Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Yes! This is what makes me think that Korthek was subverted by Mythrax, but the rest of his people were simply drawn in by a charismatic leader. Itā€™s very likely that the Sethrak will reunite as one people again, but that some of them with a newfound desire for exploration and trade, could head out into the world and become adventurers (ie, us, the players).

Ugh, Iā€™ll write Sethrak lore for free Blizzard, you just have to let me!

6 Likes

By submitting in game suggestions and making suggestions on the forums. You technically are writing Sethrak lore for free.

That is, if Blizzard likes your idea and decides to implement it in some manner or base their own ideas/lore off a suggestion made by a player. There is a disclaimer here and when you submit a suggestion telling us this.

Which is perfectly okay by me!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. Know which Faithless say this? Maybe I havenā€™t spent enough time in Voldun or my memory is failing me but I donā€™t recall this.

3 Likes

I will definitely do the in-game suggestion thing tonight.

I had Corn snakes (mostly albino morphs) and California Kings (my favorite). I was able to get the California Kings to successfully mate, which was a big achievement for me.

What kind of snakes do you have?

4 Likes

Quite a few actually.

I have a colony of Plains Garter Snakes. Have them set up in a bioactive terrarium.

I just recently got some Eastern Hognose Snakes. My last one died from cancer in February. Messed me up and just now got the courage to try again with the species. If something bad happens with these babies I might give up. I dunno if I can repeatedly deal with the heart break.

Also have some Mexican Pine Snakes. And a Mystic Potion Ball Python.

I personally donā€™t keep to breed. Just have a passion for snakes and taking care of them is really therapeutic for my depression. :heart:

Itā€™s why I would love to see Sethrak playable. Two of my passions rolled into one.

5 Likes

Hey, I also wanted to ask you all. If we get a Sethrak Heritage Armor based off the npc armors. What color scheme would you like? Iā€™ve mentioned the three common ones earlier.

You have

Brass/Dark Grey

Gold/Brown

Silver/Dark Grey.

Personally I like the Silver/Dark Grey color.

4 Likes

I suspect it would be a white/gold/red looking color scheme. Heritage armors tend to draw from the theme of a race but have unique coloration.

5 Likes

I think a white/gold/red would be great! Gold/brown would also be good. Gotta stand out with a little bit of snake bling!

3 Likes

Guess Iā€™m the only one who would prefer silver to gold. :joy:

If they get those colors for a Heritage armor Iā€™m not sure I could make a green Sethrak.

All I would think of is Christmas and color theory.

Or at the very least I would never have it wear the Heritage Armor.

5 Likes

lol true!! At least in that regard the silver would definitely be better XD

3 Likes

So I had my mind blown. I asked around to try and figure out the number threads cap out at. Apparently it is 20,000 posts. So with 7 total threads for the Sethrak Megathread that gives us

125,520 posts.

125,520 POSTS!! (How do I make the font GIANT)

That is nuts.

6 Likes

How many individuals though? A handful of people can make dozens of posts over time?

https://rubberchickengames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/it__s_over_9000thumbnail1.png

4 Likes

This I am not sure since they nuked the old forums. But letā€™s use my numbers on this thread as an example. Iā€™m active, Iā€™m excited and passionate. I am nearing 1,000 posts. That is still 125 people for 1,000 posts each. That is still a big number for the post count.

Now let me take an average from the ā€œFrequent Postersā€ from just this specific thread. I get 220 rounded down. So weā€™ll say the average poster here (The Sethrak Megathreads) makes 220 posts.

Letā€™s apply that to total posts across all the threads for this. I get 5,705.

That is 5,705 people. Making 220 posts.

That is a lot of people. And thatā€™s just the average. Not taking into account people only commenting once or just a handful of times.

I get your point though. And I canā€™t count how many people commented on the threads that came in just to say they donā€™t want Sethrak, etc etc or just crying about Mechagnomes. Or whatever the heck else people wanna cry about.

But it still checks out. Sethrak are super popular. People are excited about them (current or past). Thereā€™s a lot of passion.

TLDR: Maybe you shouldnā€™t have asked me that question cause I am far too committed to all of this, lol.

#PlayableSethrakPlease

6 Likes

Honestly, even if this was just 100 really passionate people, thatā€™s a LOT of passion from 100 people.

Also keep in mind that not everyone comes to the forums. Many players go to wowhead or youtube to find information on quests or guidance around bugs or whatever, and never touch the forums. Thereā€™s also people that will only come onto the forums when theyā€™re actively playing, and take breaks in between expansions or whatever. Only the Blizzard mods would have a decent breakdown of that information. I do know that if you scroll up enough, youā€™ll find posts from 2018 when the hype was really potent. The fact that this is the 7th thread suggests that most of the threads were made between 2017 and 2018. That means the majority of those posts, likely over 100,000 of them, were made within the span of a year.

No matter how you slice it, thatā€™s a lot of hype that, sadly, was never capitalized on.

Breathing life back into it is a slow and arduous thing, but if nothing else, by keeping this thread popping up to the top once in a while weā€™re reminding Blizzard that we still want this, and a lot of people want this, and a lot of people are very passionate about it EVEN NOW.

Sethrak plz.

4 Likes

I can see why you got the results you did but I think you are applying the numbers wrong.
You would need to scale them relative to the threads being discussed.

Such as you mention your post count on here but donā€™t take into consideration how many posts you made on the other threads.

Such as on this thread you make up 15% of the total comments, but you are assuming that you never commented on any of the other threads you are referencing.

I think the number of posters is a lot lower than you are accounting for

I dont mean that in a rude way, just that even on the most popular topics Iā€™ve not seen activity from over 5000 people.

Like if we used just this thread and used the numbers you took from this thread that you applied across the board, this thread would have 21 people posting in it.

You with your 800 odd and then 20 around the 220 mark

A number i can give as fact though is that 24 people total 3470 posts out of the 5290 we are at

The other 1800 post I cant account for as they are not on the frequent posters tab

2 Likes

Yeah. I suppose I completely get that.

My math was rough and no I did not take some of those other factors into account.

I do still think there is ample evidence that Sethrak are highly desired to become a playable race.

Frequent posters really just show that a person is at least really excited and enthusiast about the idea.

Then there is me. Lol.

2 Likes

donā€™t worry i wasnt disputing that it was a popular request :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didnā€™t think you were. I was just reiterating for discussion, lol. Tend to do that sort of thing a lot.

Yep. And across those other platforms so to speak thereā€™s been hype about Sethrak. I do think it has died down quite a bit on other sites though. Aside maybe Twitter. I see people make Sethrak posts every couple of days. And I have nothing to do with it, lol. Be it asking for them or posting pictures of them, etc.

Iā€™m part of an all girls WoW group on facebook and a whole bunch of the gals wanted/want them. Even some of the ones who are afraid of snakes. :rofl:

Never capitalized on YET.

I will die on this hill.

4 Likes

I do feel like a lot of the popularity is more so as a side effect of vulpera. People suspected there would be a goblin/worgen AR pairing, people got their hopes up and this has resulted in a lot of the what seems like hype and support. You see there are many races that I believe would be even more popular if they were released such as Dyrads, etherals, naga(long requested) and Mantid. Where is the hype train for these races? Theoretically anyone for even the most unpopular allied race requests could get together a bunch of people and get a megathread going that hypes up a race. This tends be a major flaw I see in many of these AR campaigns. People often assume cause they have the biggest megathread, discord and forum support that there idea is in fact one of the more popular ideas. It simply may be an idea with a very vocal set of people giving it coverage and fails to take into consideration the potential popularity of other races.