Unoffical Playable Ethereal Discussion Thread

I think they’re a good candidate for an AR.

I suspect either in a Void lands based or Arcane lands base expansion for sure.

Hopefully sooner. They’re not a bad idea for an AR by any stretch and are well worth the effort.

I think that etherials would be a good allied race for the game. I hope they are made playable someday. Allied race or core race.

2 Likes

I would be surprised at this point if it’s a core race setup.

Blizzard suggested that they would be using the AR setup going forward…

Then again, they also said they’d do more customizations.

1 Like

Either way. As long as they are done properly I don’t think anyone cares about technicalities.

I didn’t know I wanted this. Now, I must have it.

1 Like

Would they be able to be rogues?

Hmm. I’m not sure but the idea of using evasion on them seems pretty cool. Plus from my experience they can do melee. The driving factor would probably be the stealth aspect.

1 Like

Its does. I can see them being rogue like in nature.

Good afternoon!
It’s so hot outside it feels like the twin Suns of K’aresh are beating down upon the land.

1 Like

Ethereals are a good AR choice.

1 Like

Are there any official pictures to what K’aresh looks like?

Unfortunately not, just a very tiny few descriptions.

Hey. Thankfully we have plenty of fan artists that are willing to do fanart of this stuff.

Fan-made expansion concept by @Azapls on Twitter which features playable Ethereals.

New Version:

Old Version:

1 Like

When fans are coming up with better content the blizzard is. Feels kinda sad at times doesn’t it?

1 Like

Truly sad indeed. It would be so simple for Blizzard to get the permission from those concept creators and tie it into real expansions. Hopefully we’ll get something at least close to this sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Alas. Its not quite always that simple since if blizzard wanted to, they could hire someone else to make something more legally binding.

They’d be using the framework they built/the tech. Whether they’d be considered a core race or an AR would all depend on how they were introduced/treated.

1 Like

Great post. I do love the fact that really the only life-size humanoid battle pet that I know of is the ethereal. He is really cool. I forget to get him out.

I think it would be cool to give them to alliance only, due to a void elf connection. It could possibly be a faction balancer.

But neutral would make more sense, since in game they stay neutral.

1 Like

Really?

Wait where do we get it?

(furiously looks through my pets for it)

I’d prefer neutral with the twist that the void ethereals join Alliance and arcane join Horde.