Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

I personally disagree with this. Reason being is that I remember that the first couple of megathreads for Sethrak was before BfA was even live. I think the first Megathread was started shortly after they showcased the Sethrak at Blizzcon 2017.

I think the general hype of AR is what spurred it on. And well, since they are a new race.

Not that Vulpera were not a contributing factor.

I just donā€™t think youā€™re giving the Sethrak enough credit.

6 Likes

Fair enough. Just my two coppers anyway. I am not really certain in any of this.

3 Likes

Sethrak are cool! Iā€™m DMā€™ing for a DnD group thatā€™s all girls (and me as the one guy DM) online and theyā€™re all newbies to some degree or another.

But when I mentioned there was an island in the campaign full of dinosaurs, All of them went I WANT A DINOSAUR!!

I think thereā€™s something appealing to all genders about having a reptilian race. :smiley:

6 Likes

My interest in the Sethrak has nothing to do with the Vulpera. I found snake men and found my passion for them entirely separately.

6 Likes

Type <Ā­big> before the font, and <Ā­/big> when you want to stop making things giant.
So

6 Likes

YES. Itā€™s so true. I DMā€™d for a Pathfinder campaign with a group of work friends and my fiancĆ©. All new to the game. The one gal aside from me in the group flipped out when they encountered a young Copper dragon.

ā€œI WANT THE DRAGONā€

:joy:

She tried so hard to befriend that dragon.

Reptiles are loved by all.

Playable Sethrak please!

7 Likes

They would have the most wickedly cool heritage armor, like the ones they use in the Vulpera zone, the moment I saw that I totally changed my tune on thinking they should be a AR - before i was like meh, no - but then I saw the armor the casters wore and was like, oh yah - gimme

3 Likes

I absolutely love all their armors. The glass and crystals with the shawls and tunics. The aesthetic is :ok_hand:t2::100:

Their architecture is amazing too. I played around outside the temple other day just to re-admire all the glass spires and crackles of electricity as well as their tents, tapestries and banners and home entryways. Which you can see the doors to their homes in some of the rock face.

Their weapons are also fantastic.

I also harassed Sandscout Vesarik for awhile. His model is bugged out exactly like Emeniā€™s is.

My tinfoil hat theory is theyā€™re hiding the playable models in Vesarik and Emeni. (Iā€™m joking) Since Vesarik is male and Emeni is female. And thatā€™s why their armor texture is bugged out all over their body and face. :joy: And no one has fixed their models despite people reporting the bug for both.

8 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be honest with you chief. I donā€™t think weā€™ll get them but I still have two Snake related names tucked away in the event Iā€™m wrong cause I want to be. I wanna be the Snek.

4 Likes

You may be right but itā€™s something I find worth fighting for.

:heart::snake:

Also I wanted to point out to whoever is interested, that in the Beta/PTR version of WoWhead, they fixed the ā€œGood Sethrakā€ npc model.

It was bugged out.

So if you need a good drawing reference for yourself or you like to commission art, thatā€™s a good model to use since it is a ā€œnudeā€ model.

What I like about it is you can see just how many glowy electric stripes they have! I used to think it was only their hood and tail. But itā€™s on their ribs and stuff too.

6 Likes

They are an amazing race with a surprising amount of detail in their models.

7 Likes

Yes!

In fact I sent the link of that model to an artist I use for commissions. Theyā€™re going to do a proper reference sheet for Hershey as my Sethrak Hunter. :smiley:

Iā€™ll share when theyā€™re done with the piece. Will be a month or so I think.

7 Likes

Me too. Until Blizzard comes along and says something that makes them unworkable, I will continue to aim for sethraks as a playable race for warcraft.
Even if something like that is not possible for the alliance, then it is possible for the Horde.

3 Likes

Ah, thank you so much.

PLAYABLE SETHRAK PLEASE, BLIZZARD.

Like dis? :smiley:

And yes. I am past the faction debate, preferences aside.

Let there be snakes!

h ttps://media.giphy.com/media/jCodV34MoczjW/giphy.gif

8 Likes

I am forever hopeful! I know weā€™ve got a long way before the first major patch for Shadowlands comes out, but itā€™s good to start asking now, so that Sethrak get slotted in sooner rather than later!

4 Likes

If you havenā€™t already make those in game suggestions!

Iā€™ve been trying to do it on the PTR instead of Live. Possible higher chance itā€™ll be taken into current consideration.

Just try not to spam them. I try to keep it down to once a month but when my excitement gets me and new ideas come I sometimes drop more than one suggestion in that time frame. I did this recently for Worgen customizationā€¦ (Iā€™m sorry Blizzard! :heart:)

But usually Iā€™ve been good.

4 Likes

Also thought Iā€™d share this thread.

Cause it successfully pulled a good number of the pro playable Sethrak people out of the woodwork. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

5 Likes

LoL, people hating on something that other people love will always be great bait.

Cā€™mon Blizz, Sethrak plz.

7 Likes

Still canā€™t understand how so many can be so against such thingsā€¦ If you donā€™t want it donā€™t play it. Lol

5 Likes