money elsewhere to RIDE AROUND.

Next installment if it it’s the same you won’t be seeing me on any toon any longer.

Thanks Blizz, it’s been real and it’s been fun but right now it aint real fun!

3 Likes

This time yes, but for further ‘pathfinder’ expansions I’m finished!! :slight_smile:

Sounds good.

I can keep believing the actual company of discussion and you guys can keep being delusional. Sounds like a plan.

Your absolutely right if we hate game change’s we should quit.I quit for 2 years didnt buy the last 2 xpacs resubbed 2 days ago and unsubbed even faster.It’s not just about flying they destroyed professions,ruined classes and flying was the last straw.If i dont want too quest in a area i shouldnt have to simply to gain flight that i’d had for years.It’s just a mechanic to keep you subbed and the gambling gear changes are stupid.Should of stuck with normal heroic or mythic loot.Iv’e quit multiple games if i hate the direction MONEY is the only thing companys understand.

2 Likes

I did unsub when they announced WoD wouldn’t have flying and then insulted us for demanding that they change their stance on flying in WoD.

IT DID NOTHING

WotLK had flying right out the gate which you could gain access to at level 74 by paying a small fee and it was WoW’s most popular and successful expansion. It really makes you think…

But here’s the thing. WoW has been bleeding subs for years and management has shown that they either don’t care or else don’t know how to right the ship.

3 Likes

In my experience, when people say this, they don’t literally mean there is nothing to do. They mean there is nothing FUN that they want to do. Take note, Blizz, FUN.

Nah, it’s more like the ice cream has already been paid for but the shop owner is holding it just out of the kids reach making him do stupid stuff he doesn’t want to do until he gets annoyed and eventually just decides he doesn’t even want ice cream any more if he has to put up with crap to get it.

7 Likes

Yea I get that, but that attitude is the opposite point of view that they feel they need to combat. I get there is a lot to do. I spent an entire day yesterday farming mounts. People just don’t see it that way.

Personally, I’m okay with the proposed version for 8.2. The fact it will unlock flight in both the beginning zones and the new Naga lands makes me pretty happy.

I get why they want people to experience the game on the ground from the get-go, primarily since they intentionally are slowing people from burning through content. What I simply will never support is them ever trying to remove flight entirely from the game.

They just need to drop this pettiness regarding flying and release it to us at max level. That would completely and absolutely solve all problems.

8 Likes

Even without flying, people still burn through the content. They may do a bit more just to reach the requirements, but it doesn’t take that long to finish them. Heck, even at my slow pace(had to catch up on a lot, stopped playing at MoP, started back up just before BfA) I got PF1 in Dec. I’d imagine there were people that got it a heck of a lot faster than I did.

2 Likes

I was going to ignore you, but I have to correct this. You have not been claiming that we who have told you that we are able to post here without being subscribed to wow are “delusional” (oh, the irony). What you have been saying is that we are liars. Your libel is the reason I entered this conversation. I know that I have not been lying. Given my own experience, I have no reason to doubt anyone else who has reported this bug either.

1 Like

I finished WoD just recently. Haven’t even looked at Legion or BFA pathfinder. I hate the requirement and probably will never do it.

1 Like