Unoffical Playable Ethereal Discussion Thread

The reasoning for why I say they should go Alliance is due to the fact that the Horde already have 2 mercantile races, while the Alliance have a flat 0.

Additionally, the Horde don’t have any connection to them, whereas the Alliance have a solid tie in through the Void Elves.

It wouldn’t be the first time a neutral race chose a side either, Goblin being an obvious example of a race that for a long time was neutral but was given to the Horde.

Discontinued TCG, but still available on the AH and BMAH
[Ethereal Soul-Trader]

2 Likes

I will spend any price.

1 Like

I still think goblins should have been neutral. Although it looks to me like blizzard wanted them to be a parallel for gnomes.

Ethereal Soul trader, i think is the coolest companion pet in game, since its big. They run between 700,000 and 250,000 basically. You can check undermine journal. I have two accounts so bought 2 of them about 3 years ago. I think I paid 250,000 gold for each.

You can also check ebay to get the actual card. The card may still have its pet on it for download if they advertise it that way. I think that would run more than tokens.

Its also a vendor.

2 Likes

Nice video. I think we are due for an expansion that takes us to the void.

1 Like

While some people think K’aresh was destroyed during the attack by Dimensius, there are actually two NPCs that imply that the planet still exists and is populated by Ethereals.

The Grand Collector yells: They called me down from K’aresh to deal with this band of misfits? Unbelievable! Prepare to be collected!

With the amount of time that has passed since the attack and defeat of Dimensius, who knows how much progress was made in rebuilding their homeworld!

3 Likes

I was never under the impression that k’aresh was literally destroyed.

More it was made uninhabitable or so damaged that most just moved on to safer lands.

It would be interesting to see what has become of it.

Is it possible some still live out there?

1 Like

With the two NPCs implying it, and another NPC saying there are about 100 million Ethereals that exist, the odds are very likely that the planet is still relatively inhabited. However, I would suspect there to be a civil war between the factions for which will become the new ruler after their original king was killed.

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see that someday.

2 Likes

I’m really curious to see what their architecture looks like, as well as the wildlife on the planet.

2 Likes

I’d imagine it’s similar to what we’ve seen…

Kinda wish the brokers didn’t take so much similarity with them. Kinda afraid blizzard won’t be able to separate them.

Oh that must be amazing.

Love to see their people making sure to tend to the world’s creatures, rebandaging them and such.

1 Like

I fully support making Ethereals playable. I also agree with OPs opinion that both Arcane and Void infused ethereals should be available as customization choices on the same faction. Ethereal Arcane mages and warlocks would look sick btw. Also, rogue ethereals sneaking up behind the enemy sounds awesome.

2 Likes

My sub ends tomorrow. I enjoyed all of the conversations in this thread. Whether you’re for or against the addition of this race, please keep this thread alive and do the same for the other race request threads. Unfortunately, the story has not been going in a logical direction which makes it difficult to support. I may return in the future depending on if things are fixed and what content is added. I will miss you all.

5 Likes

I wish you well.

Normally I post on Falarden here but, here’s hoping Ethereal’s become playable someday.

2 Likes

Hate to post after myself, but hey…

Still want ethereals some day.

3 Likes

Is… Is this a necro if the thread was last bumped nine days ago?

I dont care give nao

2 Likes

No. A necro is like a 1month+plus old thread.

No, it varies it seems what counts as a necro but as Gnomest indicates it normally needs to at least be a month.

I suspect we won’t see any AR until at least 10.0 but everyone should support their wanted AR now. This gives Blizzard time to prepare them.

1 Like

I’ve finally decided to create a Discord server for this small community. If you’re interested in joining, the invite link is: https://discord.gg/MKzZUdyauY

Please respect the rules and if you see something I need to improve on I kindly ask that I’m notified.

Since there is downtime in terms of new races, and information is few and far between, I’ve included an arcade section with a few games to provide members with things to pass the time.

2 Likes