Unlock Mechagnomes with Horde Rep

The quest that makes them part of available to be selected in character creation can only be completed on the Alliance, the reputation is account wide.

2 Likes

Scratch. I’m mixing my reps. Or maybe I’m not and I’m just getting a massive headache about it, iunno.

If the UI Reset didn’t work, I’d currently just chalk it up to a bug at present.

I have the achievement on my Horde as WELL as the rep. But, when I go on Alliance it tells me I lack the achievement.

I have The Mechagonian Threat and the exalted rep on my Horde toon here, but the only thing being shown as not done is the achievement The Mechagonian Threat, which has been unlocked on this toon. By quest that makes them part of the Alliance, do you mean the one that’s found in the embassy or the achievement because again, I have the achievement done on this character.

He means the actual recruitment quest chain, yes. But I’m not as confused about Voldunai/OoE as I thought I was.

So as Alliance cannot make progress towards Voldunai for the Vulpera, it stands to reason that an Alliance character needs to do The Mechagonian Threat to level the playing field, so to speak.

Though if you have The Mechagonian Threat and Secrets of the Sands unlocked on a Horde character as well as exalted Voldunai, you might be able to purchase a faction change on that character (after unlocking the Vulpera) so that they meet the potential and all-the-more-likely-as-I-think-about-it Alliance requirement for The Mechagonian Threat.

From what I’ve been able to tell it looks like you must complete the Alliance version of the Mechagonian Threat achievement.

In the Content Update Notes it actually says the following.

Horde players can unlock the vulpera by completing the Vol’dun level-up story line and reaching Exalted with the Voldunai. Alliance players who are Exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance and have completed the Mechagon story can embark on a quest line to create a mechagnome of their own.

3 Likes

That is utterly ridiculous. If you do it once, that should be it. Why is it that the reputation portion goes through, but not the Mechagonian Threat achievement. Completely unfair…

“Oh yeah guys here, do all this work… but also do it twice lmao.”

How is it unfair? Alliance characters can’t make progress towards unlocking the Vulpera at all.

2 Likes

But that’s where it gets weird. I’m exalted with Mechagon and have the achievement on my horde toon here, but it’s still saying I’m exalted on my alliance toon and not having the achievement on that one. Why would I only have one requirement fulfilled but not the other?

1 Like

That’s also different. They’ve had over a year to do that.

It’s unfair because everything they have said from the moment they announced mechagnomes was that it could be unlocked by completing the requirements on Horde?

2 Likes

Because if you haven’t done The Mechagonian Threat on any Alliance character, per the blog he linked, for this purpose it isn’t considered complete.

Not for nothing, but what other Allied race has done this? I earned all of them on Horde and it transfers over to Alliance. Now robot gnomes are too special for that?

1 Like

But then why did the reputation carry over, but not the achievement?

1 Like

Bottom line, like it or not, outrage and anger here will not change it. It is obviously intended as the devs, not the SFAs included it in the notes.

At this point, you would be better suited making a thread in GD, using the in game suggestion, or hitting the devs up on Twitter.

They do not come here for feedback, and the SFAs are not liaisons with them for feedback.

While I get you are upset, these are the best courses of action to take.

2 Likes

Because the reputation is neutral. There is no faction-specific tally for that one, and in order to balance the unlock requirements for each race, that was their decision.

3 Likes

Also, sick of Blizzard to change the wording of the “requirements” 5 days before the patch drops. No please, don’t do it in October when it was announced. Do it 5 days before all this garbage goes live.

Most reputations are account wide, so the credit carries over. The Rustbolt Resistance reputation is technically neutral.

The achievement has two different versions with different requirements on each.

That I can’t speak to, Calindrae. I highly recommend that any feedback you may have be directed towards the General Discussion forum so that it can be seen by the proper folks.

3 Likes

But…

Wowhead…

https://www.wowhead.com/mechagnome-allied-race

The unlock scenario refers to:

1 Like

Sadly, they had it wrong. It happens when you data mine.

Or they had it correct, and it changed. And they did not notice.

Despite being sited as a reference in a lot of things, it is NOT an official Blizzard source.

2 Likes