Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

Furbolg in the Alliance could allow it to get more shamans and druids in its ranks.

Few Furbolg druids with the few Kultirans druids, the Night Elves druids and the Worgen druids.

Many Furbolg shamans with the Wildhammer Dwarves shamans, the Broken shamans, the Draenei shamans, the Dark Iron Dwarves shamans and the Kultirans shamans.

2 Likes

Furbolg would be excellent for this as Shaman and Druid are two of their most important classes.

What I really love about Furbolg is they donā€™t see a difference between shaman and druids and call both shaman.

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength!
:honey_pot: :bear:

2 Likes

With the sighting of possible Gilgoblin customizations in the data mining I feel like, being this close to an expansion announcement, there is a lot of excitement for new races to maybe join the fray.

I hope that the furbolg would be included in this, though I doubt theyā€™d just be customizations.

No, I suspect they would have to be added as a full Allied Race setup.

3 Likes

I would hope that Blizzard wouldnā€™t be slapping whole different races onto other ones. The last thing we need are Furbolg being stapled onto Pandaren, complete with the lackluster treatment that Customization Races in general have been getting.

Itā€™s one thing if Blizzard does something like put in multiple tribes of Trolls onto Darkspear Trolls, which can fit very well and is very much workable. Itā€™s another where youā€™d suddenly have completely different races altogether, which those should be fully separate races with their own racials and such. Not having things like Pandaren suddenly cosplaying and LARPing as Furbolg, for example.

So far, it seems like Customization Races are mostly sub-races, so hopefully we wonā€™t see something like Vulpera plopped onto Goblins or anything like that. It would be extremely lazy and disappointing to do that for races many of us want to see playable. Not to mention the mess that would cause in general.

On the subject of the next expansion, I am hoping weā€™ll see playable races that people have been requesting for quite some time being added. Itā€™ll be the first time in awhile that we have an in-person Blizzcon, and with WoWā€™s 20th anniversary next year (which in the new expansion would get released), there needs to be some really big announcements to get the hype going. New playable races would be part of that, in my own personal opinion.

I really donā€™t know what to expect for the next expansion. Honestly, if it were realistically feasible, Iā€™d love to see Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms completely revamped with several new playable races to go with it. It would be great for new players to start instead of BfA and current players would have new content and collections (transmogs, mounts, mini pets, etc) to have as well. Granted, I know it would take a lot of resources, but itā€™d be a pretty good investment for the game, in my own personal opinion. Canā€™t say whether that is feasible or realistic at all, unfortunately, but hey, I can dream.

Iā€™ll be keeping an eye on news of the next Dragonflight patch, which I imagine may be soon. Not sure if they would wait for Blizzcon to announce that patchā€™s release or not, and it does feel like Dragonflight has been in a content lull for awhile. Whenever we get the next patch, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for anything Furbolg to help report. :polar_bear:

ā€“27 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€“

-Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

3 Likes

Maybe we could see new Furbolg in the next expansion like the new ones in DF.

2 Likes

A little late posting this, but it sounds like the next Dragonflight patch could be the last major patch for the expansion:

I assume we may get a .5 patch between then and when that next expansion comes out, so there are still some possibilities to see more of the Furbolg tribes on the Dragon Isles.

And even if nothing comes from it, it doesnā€™t mean we couldnā€™t see them or other Furbolg tribes later on. Especially if there is a planned old world (of Warcraft!) revamp being considered for the future.

Although I havenā€™t really seen anything Furbolg specific related looking at the storyline of the next patch, Iā€™ll continue to keep an eye out for anything to help report back here. :polar_bear:

ā€“19 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€“

3 Likes

I LOVE BEARS, Iā€™ve wanted to play a furbolg for a while, I throw my support in here.

3 Likes

I just had to share it.

3 Likes

The next patch for Dragonflight comes out Nov. 7th:

As I mentioned, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for anything of Furbolg interest to report back here on.

And we also have a potential expansion announcement coming up with WoWā€™s 20th anniversary next year, so weā€™ll see what happens there when it happens. Even if nothing comes from either the next patch or Blizzcon, Iā€™ll still help to support Furbolgs as a playable race. :polar_bear:

ā€“18 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€“

1 Like

I still have the old classic wand that turns you into one. I can play as one nowā€¦ Though I lose it if I get hitā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

Been trying to find some bear related Halloween recipes to share in here. Hard to come across any in general, but I did find some here:

If I find any more before Halloween, Iā€™ll try and share them. :jack_o_lantern::polar_bear:

ā€“11 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€“

1 Like

Found a nice lore video for Furbolg.

1 Like

Getting some Stillpine Furbolg walking in Stormwind could be a good start to get them as playable race. I donā€™t see why we canā€™t have some Jinyu, Broken and Furbolg walking in Stormwing. They are a part of the Alliance too.

3 Likes

Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern: :polar_bear:

Whatever your plans are for today, please have a fun, happy, and safe Halloween! :skull: :man_vampire:

ā€“3 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€“

2 Likes

The Q&A thread has opened and I asked a questions on behalf of a few race request megathreads. Iā€™ll post a link to the post and the question I asked for this megathread below:

ā€œAny chance weā€™ll see more of the Furbolg on the Dragon Isles in the remainder of Dragonflight patches, given that the Winterpelt was looking for more allies and that Night Elves have been long time allies to Furbolg in general?ā€

Worth a try, even if it will likely not get answered.

It sounds like weā€™ll have some time between the next Dragonflight patch, coming very soon, and the next expansion, so I felt it was worth a mention.

I have a lot to talk about in the different megathreads on the recent announcements that I need to think on and word. The Allied Race system being utilized being one of them, which is pretty important for several race request megathreads. Hopefully, Iā€™ll be able to type up some stuff for discussions soon.

