Unoffical Playable Ethereal Discussion Thread

A wonderful thing to hear.

We need more discords for AR’s.

1 Like

Wanted to share something my girlfriend made since I felt she did a great job!

2 Likes

Adorable!

Nice to see more ethereal art.

A collection of Ethereal Hearthstone cards that I found interesting:

^^ Wearing metal plating ^^

^^ Red magic & soul. Neat lantern. Bandage wraps fashioned into dress at bottom. ^^

^^ Original Saraad concept. Imples K’aresh had both Camels and Scorpions. He also wears an interesting outfit.

^^ Soul in the form of chains rather than a singular mass ^^

^^ Egyptian-y outfit, & bandages at bottom fashioned into robe. ^^

^^ Wearing goggles, has tubes/pipes around the collar area, a cylindrical device attached to belt. ^^

2 Likes

Very nice things to see.

I also like the idea that canonically they would shift colors to whatever cosmic power they use or are infused with, while still having the customization option unburdened by any restrictions.

That way they get some neat lore and players are still free to RP as they wish.

I’ve included the Discord link at the bottom of the OP so people interested can find it easier without having to scroll up through the replies :hugs:

I’m debating on if I should convert it into a collection to include my other two (Saberon and Arakkoa).

This would create a single server for three races.
If you think this is something that might be a good idea, please let me know!

3 Likes

Supporting this as well!!

2 Likes

An update has been made to the Ethereal Discord Server.

Instead of it being focused on Ethereals as a playable race, I have included my other two suggested races: Arakkoa and Saberon.

If you’re interested in joining the server, the invite link is:

By default, you only have the generalized channels available to you. You can select which of the three you wish to have access to view the channels of. It’s in early stages, and I’m open to any and all suggestions to help improve it.

3 Likes

Wonderful! I hope all those who support these three races will join. I’d enjoy talking to others about all of them.

3 Likes

Daily support :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was playing a bit through Argus again last night to get my Hubby Void Elves unlocked, and I have to say I love the Void Ethereal look.

Support for the Ethereals being playable!

3 Likes

Hate to make a second post after myself but was wondering…

And I know this isn’t specifically Ehtereal related.

What is Murmur? Is it a void being or something else?

I’m glad you asked! Myself and some friends in a lore community were actually debating this very topic just last week.

To answer the last part, no he is not a Void being.

Based on his dungeon journal entry, he is an elemental. His abilities suggest a connection to both sound and magnetism, both likely utilized through arcane.

Based on his unique appearance, we can deduce he is at minimum an elemental lord. However, given the information we are told, he is even more powerful. When he first entered into existence, it literally shattered reality around the area. His faintest of whispers are said to be capable of destroying entire worlds.

Based on then being born from cosmic energy, deeming him a primordial elemental, he may be an example of an entity from the arcane plane entering the plane of reality.

1 Like

Fortuitous!

A shame. I wonder where I got that from in the end…

Now that would be interesting to explore further…

Also makes a lot more sense why the Ethereal’s would be interested in him in the first place…

2 Likes

Ethereals are freakin cool looking and one of the most interesting races in the whole game. They would really help spice up the roster of Alliance playable races. Since Alliance races are “boring” in comparison to the Horde.

3 Likes

They would and are not a copy paste of anyone else either.

1 Like

I would forgive the just kinda bad lore around void elves if it lead to playable Ethereals for Alliance.

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/39/2/1632845391-5f998c11fbdf1d74f2b9bae68a2608e8.jpg

2 Likes

Supporting Ethereals as an Allied Race.

Personally, I think they should be an Alliance race, considering they could go in tandem with Void Elves and the Locus Walker.

Being able to choose their energy color would be very cool as well. Void or Light-infused Ethereals, for instance.

2 Likes

i thought maybe they could be a void elf customization, since ethereals are involved in telogus rift and went thru a similar process as void elves. void elves were almost entirely etherealized before alleria intervened

my crappy example

their eyes are the same color of ether as their body. their hair is bandages, twisted around and left to flap in the wind like hair