Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

Fantastic thread. Lots of passion and effort here. Love everything about this idea. As others have mentioned, furbolgs would be a perfect fit in our more grounded Azeroth.

Some of the fan concepts reminded me of volibear in league of legends, which was awesome.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Furbolg would be an amazing race and addition to the Alliance I think! Iā€™m quite excited to see if anything particularly new comes for them in the Azure Span in Dragonflight.

I hadnā€™t heard of him before.

This is very nice, and yeah I can see the similarity!

Hmmā€¦maybe Iā€™ll do some research and write up a post highlighting similarities between furbolg and Volibear.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve shown this in a few megathreads, but it is of particular interest to this one. There is an Exploring Azeroth: Northrend book in the works, currently coming out October 18th, 2022 and available on Amazon US. Wowpedia has a page for it here:

This is particularly of interest to Furbolgs, as some do reside there and there is that one city mentioned which is pretty important to them.

Iā€™m planning to get the book at some point. Whenever I do, Iā€™ll help report anything of Furbolg interest here!

Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

4 Likes

Ha, I was just about to post about this based off you other threads.

Grizzlemaw City is in the Grizzly Hills where the furbolg supposedly evolved.

Many tribes exist within the region though only two of are particular note.

I hope they get an updated model in DF and that they get some good lore both in that book and in DF.

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength!
:honey_pot: :bear:

4 Likes

Recording of the recent Twitter interview/Q&A thingie.

Nothing super pertinent to furbolg but I didnā€™t really expect there to be.

Wanted folk to be able to have a listen though.

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength.

3 Likes

Itā€™s good to keep an eye out on anything regarding Dragonflight. I imagine weā€™ll learn more of that Furbolg tribe in the near future and with any luck, theyā€™ll be a friendly tribe we work with.

And if they happen to get a rep attached to them, Iā€™ll be making getting exalted with them and any related questlines completed as top priority just in case it leads to something, like with the end of Legion getting some allied races. Not a guarantee, but you never know!

4 Likes

In a recent interview with Brian Holinka by MrGM, it has been confirmed that weā€™ll be seeing Priests, Mages, and Rogues available for all currently playable races in patch 10.0, aside from Dracthyr:

Iā€™m assuming that future playable races could be on a case by case basis, but it is possible we could see those class options on any future playable races, either when theyā€™re available or sometime afterwards.

Iā€™m still hoping Death Knights will be an option for future playable races. All that really needs to be done is to edit the allied race/Pandaren DK starting area with either regular Bolvar or another DK leader, along with some NPCā€™s of any future playable races. It shouldnā€™t be too hard to change, IMO.

Anyway, something to think about with Furbolg. Seems like those class options got more likely for them.

4 Likes

Previously I had arranged the classes for furbolg with how likely they are.

Looks like Iā€™ll have to amend that.

While I had rogue added simply because weā€™ve seen some furbolg use such abilities it was a bit iffy.

Now however with blizzard deciding to add mage, rogue and priest to all races its certain.

Thus the less likely mage and priest will also be for sure classes for furbolg.

Very interesting implications going forward especially since blizzard is planning to build up lore for other classes as well to open it up to far more races.

Heh, same braincell.

4 Likes

Iā€™m considering preordering Exploring Azeroth: Northrend for a few reasons.

Primarily, it has interest to several races. Furbolg have a pretty big importance in it, but there is also Taunka and Darkfallen. Whether Darkfallen become a playable race as rumored or not, itā€™d be good to see what all is said if anything is said regarding them.

Second, I want to support the book series since it now seems like theyā€™re going to be potentially making more. I really want Exploring Azeroth: Pandaria to be a thing. :panda:

And third, it did go down a bit in price on Amazon US, so that always helps.

Itā€™s currently scheduled to come out OCtober 18th, 2022 (just in time for Halloween!). Iā€™ll be happy to go through it whenever I get my hands on it to help any relevant megathreads with any info in it. Not that I take anything as hints of future playable race status, but it always helps to leave no stone unturned for information.

On a similar note, I finished reading Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor and I did not see any other mentions of Furbolgs. While it has some lore inconsistencies, it was an interesting read in places.

Always happy to help out other megathreads in collecting and reporting information!

4 Likes

Thats disappointing though not entirely unexpected. I hope that Exploring Azeroth: Northrend gives some information about furbolg in the Grizzly Hills though my hopes there are not high either. It seems Blizzard isnā€™t really focused on these books being super detailed in any regard.

Iā€™ve gone and made a few edits to the OP to make the classes in line with Blizzrads new Mage, Rogue and Priest being for all races decree.

Will also be making another tribe post about the tribes of Valā€™sharah later this week.

3 Likes

May the 4th be with you.

I thought Iā€™d look through the videos of the new mobile game Blizzard is making to see if there were any furbolg but I didnā€™t see any. Iā€™ll keep poking around though.

Still excited for what we may see when we get Dragonflight and can go to the Azure Span. Iā€™m going to make a beeline for that zone I think so I can find anything on the furbolg there.

