Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

I’m kinda stuck in my ways with lore and some other things so don’t take my negativity as the gospel of course.

I’d say pick up a copy when you can and just go in to enjoy it and judge for yourself.

2 Likes

It can be a fun read in places, but often times there are some problems.

One of which are lore and character inconsistencies. For example, Gazlowe is written completely out of character and talks more like Gallywix, which might have been the original plan to have him in the book before he got replaced with Gazlowe without any changes to the text.

As for some inconsistencies, Wowpedia has a section for it on the page for the book:

There are also some cases where the Horde seems a bit off and out of character, often bordering on the obsequious line. Letting the Alliance have their bases in Durotar and Barrens seems odd after the whole war in BfA, for example.

Then again, it’s hard to take a lot of it seriously when considering the Chronicle lore books, which were originally suppose to be the definitive lore for WoW, only to have several aspects retconned or completely changed/removed for reasons.

If you can find the book for a decent price, it’s an alright read if you just keep in mind the above. I’m happy to have gotten it as a brithday present.

8 days until the next expansion is announced!

Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

5 Likes

Bout a week away from the expansion announcement.

Which now has been announced when and what yada yada.

I don’t really expect furbolg to feature even if there are Allied Races being added, as I don’t see them being campaigned for as much as some others, but I’ll keep my eyes out for it for sure.

I think the furbolg are more than a good candidate for playable races and I think I’ve shown in this thread that they could be amazing.

Heres hoping and I hope everyone is excited for whats to come!

(Also I’ll be doing more furbolg tribe posts soon.)

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength.
:honey_pot: :bear:

4 Likes

5 days away.

I hope the next expansion adds some ARs.
I’ve already mentioned I don’t have high hopes for furbolg as I only recently made this thread and while they’ve had other threads and interest in the past we’re not the most popular choice around.

But… Damn would it be awesome to get playable big Ole bear men.

Trying to keep my expectations small though and to take expansion features as a may only exist at the pre-patch setup.

5 Likes

Giving a good ol-fashion bump in support of Alliance furbolgs. With their close relation with Night Elves and druidic arts, they feel like a really good “beastial” Alliance race aside from the worgen.

4 Likes

Don’t they!?

I think with a bit of model work to make em on a playable skeleton it’d be an easy win for us.

4 Likes

I hope we get more AR’s as well. If not full-fledged races, hopefully sub-races. Something at least.

4 Likes

At the very least just more customizations would be swell to see.

I can understand if they wait until Microsoft takes over to give them more leeway to develop ARs more fully.

Only a few days left until we all find out whats coming next.

3 Likes

The final day.

Heres hoping we get to see some ARs in the announcement!

I’ve shared that I’m not super convinced that furbolg would be in the running but I’m going to be hopeful for it.

Truly believe that furbolg would be an amazing race for the Alliance, both for their story and their more animalistic appearance!

3 Likes

Soon.

I hope they add some ARs!

3 Likes

Well no ARs, though apparently a race/class combo in the Dracothyr/Evoker.

Many things in this expansion are greatly underwhelming for me personally though I know a fair few folk should be happy with many of the coming aspects of it.

Ui changes are an amazing addition long long overdue.

Not much to share on furbolg…

Or is there?

Gnolls and Tuskarr were mentioned to exist within a region called the Azure Span during the stream, but not mentioned was that there will be furbolg there as well.

You can find that in a short blurb on the new website.

Also where you can sign on for the beta, which I already have.

While I didn’t expect furbolg to come as an AR this expansion and I didn’t expect them to even be mentioned I am over the moon that they have not been forgotten!

And likely will get a new model. So perhaps they’re still a potential candidate for ARs in the future.

Here’s hoping!

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength!

4 Likes

It better come with the option to have more buttons. The one we have now just doesn’t have enough.

2 Likes

Yeahp.

If it’s just move things around that’s all well and good but it’s the simplest thing… I expect more options than just that.

We need to be able to choose how many buttons we have available.

2 Likes

I would imagine we will see furbolg in Azure Span since the website calls this place home for them. We’ve seen Tuskarr present in some pictures, so I think it’s safe to assume we will see furbolg there.

2 Likes

Aye. Thats where I found the info.

I hope they come with a nice 4k well done update like the gnolls and tuskarr got.

Even if they’re not on the block for Allied Races they’re still one of my favorite races.

I hope they get some good love.

1 Like

Just for the record here is a screencap where it shows the mention of the furbolg.

I’m very excited to see whats up with them. Minorly afraid because they weren’t mentioned along with Gnolls and Tuskarr.

Still I cannot imagine they’ll go through the trouble to update Gnolls, Tuskarr and then not update the furbolg when all three are mentioned.

Imagine if there is an actual reputation as well! Oh I am excited!

Though… I should also probably prepare for it to be no more or less than what we saw of the furbolg in Val’sharah and previous expansions.

I wont lie I’m probably going to buy the expansion almost entirely just to go see whats up with furbolg.

Like there is little else that was on my list of desires that was provided for but more furbolg lore and story is definitely there.

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength!

6 Likes

Being back on Azeroth in a more grounded setting has renewed my interest greatly and was one of the big things I wanted to see. Hopefully, we don’t really explore the cosmos in the near future, as I’d rather stay in the living world (of Warcraft!).

Dracthyr, while not perfect, do have me excited in making new characters. Already planning the two I intend to make, most likely both going Horde. I also think the models could help open the door for implementing playable Saurok and Sethrak as well. :crocodile: :snake:

When the expansion does launch, I’ll help look for and report anything on the Furbolg we interact with. With luck, they may be friendly and we help them out.

Any race I want playable getting a rep you can grind out will have me do this:

You never know if the allied race system will be utilized again. If it means getting some races playable, I’ll happily grind out rep. :smiley:

Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

5 Likes

I’m sure they’ll get model updates then, but it’d be really nice if they put in the same sort of effort that the Tuskarr are getting where they’ll have male, female, and kids.
Having male and female models could help in getting them playable down the road.

4 Likes

I think if they do a model update for the furbolg they’ll probably add females, I said super hopefully, as they’re more recently not just mooks to kill.

It would be nice to see a work up like that.

I have high hopes. I probably shouldn’t but I do.

Very excited.

5 Likes

Figured I’d link this too just because I really hope blizzard listens to it…

I’m… An altoholic… So…

4 Likes