Iā€™ll post more when I can! :smiley:

3 Likes

This bear cub looks really sleepy. Maybe theyā€™re trying to find the Emerald Dream to see if playable Furbolg are there. While itā€™s just a dream currently, you can help make it a reality!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If youā€™re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Blizzard mentioned having 20 years of planning for WoW. Let us hope playable Furbolg are part of those plans somewhere! :polar_bear:

1 Like

The sad thing is if a Producer first thought of this idea we would have them, but instead it has been a player-driven campaign for nearly 20 years so of course we cant have it.

Instead we will get the 3rd type of Dwarf and the 5th type of Elf.

I loved the Rod of Transformation and never handing in the quest.

1 Like

So the new patch is out and I went to go play it and look for anything Furbolg related andā€¦wellā€¦

Kinda running into some complications. So I guess Iā€™ll just talk some about Furbolg here in the meantime.

First off, we are getting at least one more patch in Dragonflight:

I heard that there was a possible 10.2.7, but I canā€™t find anything definitive or where it came from. But at the very least, there are more chances for the Dragon Isles Furbolg tribes to get more appearances!

Second, the Allied Race system is being utilized again, which is pretty big news for several race request megathreads. I could see that utilized for Furbolg, where they can officially get an invitation to the Alliance. It could be either the tribes on Kalimdor or the tribes on the Dragon Isles after we help them with more stuff possibly. The Winterpelt Tribe did mention seeking allies, though that could just be with the other Dragon Isles factions, but you never know!

Third and last, seeing as weā€™re getting neutral Dwarves as an Allied Race in the future (which means Horde Dwarvesā€¦which is weird, I know), Furbolg could become a neutral race now. Moreso if it is the Dragon Isles Furbolg tribes. I know Furbolg make more sense as an Alliance race, but the possibility of seeing them neutral has risen some I would say.

Also, regarding Earthen, if we can have multiple flavors of Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans, Orcs, etc playable, I see no reason why Furbolg canā€™t be playable even if we have Pandaren. Completely different cultures, themes, and such weā€™ve talked about before. I feel like the ā€œwe already have Pandaren!ā€ argument gets thrown out the window because of what we already have playable and with the Earthen coming.

Anyway, at some point when the game is more stable and bugs get worked out, Iā€™ll be going through the new area and keeping an eye out for anything Furbolg related to report back here. Still hopeful for playable Furbolg, even if nothing comes from the remaining Dragonflight patches! :polar_bear:

2 Likes

Wowhead posted an article about where the new world tree will be planted, which is on the Dragon Isles:

Itā€™s interesting to see that this will be the new home for Night Elves, and while there would be a presence of them on Kalimdor still, it feels like their lands may beā€¦well, maybe not totally abandoned, but left behind for the most part.

With regards to Furbolg, I feel like the tribes on the Dragon Isles may have more importance than the ones on Kalimdor now. Sure, other than the Winterpelt, the Furbolg tribes on the Dragon Isles need to regroup and repopulate, but it feels like they would be more likely to be involved in Night Elf storylines, since world trees have had importance to many tribes before.

There is also the Winterpelt Tribe mentioning that theyā€™ll be seeking allies. Originally, we thought that just meant the denizens of the Dragon Isles, but with the Night Elves and the new world tree being located there, it could also mean allying with the Night Elves. This of course makes sense, given that Furbolgs have long been allies to the Night Elves.

Of course, with the Dragon Isles Furbolg, they have had friendly relations with the Horde and Alliance, unless the Kalimdor tribes which mostly have been used by the Horde as quest jobbers and arrow cushions. Makes me wonder if the most realistic direction for playable Furbolg would be neutral Dragon Isles tribe members.

To be honest, Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™d feel about neutral Furbolg. Iā€™m not against neutral races at all and I feel that some races are perfect for being neutral (Ethereals, Sethrak, and Tuskarr come to mind). However, even without a faction war, I still view faction identity as something important to Warcraft as a whole, but I do think having a whole lot of neutral races dilutes faction identity pretty badly.

Then again, weā€™re getting Horde Dwarves next expansion, so I donā€™t know how much of that argument gets thrown out the window. That said, Iā€™m beginning to see neutral Furbolgs as a possibility, with the Dragon Isles tribes being the main part of the playable Furbolg factions. Especially since they could play a role in future storylines involving the Night Elves and so on.

As I mentioned before, if Furbolg were to ever become neutral, Iā€™d make mine Horde. With any neutral race, I will always go Horde with at least the first character of that race I make, even if I felt differently before for choosing one faction for that race. Mostly because Horde is my preferred faction of course, so when given the choice, Iā€™ll always choose Horde first.

Anyway, just some ramblings I wanted to type out in here. Seems like even when we leave Dragonflight, there is a chance we could see the Dragon Isles Furbolg tribes appear again in the future. Not sure about the Kalimdor tribes, but maybe still a possibility as well. Iā€™ll just be happy to see Furbolgs playable in general to be honest. :polar_bear:

2 Likes

Interesting. I donā€™t hate furbolgs as an Alliance allied race using the pandaren rigging, but I kind of think that they should keep their current silhouette, which would mean making them a proper race instead of an Allied Race. (To my knowledge, the difference between AR and R is whether or not the race has custom animations / skeletons.)

One of the problems the Alliance has when it comes to unlocking new races is that theyā€™re kind of jerks to all new peoples and cultures they meet, and furbolgs are one of the rare examples of a group of people theyā€™ve been pretty curt with. Youā€™d probably need some sort of union of all the different furbolg tribes of Azeroth, such as the ones in Felwood / Winterspring / Northrend / Dragon Isles. I feel like the furbolg daily quests in Dragonflight definitely left the door open for something like this, though.