Well I say that but Iā€™ll probably get distracted by things along the way. lol

4 Likes

Iā€™ve done my monthly routine of submitting in-game feedback for races I want to see playable along with references to their respective megathreads.

If youā€™re wanting to do that for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide earlier in this megathread here:

I donā€™t know if the upcoming UI change in Dragonflight will change the way you submit feedback in-game or not. If it does, Iā€™ll be sure to make an updated guide to share on how to do so.

In the meantime, Iā€™ll continue to support playable Alliance Furbolg as best as I can. Itā€™ll be interesting to see what we find in Dragonflight with the new tribe. Hopefully, theyā€™re friendly!

4 Likes

I mentioned this in one of your threads but I hope they streamline it a bit. Right now it takes a bit of effort to find and an odd amount of time to load.

Though I donā€™t think it will be included in a ui rework, since itā€™s more a service system than part of the main ui they seem to be targeting.

I have a lighter load today so Iā€™m hoping to get my next furbolg tribe post out later. Hereā€™s hoping.

3 Likes

Today I thought weā€™d talk about the three tribes of furbolg in Valā€™sharah: Blackroot, Grizzlewealde and Smolderhide.

Now you might be thinking there are only two tribes in Valā€™sharah and youā€™re entirely correct. There was a third tribe during beta and Iā€™m still going to go over what little we know about them but this post will focus more on the other two.

We will start with the two tribes you encounter within Live within Valā€™sharah.

The Smolderhide tribe are relatively large tribe of furbolg based in the southwestern Valā€™sharah forest in an area called the Smolderhide Thicket. Due to a recent Nightmare incursion into their lands several including their chieftain have been corrupted by the Saytr.

Players are tasked with helping one of their Elders save their child and kill the lost chieftain and destroy the idol corrupting their tribe. Once you do so they become friendly to the player. (Some actually become neutral.)

I think its likely since we kill their chieftain that the Elder Sookh that we assist in clearing their corruption is likely to become the next leader. His child Littlefur could possibly become a leader later in life as well but he is quite young now. After the events of Legion I assume this tribe remains uncorrupted.

The Grizzlewealde tribe inhabits southeastern Valā€™sharah and are under attack by Grell and Enderkind (older grell). They have several quests associated with them, and its clear that the events going on with the Nightmare are pushing these normally calm grell into conflict with the furbolg.

The player assists them with several quests across their rather large village and clear the grell from their home.

The leader of the Grizzlewealde tribe does not die during this nor are they corrupted. As a result this is one of the more stable furbolg tribes weā€™ve ever seen.

Finally the tribe that didnā€™t make it out of beta. They were called the Blackroot tribe and start off entirely corrupted. We were going to have a quest indicating that they were too far gone and needed to be eliminated. I believe the quest was going to be given by a Night Elf or a furbolg from one of the other tribes but I canā€™t tell at this time. There isnā€™t any direct mentions of what made this tribe fall to corruption, though it does mention that they need to be wiped out before they spread across Valā€™sharah.

Between these three tribes two are uncorrupted by the end and effectively amicable to the Horde and Alliance. Given that they dwell in a sacred place to the Druids I imagine they would be unlikely to throw in with one side or the other but I could see them deciding to join a larger furbolg faction even if that faction was going to pick a side.

This is a continuation of my furbolg tribes posts the rest of which you can find here.

Furbolg Tribe Posts

6 Likes

I recently checked out a level 14 mage I had from bc. Was going to delete it cuz I need the slot.

On it is dartols rod of transformation. The original one.

Itā€™s glorious. Itā€™s q glorious life.

4 Likes

Still mad mine disappeared on the toon I had it on. :frowning:

4 Likes

:open_mouth: donā€™t tell me that.

I swear blizz randomly dissapears things they donā€™t like. I have a whole bunch of characters whoā€™s haunted momentos dissapeared magically. They used to complain about the server load of those things. Seems suspicious to me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wanted to wish any moms a happy Motherā€™s Day!

Came across a couple of interesting and fitting videos of some momma bears trying to get their cubs across the street. The drivers were patient enough to let her do her thing so the momma bears and their cubs could get across safely. They got across just fine in the end in both videos:

As for my plans today, my mother wants to have some food BBQā€™d, which is a good time to do so with record high temperatures. Iā€™ll be able to munch on some delicious BBQ food in the near future!

Whatever your plans are, please have a fun, happy, and safe Motherā€™s Day!

4 Likes

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day.

Bears make rather awesome and perhaps a bit terrifying mothers all things considered.

Been a lot of talk about the rumored Allied Race for pre purchase for DF and while I kinda doubt Alliance would get furbolg, I do think there is some merit to the idea that the Horde might be getting Darkfallen.

If thats the case and its not just Darkfallen for both Horde and Alliance, then I do wonder what they would give the Alliance when their seeming quest of a similar nature is revolving around a seed and Tyrandeā€¦

Given the Night Elves close ties with the Furbolg I could see that working out but I think its a long shot.

5 Likes

In a surprise twist, this is the reason that Furbolg was the only updated model that Blizzard didnā€™t show in the DF preview.

4 Likes