Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

I found that:

“These worgen that have invaded our lands share the same ferocity and animal instincts of the native saberon, but with none of their survival sense. Let their deaths serve as a lesson to the rest of this so called “Alliance”.” - Raza’kul, a Frostwolf orc

It’s interesting to have a point of view of an orc (WoD) about the Worgen and the Saberon.

2 Likes

I feel like the orcs, despite looking down on the saberon in some ways, probably respect them. They live on the same world with the same overabundant dangers and they still survive.

They took on the Arakkoa, they fight and live within and around the Overgrowth and the Breakers.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find that the orcs see them as worthy foes and would see them as strong allies.

2 Likes

I could see some respect towards them. At least from the clans who don’t just harvest them for reagents, like the Laughing Skull Clan.

I do think having a common enemy (Botani and Lightbound) and with some of the Saberon becoming enlightened could help form them working together long term. I imagine it helps the Horde to help protect and heal the Barrens while the Saberon would have a home to live in with allies.

It’s a really neat thing to think about. Especially with the potential problems the Botani in the Barrens are likely causing. I still wonder if we’ll see something come of it, as it’d be fun to have questlines on.

5 days until the next expansion is announced! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

Tomorrow is the big day! The next expansion will get officially announced finally.

As a reminder, the presentation will start at 9 AM Pacific and should be shown on the official Warcraft YouTube and Twitch channels:

WarCraft YouTube Channel

Warcraft Twitch Channel

I’m not entirely sure what all to expect, other than it being something potentially dragon related.

My general expectations are tempered, of course. Mostly, I hope for a better setting than Shadowlands, preferably in the living world (of WarcrafT!). I have a hope to see some new playable races that have been requested for quite awhile, including my most wanted of course. More character slots per account somehow would also be exciting, if it’s possible.

As for Saberon, I don’t really expect much of them. I still hope that Saberon and Botani coming back with us from AU Draenor gets touched upon, preferably with Saberon treated more than just quest jobbers, but I don’t really know if we’d see any of that next expansion. If I happen to see anything of Saberon interest, I’ll be sure to report it here.

But whatever does get announced, I’ll still support playable Saberon going forward. I got a couple of character slots reserved in case we’re lucky enough to see them playable sometime, and it could be possible to see Blizzard consider them since they’ve been looking at some requests with a more open mind lately.

Hopefully the next expansion will be decent. Blizzard really needs to hit it out of the park to get player excitement and interest back in the game. We’ll see what happens, of course, but I do hope for the best in general.

One more day to go until the next expansion is revealed! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

2 Likes

Here’s hoping!

I’m oddly… Uneasy about tomorrow.

2 Likes

who here would make a saberon character if they came out?

Sadly still no playable saberon, blah.
Was hoping with the mention of some older races, I was hoping saberon would be there, AND that someday maybe we’d get a new batch of allied races.
Ol’well…thar be dragons!

1 Like

I would.

1 Like

Yeah, give me cat people.

1 Like

what skins would you want - tiger, lion, cheetah, panther, etc?

Orange tiger for my warrior
black panther for my rogue
snow leopard for my monk
lion/mountain lion for my shaman

Probably others, but overall I need a tiger warrior damnit, it’s been a fantasy love of mine since even before dragons, as a kid.

1 Like

they can have Wolverine or badger mounts

Orange tiger is what I would use for my main Saberon character I’d want to make. Since he is based on my Vah Shir/Kerran character from Everquest 1 and 2, it’d be what I’d use as a way of recreating him in WoW. Plus I do like tigers.

The other character I have in mind, assuming I’d have character slots available, would be a white tiger. A lot depends on how female Saberon would look, classes available, and what faction they’d be on.

Still hoping for playable Saberon someday! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

I would like to make a Saberon with male lion features (darker mane)

2 Likes

Think I’d do a Cheetah for at least one of mine.

Possibly also a Snow Leopard.

1 Like

I just found out that Tabaxi are going to be a playable race in Dungeons & Dragons Online in an upcoming expansion titled “Isle of Dread.”

Thanks to YouTube recommendations, I came across this video showing off some customization for male and female Tabaxi, animations including dances, and some other features (note this is in I assume beta still):

Cool to see another cat man race as an expansion feature for a MMO again. Still hoping we’ll see playable Saberon in WoW someday! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

The rumor is…

Summary

The preorder hasn’t been released yet because we’re getting another allied race with it. Here’s hoping it’s saberon but the rumor is it’s Light-forged undead :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

I saw that rumor as well about an allied race of some kind being a pre-order incentive for the next expansion.

The rumor seems to be “an allied race” as opposed to more than one, though that could change. The only logical one I could think of could be Darkfallen (including Dark Rangers and San’layn), especially since there are allegedly some datamined encrypted files of questlines or something involving Calia and Tyrande. Hard to know what’ll come out of all of it, though.

I seem to recall a bit before Shadowlands or at the beginning of it, some datamine showed off 4 allied race slots, causing speculation of Covenant Races being playable at some point. I’m wondering if those slots datamined then might come into play as well, though again it is up in the air what all they could be.

That said, I don’t really expect Lightforged Undead in any capacity. Calia was a special exception, which took a lot to even have her become one. I don’t really see them getting massed produced in any capacity, though I wouldn’t rule out anything. Not especially fond of the idea, either, though that is my own personal preference.

It’s an interesting rumor and new playable races are a good incentive to get pre-orders in. We’ll see if that actually happens whenever we do get to actually preorder Dragonflight in the future.

Regardless, I’ll still support playable Saberon and other races I want playable as best I can. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

I’ve wanted to share this thread on the Community Council in a few megathreads, since it does have importance to us in general. A member brought up the 50 character limit for accounts and how we could use more:

You can give a like to the post even without being a member of the Community Council.

We’re likely to get more playable races and classes in the future, so this will be an issue for those of us who are close to or have hit the 50 character cap. Nothing feels worse than having to delete characters to make room for newer ones as more options become available.

I’m very near the character cap myself and I don’t want to maintain more than one account, its subscriptions and expansions, and so on. Speaking only for myself, I’d happily pay to get more slots on my account if that were presented as an option.

Just wanted to support this thread as much as possible, so please share and like the post if you’re also interested in more character slots please! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

I hope not! Last we need is more calia’s running around.

1 Like